VILE E-MAIL

Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Archives Thru July 2001: Topics Archived Thru Jan 2001:VILE E-MAIL
By Bob_chong on Thursday, January 25, 2001 - 10:13 am: Edit

There are over 370 of them. Good burgers and chili.

http://www.steaknshake.com/

The strippers must be a Kokomo thing. As for the 50's feel, it's not retro-kitsch (i.e., you will NOT see pictures of Bogey and James Dean all over) but more like the simple use of color and so forth.

BC

By Martin on Thursday, January 25, 2001 - 03:15 am: Edit

Yes, there is indeed a restaurant called "Steak n' Shake". It's a chain in the Midwest. It's a burger and fries kinda place with a 50's diner atmosphere. It's open 24 hours and I sometimes hang out there when I'm not in the mood for Denny's. It's nice, but the lighting is too bright. Alot of strippers go there when they get off work. Don't ask me why.

-Martin

By Imaldris on Wednesday, January 24, 2001 - 10:09 pm: Edit

Martin-

This might be a dumbass question, but is there really a restaurant called "Steak and Shake?" If not, let me know because I have a really cool idea for the use of that name!

By Martin on Wednesday, January 24, 2001 - 04:20 pm: Edit

I'll let you know as soon as it comes out and I can get ahold of a copy.

Speaking of Throbbing Gristle, I just got a copy of "Heathen Earth" last week. I really like it. It's a live-in-the-studio album and it has some really good songs on it. It's a very dark album. It's one of those albums where you can really hear the influence they had on later bands.

-Martin

By Black_rabbit on Wednesday, January 24, 2001 - 03:57 pm: Edit

Can you email me when you get it whether or not it sucks? You are one of the only other people I've met who listens to throbbing gristle, so I am thinking your taste in industrial is probably impeccable...

By Martin on Wednesday, January 24, 2001 - 02:57 pm: Edit

The big mystery about the new album is exactly who's going to be on it. It's pretty much assumed that Ogre and cEvin Key are going to be on it, but no one really knows. Dwayne Goettel was a big part of the sound, but its pretty much been Ogre and cEvin's thing from the beginning. As long as Ogre is in it, I don't think it will be too drastically different. Of course, if Ogre ISN'T in it, I'm not sure it would even be fit to be called Skinny Puppy. I'm optimistic that its going to be a cool thing. I heard Bill Leib might be in it, but that's pure speculation.

-Martin

By Black_rabbit on Wednesday, January 24, 2001 - 06:51 am: Edit

'Sorry about the horn tooting'

Toot away! I was just making a bad masturbation joke- I am glad you said something and interested to hear your music.

New album!?!?!

I thought whats-his-head was dead and stuff. How can there be a new album? Did they replace him or something? How has it changed their sound?
BR

'Out of the Skinny Puppy loop since 1996'

By Martin on Wednesday, January 24, 2001 - 03:35 am: Edit

Sorry about the horn tooting. I'm just so pathetic and boring normally, it's nice to have something to talk about that makes me seem important.

Not all my music is noise music. I have two bands and they'll both be represented on the site. The other band does more "traditional" heavy rock music. Kinda like a cross between Nirvana, Swans, and NIN. Something like that... I dunno, its kinda hard to describe. The noise music sounds like a cross between Throbbing Gristle, Merzbow, and Skinny Puppy. I guess...

Speaking of Skinny Puppy..... the new album will be out next month, WHOO-HOO!

-Martin

By Black_rabbit on Tuesday, January 23, 2001 - 07:44 am: Edit

Well, let us know when it comes out and where to get it and stuff.

And for god's sake man, stop tooting your horn, you'll go blind.

You just GOTTA put a song or two on your website. If I go to a band's website and there's no music, well... it's a big waste O time. You make noise-music, which is niche market stuff, so exposure through the digital underground of the world wide interpoo might help you sell a buncha records. Or not. But if you have kewl noize and a buncha kids on AOL see a kewl website with a link to your couple songs they might just shell out.

By Martin on Tuesday, January 23, 2001 - 02:53 am: Edit

Nothing on a website (yet). My band's site may have bits of songs on it in the future. The studio's site is going to have a feature where every month we're going to offer free samples to download. By samples I mean things like drum loops, synth sounds, effects, junk like that. The best way to hear my work will be to purchase the Habitat For Humanity Benefit album which my boss's label will be putting out early spring. I'll have recorded about five or six of the songs on it and done all the mastering.

-Martin

By Cheese on Monday, January 22, 2001 - 10:34 pm: Edit

Martin, got a website with some of your work on it? Or do you have any samples of your music available for download?

Admin, how are those shirts coming?

Josh

By Martin on Monday, January 22, 2001 - 07:00 pm: Edit

I don't do it often. But I'm just especially pleased with some work I did yesterday.

-Martin

By Pikkle on Monday, January 22, 2001 - 06:58 pm: Edit

Well, someone's gotta toot your horn now
don't they?

By Martin on Monday, January 22, 2001 - 06:42 pm: Edit

My purpose in life is to make music and record sound. I do both those things for a living. And I'd like to think I do them both very well.

-Martin

By Pikkle on Monday, January 22, 2001 - 06:40 pm: Edit

yeah but people got to eat Martin...even you
need a purpose in life.

By Martin on Monday, January 22, 2001 - 06:35 pm: Edit

I don't work in restaurants. My brother worked there once, but that was his mistake. I worked in a pizza place once for a week. After that, I quit and have vowed to never work in the food industry again. Its a bad business to get stuck in.

