Archive through January 13, 2001

Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Archives Thru July 2001: Topics Archived Thru Jan 2001:3 Bottles of Absinthe in the Garbage:Archive through January 13, 2001
By Pikkle on Saturday, January 13, 2001 - 08:14 am: Edit

I'm sure there's some compost thrown in
there for texture.

By Chrysippvs on Saturday, January 13, 2001 - 06:23 am: Edit

oh no urine, that is only for absinthe King Gold, and they add a spoonful of Vics Vapour Rub for added thujone and there you go...

Recipe for Absinthe King:

1 ounce of wormwood
1/4 ounce crushed star anise
1/2 ounce of fennel
One 750ml bottle of 70% alcohol Large French Press.
Let sit for a day. Then press repeatedly. After each press, shake or stir it up so its all free floating and not pressed down.
Do this daily for 2 weeks.. It should be a dark green/brown after the 2nd day.
Let sit for a week

bottle, apply silly label serve..

Voila..Absinthe King

By Head_prosthesis on Saturday, January 13, 2001 - 05:06 am: Edit

It does look pretty in the bottle. That is it's power.

You have a recipe for King? It dosen't include any sort of urine I hope.

By Chrysippvs on Saturday, January 13, 2001 - 04:10 am: Edit

Nah it would sit on my shelf and look pretty..period. Trust me, you don't need to spend 80 bucks on king..send me 10 dollars and I will make you some..

By Head_prosthesis on Friday, January 12, 2001 - 07:41 pm: Edit

I see. Is that where the Staroplzensky would be going?

To the rednecks?

Is it like repellant? Or does it have some other insidious effect?

I was considering trying the Absinthe King(come on, it's called KING for chrsippvs-sake) but now I don't know.

Rupert writes "Hills: (Had to wash my mouth out with Dog P to rid myself of the flavor)"

Dog P! you slay me!

By Chrysippvs on Friday, January 12, 2001 - 01:41 am: Edit

I give Absinthe King to rednecks around here...that stuff is awful. What were they thinking when they made this stuff..

"I wonder if people will drink my urine with a little wormwood floating in it as long as I say it as thujone in it?"

and now due to the success of absinthe king...absinthe king gold, I knew that most people don't have a palate for anise, but I didn't know they had one for hairspray....

By Artemis on Thursday, January 11, 2001 - 11:51 pm: Edit

A friend told me he keeps that sort of crap around in case enemies drop by. Don't know if he was serious.

By Dirtywett on Thursday, January 11, 2001 - 04:14 pm: Edit

Wouldn't buy em, but wouldn't mind sampling that crap to see how it earned it's rep either.

I think that's a good suggestion as to what to do with them.

Love n' Lye;
Darcy J. Watt

By Perruche_verte on Thursday, January 11, 2001 - 02:04 pm: Edit

Hell, if you have some empty airline bottles or other suitable containers lying around, I'd even buy samples of Hills and Original from you. Not Absinth King, though... I suspect I can make the same damned thing at home (and have done -- and lived to tell about it).

Based on the reviews these drinks get, I couldn't justify ever buying a bottle on the Web, but I would like to learn firsthand what gives them their reputation.

Drink them with large portions of a very sweet citrus drink (like lime Jarritos -- a Mexican soda pop) and you should be able to choke them down. Though I suppose the question is, why bother?

By Bob_chong on Thursday, January 11, 2001 - 12:45 pm: Edit

Just keep them around for sampling, in case anyone ever inquires. I, for one, would sample these. Buy them, no way. Taste them if offered, sure.

BC

By Rupert1029 on Thursday, January 11, 2001 - 11:30 am: Edit

Thanks Black Rabbit, I tried that, but was sued by the Bum for misrepresentation.

By Black_rabbit on Thursday, January 11, 2001 - 10:38 am: Edit

you could trade them to a bum for some Mad Dog 20/20.

By Rupert1029 on Thursday, January 11, 2001 - 09:05 am: Edit

A friend of mine sent me 3 bottles of Absinthe as a birthday gift. She knows I like it, but had no clue what kind, or that there was a BIG difference in Absinthes. I prefer Deva and Segarrra. She got me all Czech. Have tried 2 of them.
Hills: (Had to wash my mouth out with Dog P to rid myself of the flavor)
Original : (Is it really Absinthe, or mislabelled cough syrup?)
King of Spirits (Picture of Van Gogh on the label): Scared to try it, it has weeds floating around on the bottom.

Any ideas on what to mix these with, or how to drink them, to make them drinkable ?

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page |Delete Conversation |Close Conversation |Move Conversation