Screwtop Herbsaint?

Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Archives Thru July 2001: Topics Archived Thru Feb 2001:Screwtop Herbsaint?
By Timk on Sunday, February 18, 2001 - 08:49 am: Edit

Came off Ebay usa, didnt it?

By Eric on Saturday, February 17, 2001 - 02:30 pm: Edit

thats a great bottle Oxygenee, thanks for sharing it with us. it sure is a lot of fun to find these things.

By Oxygenee on Friday, February 16, 2001 - 11:57 pm: Edit

The earliest Herbsaint bottles, if the information from the Legendre Company is correct, date from the early 1930's. The first bottles are 120% proof - this was soon reduced to 100%. The earliest bottles seem not to have had the word Herbsaint in big letters at that bottom - this seemed to have been added at about the same time the proof content was reduced. The screwtop seems to have been introduced in the Fifties.

Herbsaint minatures are fairly common, complete bottles less so. Phil posted a picture here a few months ago of a Legendre Absinthe bottle, which must either have preceeded the introduction of the Herbsaint brand by a year or two, or more likely, run parallel to it for a time. Here is photo of a full size Herbsaint bottle, probably of the late 1940's, including the backlabel:
Herbsaint bottle
Herbsaint back label

By Tabreaux on Friday, February 16, 2001 - 06:26 pm: Edit

I have a couple of them. The label seems to have been relatively unchanged for many years, so it is difficult to date them accurately.

By Daedelus on Friday, February 16, 2001 - 05:01 pm: Edit

Eric,

there you are. I still have your photo that I scanned for you. Did you get that email with the attachment? I still have a copy of the file if you would still like to use it for your profile. email me or give me a call and we can discuss.

daedelus

By Eric on Friday, February 16, 2001 - 04:48 pm: Edit

I recently found one of the same bottles. I have been told that it was probably made in the 1950s.
it is still sealed, but is only about 1/3 full. you can see a pic if you click on my name.

By Timk on Tuesday, January 23, 2001 - 11:36 am: Edit

http://www.geocities.com/timkilvington/herbsaint.jpg

I just baught this lot for $1.99 on ebay - it appears to include a screwtop hrebsaint bottle - does anyone know if this is possible - this looks exactly like the label on the bottle kallisti posted a pic from but it's screwtop - u cant see the top of the bottle on the guide - any info would be greatly appreciated :- )

Tim

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page |Delete Conversation |Close Conversation |Move Conversation