-Martin

By Pikkle on Monday, January 22, 2001 - 04:55 pm: Edit

Was that when you were working the grill there
Martin?

By Martin on Monday, January 22, 2001 - 04:45 pm: Edit

Nah, I've threatened people at Steak n' Shake too.

No offense taken Marc. I did assume you would have mailed me directly instead of bringing it up here. Just wanted to make sure you didn't think it was me.

-Martin

By Black_rabbit on Monday, January 22, 2001 - 01:17 pm: Edit

Law enforcement will not in any likelyhood help you. They just don't have the resources or wherewithall to deal with this stuff now.

By Marc on Monday, January 22, 2001 - 10:05 am: Edit

Martin,

I was kidding. Of course, I don't think you sent
me the vile e-mail. If I did, I would have e-mailed you directly to discuss it.

By Pikkle on Monday, January 22, 2001 - 05:27 am: Edit

"Any threatening I do engage in is done
face-to-face. "

You forgot to add "only at Denny's."

By Martin on Monday, January 22, 2001 - 02:59 am: Edit

Marc,

Trust me, I haven't a clue what you're talking about. My .uk address is used primarily for band-related things anyway, that's why I gave you my "normal" address.

I've neither spammed nor sent a threatening email to ANYONE, EVER. (not even Walsh) I'm not so stupid as to threaten anyone through the mail, and I'm not the type to threaten anyway. Any threatening I do engage in is done face-to-face.

Frankly, I'm suprised you'd accuse me. I thought we had at least some kind of understanding. I guess not... I'm rather disappointed.

Besides... I NEVER USE YAHOO! FOR ANYTHING. I loathe that company. They make me wanna puke. I don't even like sending email to people with Yahoo! accounts.

-Martin

By Head_prosthesis on Sunday, January 21, 2001 - 03:53 pm: Edit

Oh Dear Sweet Kallisti Goddess of Forumania,

Exactly how many times should I click on this here Amazon.com banner? Do I win a prize or something?

By Head_prosthesis on Sunday, January 21, 2001 - 03:29 pm: Edit

I'll bet they're the same ones I'm battling. I should have never opened that Necronomicon...

By Admin on Sunday, January 21, 2001 - 03:26 pm: Edit

Marc, did it have anything to do with the forum? Or are you being attacked by dark outside forces?

By Head_prosthesis on Sunday, January 21, 2001 - 03:25 pm: Edit

All these dirty filthy keys. I have to wash everyone of them with a Q-tip...

By Head_prosthesis on Sunday, January 21, 2001 - 03:21 pm: Edit

AAAGGGHHHHHHH!!! I'm being probed.
Someone's trying to get at my sensitive privates!!!

By Head_prosthesis on Sunday, January 21, 2001 - 03:20 pm: Edit

Martin's head on a lance?

Let's just cool it folks, there no taxing King and there's no fricking tea going overboard.

By Pikkle on Sunday, January 21, 2001 - 03:14 pm: Edit

Martin is being deported by Head's friend from
what I've heard.

By Marc on Sunday, January 21, 2001 - 03:13 pm: Edit

It's a yahoo address in the u.k. I've been told it's impossible to trace. I don't really give a shit. I'd just like to know who the creep is.

We've had spammers in here with u.k. addresses.

Hey, Martin's got a u.k. address. Fess up you little punk.

By Pikkle on Sunday, January 21, 2001 - 03:11 pm: Edit

Watch out for the semtex...

By Head_prosthesis on Sunday, January 21, 2001 - 03:09 pm: Edit

That would be me charging over the hill with a pointy stick screaming "BONZAI!!!!!!!!!!!"

By Pikkle on Sunday, January 21, 2001 - 03:00 pm: Edit

Would that be with a .308 or a 50 cal Mr. Head
Prosthesis... remember to adjust for windage
and elevation.

By Pikkle on Sunday, January 21, 2001 - 02:59 pm: Edit

If it is threatening, and it is traceable, I'm sure
there's a law enforcement agency, probably
the FBI that would assist you. Just hide your
stash when they come over!

By Head_prosthesis on Sunday, January 21, 2001 - 02:35 pm: Edit

I can Peep a Postal Pikkle Poking from a mile away...

By Head_prosthesis on Sunday, January 21, 2001 - 02:32 pm: Edit

Post it here.
I'm sure with the wide array of scholars in this Forum there's a handwriting expert in the house.

By Artemis on Sunday, January 21, 2001 - 02:27 pm: Edit

If it was sent through a remailer, there is no way. Not even the FBI could help you, unless it's one of the remailers they run themselves.

If it was sent direct from an ISP, the ISP can find out who sent it with no problem, but they won't tell you the sender's identity without a court order. They may or may not discipline the clown who sent it, according to their own policies. The same applies to web-based mail boxes such as Hotmail, etc.

By Head_prosthesis on Sunday, January 21, 2001 - 02:14 pm: Edit

HAHAHA!!!

By Pikkle on Sunday, January 21, 2001 - 02:13 pm: Edit

Hey Marc

Forward it to me... I'll tell you if it's Head or not.

By Head_prosthesis on Sunday, January 21, 2001 - 01:42 pm: Edit

Your isp should be able to. There are also various ip tracer programs on many of the warez sites and ftps

By Marc on Sunday, January 21, 2001 - 01:38 pm: Edit

I just received some vile e-mail, a threat. Is there any way to trace this back to the chickenshit who sent it?

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page |Delete Conversation |Close Conversation |Move Conversation