L'absinthe nouveau est arrivée

Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Archives Thru July 2001: Topics Archived Thru Jan 2001:L'absinthe nouveau est arrivée
By Artemis on Friday, January 26, 2001 - 11:20 am: Edit

In that case, better perform the hamstringing with one of those sommelier's tools, a Chateau Laguiole or maybe a Phillippe Faure-Brac.

By Don_Walsh on Friday, January 26, 2001 - 10:46 am: Edit

From outside the door came the rasping, insectoid singing of a familiar anthem...

"Allons, enfants de la patria
La fee verte est arrive..."

By Don_Walsh on Friday, January 26, 2001 - 10:42 am: Edit

Chapter Two

The last man on earth sat alone in a room. In front of him was a glass of Breaux absinthe.

There came a knock on the door...

By Absinthedrinker on Friday, January 26, 2001 - 08:49 am: Edit

you are anticipating chapter two I think...

By Artemis on Friday, January 26, 2001 - 08:46 am: Edit

It wasn't quite convincing. Maybe if someone had been hamstrung with a corkscrew ....

By Oxygenee on Friday, January 26, 2001 - 07:55 am: Edit

Hmmmmmm....following in Stephen King's footsteps with a pay per chapter book....now for a title....damn, "The Shining" has been used already....wait.....I'm getting it......"THE LOUCHING"

By Petermarc on Friday, January 26, 2001 - 06:40 am: Edit

you greedy writers are all the same, play with our emotions and then jerk us around for a buck...

By Absinthedrinker on Friday, January 26, 2001 - 06:05 am: Edit

Hey that's not a bad idea Peter, send me a dollar and I'll write another chapter (alternatively send me a dollar and I promise not to write any more, its all the same to me!)

By Absinthedrinker on Friday, January 26, 2001 - 06:03 am: Edit

damn, I thought I was on alt.writing.hangovers

By Petermarc on Friday, January 26, 2001 - 05:43 am: Edit

awakes from zombie-like state at his job...what is this? and do we have to pay a dollar (or a quid) for each chapter?

By Absinthedrinker on Friday, January 26, 2001 - 03:20 am: Edit

I entered the Green Parrot eager to get in out of the cold damp night air. The fug hit me like a wall of cotton wool, the place was heaving. I spotted X at his usual spot against the bar a cigar in one hand and a glass of abs in the other. I elbowed my way through the crowds until I caught his eye, he raised a hand in greeting and signaled to the barman. By the time I reached the bar my usual was all lined up.

"Busy tonight" I remarked
"Yeah, they're expecting a new delivery tonight, something special."
"From our friends in Bangkok?"
X nodded and took a pull at his drink.
"Hope they're not disappointed" I said
"I doubt that they will be, not from what I've heard"
I peered around the bar, most of the regulars were there plus quite a few other faces that I didn't recognize, mostly young kids who looked slightly uncomfortable in these surroundings. There was an almost palpable tension in the air, every time the door opened heads would swivel. It was like everyone was waiting for someone or something to arrive.

Suddenly there was a crash from the far corner of the room and a sound of chairs scraping harshly across the tiled floor accompanied by raised voices. Some of the regulars straightened up and a couple of them exchanged glances and moved over to see what was happening. X placed his cigar carefully in the ashtray and turned towards the sound. Two kids were squaring off against each other over some real or imagined slight. This sort of thing happened all the time and usually no harm was done, a few glasses too many and it was easy to give or take offense without meaning to. I watched as the situation was talked down and the protagonists grudgingly sat down again to continue their conversation at more acceptable levels.

"Seems like everyone is kind of jumpy this evening" I observed
X shrugged and finished his abs. I indicated to the barman that a replacement was needed. Before he could answer, the door to the street opened and two figures walked into the bar. All at once the bar became silent as the identity of the newcomers became apparent. The whole room turned to watch as the two men walked towards the bar, the crowds melted to either side as they made their way across the room. I noticed that each carried a wooden case. They reached the bar and each lifted their case onto the counter.

"L'absinthe nouveau est arrive" X muttered under his breath.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page |Delete Conversation |Close Conversation |Move Conversation