Cuban Cigars

Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Archives Thru July 2001: Topics Archived Thru Jan 2001:Cuban Cigars
 SubtopicPosts Updated
Archive through January 13, 2001  25   01/13 07:00am

By Marcellin on Sunday, January 14, 2001 - 03:56 am: Edit

Yes Artemis, you are correct about cigars and absinthe. I've tried several different cigars with several different absinthes and I have yet to have a pleasant experience with any combinations. A good cigar stands alone, and so does a good absinthe.

p.

By Gadfly on Sunday, January 14, 2001 - 03:50 am: Edit

I don't smoke cigars often but when I do, I often
accompany them with a Kentucky Bourbon. At the
moment, my three faves are Woodford Reserve, Knob
Creek and Makers Mark.

By _blackjack_ on Sunday, January 14, 2001 - 03:25 am: Edit

Don't remind me. My espresso machine is broken. Human coffee is too...fragile for my purposes...

By Artemis on Sunday, January 14, 2001 - 01:41 am: Edit

Okay Marcellin, you've got me there. I hadn't thought of coffee. You're right. I don't mind smoking with coffee. Possibly it's because coffee (at least the kind I like) oils up my palate as completely as a cigar anyway. I stand corrected.
But not with absinthe, please. Then, I want no oils crossing my lips other than those bled from the broken body of Hyacinthus, as old Uncle Al put it.

By Marcellin on Saturday, January 13, 2001 - 01:49 pm: Edit

Gentlemen I beg to differ… I believe that cigars are eminently enjoyable with accompaniments. An 18-year-old scotch goes hand and hand with a strong, oily, complex Churchill. Possible it's the fire & water intrigue, the yin & yang, or just plain old diversification or what one ingests.

I also enjoy a nice cigar with coffee. They are just marriages; tobacco & alcohol, tobacco and caffeine. And like marriages… some appreciate the concept and some don't.

Enjoy.

p.

By Artemis on Saturday, January 13, 2001 - 12:07 pm: Edit

"Of course, there is enough nicotine in a cigar to "kill three people" if it were macerated that way (nicotine figures are according to my 8th grade Biology teacher, Mr. Hedges, except he didn't say absinthe but water)."

Did Mr. Hedges tell you how to get the neighbor's pain in the ass dog to drink the stuff?

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page |Delete Conversation |Close Conversation |Move Conversation