Failed spoon maneuver

Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Archives Thru July 2001: Topics Archived Thru Jan 2001:Failed spoon maneuver
By Brspiritus on Wednesday, January 24, 2001 - 03:24 pm: Edit

Ah truth in advertising... my cat would never go near the stuff. Sniffed a glass of Sebors once and ran around the house sneezing for 15 mins.

By _blackjack_ on Wednesday, January 24, 2001 - 02:46 pm: Edit

...Alyson Hannigan...sigh...

...and that kitten poster is adorable...

By Admin on Wednesday, January 24, 2001 - 02:17 pm: Edit

wormwood's cat. heh.

thirsty cat!

By Artemis on Wednesday, January 24, 2001 - 02:16 pm: Edit

"Yeah! One time, at Band Camp...."

I believe that was a different sort of pussy.
Something about a flute, too.

By Malhomme on Wednesday, January 24, 2001 - 01:39 pm: Edit

Yeah! One time, at Band Camp....

By Wormwood on Wednesday, January 24, 2001 - 09:20 am: Edit

Here is a picture of a cat from an old Absinthe
Bourgeois advertisment. I thought it would fit
nicely with this thread.

1,thirsty cat

By Black_rabbit on Wednesday, January 24, 2001 - 06:21 am: Edit

Once, I was hanging out at a freinds house. I was in her living room, reading a book, and she had laid down to sleep... I heard a terrible retching noise from her room- the cat had been on her windowsill, the one above her bed, and had puked half digested cat food all over her head.

Ah, the look on her face!

By Artemis on Wednesday, January 24, 2001 - 06:20 am: Edit

Every one of my cats has learned the terror of being chased around the house by a plastic grocery bag, and every time the same way - as kittens they love to get into them and drive them around the place like a blocking sled, but sooner or later, the cat's head gets stuck in the hand hole and that's where the fun starts. As adults, they flee at the sound of a rustling plastic bag.

By Absinthedrinker on Wednesday, January 24, 2001 - 04:49 am: Edit

Marc

How is you dog now?

By Perruche_verte on Wednesday, January 24, 2001 - 04:43 am: Edit

Hee hee. Maybe he was afraid you'd die like Hendrix and was using extreme measures to wake you up and save your life. Or maybe he was just pissed off because you passed out and left him alone.

My budgie has the run of my room. I agree with William Blake: "A bird in a cage/puts all Heaven in a rage." He gets furious when I try to take a nap in the afternoon and will buzz a few inches over my head, screaming at me.

These little birds are very nervous and suspicious but they'll get tame with enough attention. One I had before him would land on my face in the morning to wake me up. If that didn't work, he'd bite. This could be awkward if I had someone over to spend the night.

By Marc on Wednesday, January 24, 2001 - 12:57 am: Edit

True story.

By Grimbergen on Tuesday, January 23, 2001 - 11:34 pm: Edit

Marc, you have got to be fucking kidding me. Right?

Grim

By Marc on Tuesday, January 23, 2001 - 11:12 pm: Edit

I got drunk and passed out on the bed. The next day when I awoke, I smelled something terrible in the room. I looked everywhere trying to locate the smell. I couldn't find it. I went to the bathroom and looked in the mirror. That's when I found the source of the sickening smell. My dog had taken a shit in my hair! I had turd dreadlocks.

By Midas on Tuesday, January 23, 2001 - 10:32 pm: Edit

Our cat was very intruiged by plastic bags for a while. That was until I heard a commotion coming from my bedroom, and a plastic bag went running down the hallway. He hasn't touched one since.

By Timk on Tuesday, January 23, 2001 - 03:37 pm: Edit

lol, I came home one day, and my budgie had escaped, I found him stuck head first in a cut glass vase - all that stck out was his feet and tail - lol fortunately he emerged unharmed

Tim

By Perruche_verte on Tuesday, January 23, 2001 - 12:40 pm: Edit

Warning: cute pet story.

My budgie is very interested in those strange activities of mine involving colored fluids, glasses, spoons, etc. One day I absentmindedly set a glass of Segarra down on the table near his perch -- I had just poured a little water over the sugar and it was beginning to dissolve.

The handle of the spoon looked like a good landing place, so he flapped over to investigate and tried to sit on it. He is heavier than a wet sugar cube, so he overbalanced, squawked, and flew away, leaving a sticky sugar mess on the table.

Wish I'd had a camera.

(BTW, the glass is deep enough that he couldn't have consumed any -- good thing, as alcohol and birds don't mix.)

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page |Delete Conversation |Close Conversation |Move Conversation