Artemis : - )

Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Archives Thru July 2001: Topics Archived Thru Feb 2001:Artemis : - )
By Fluid on Friday, February 02, 2001 - 02:44 pm: Edit

Got 'em. Thanks - great reading

By Black_Rabbit on Wednesday, January 31, 2001 - 03:47 pm: Edit

Got em, thanks!

By Artemis on Wednesday, January 31, 2001 - 09:10 am: Edit

The flood of "ACKSEND" messages I'm getting this morning shows the logjam has broken at the afore-mentioned malfunctioning server.

At this time I have confirmations that the requested files were sent on their way to everyone who asked, except Timk, Fluid, and Black Rabbit.
I will resend to those people today.

If anybody gets multiple copies, possibly with varying versions of my drivel appended (changed my mind about what I wanted to say between sendings), sorry about that.

By Artemis on Tuesday, January 30, 2001 - 04:09 pm: Edit

I think I have it figured out. It's come to my attention that one of the servers in the chain I was trying to use is on the fritz.

Using different servers, I was successful mailing copies of both documents to myself today.

In the next day or so, I will have another crack at mailing the documents to those who asked for them.

By Grimbergen on Tuesday, January 30, 2001 - 01:54 pm: Edit

Artemis,

I can mail out my copy if you continue have problems.

By Artemis on Tuesday, January 30, 2001 - 10:05 am: Edit

Okay, Fluid.

Bob, yes, I got that email. Will respond when I get this other thing sorted out.

By Fluid on Tuesday, January 30, 2001 - 09:37 am: Edit

Hi Artemis,

"Me too"

thanks
Fluid

By Bob_Chong on Tuesday, January 30, 2001 - 08:57 am: Edit

Artemis:

Nothing rec'd here yet--just so you know.

Thanks for trying and I'll get it when I get it. Also, did you get my email I sent yesterday (about 2 p.m. est)?

BC

By Artemis on Tuesday, January 30, 2001 - 08:24 am: Edit

Tim, I'll get it straightened out over the next day or so - if I can't get it to work, I'll contact you for an alternate method.

Grim got his copy okay, so something went wrong between then and now. It's not unusual with the email method "Artemis" uses - secure, but subject to frustrating outages.

Pataphysician, thanks for the info.

By Timk on Tuesday, January 30, 2001 - 07:31 am: Edit

Sorry Artemis, it doesnt appear to have arrived : - ( thanks for trying though : - ) if you give me a means of contacting you i'll give you somewhere on the net to store it

Tim

By Pataphysician on Tuesday, January 30, 2001 - 07:07 am: Edit

If Phil owns the actual book and took his own pictures, and you did the translation, you guys have no one to answer to. You could even sell copies of it (even a facsimile) and not have to pay any royalties, copyright fees or anything else, to anybody.

By Artemis on Tuesday, January 30, 2001 - 06:57 am: Edit

Bob Chong & TimK, did you get email from me with your copies of requested files yet (0900 CST, January 30th as I write this)?

If not, something is definitely squirrely, because I sent them yesterday.

By Artemis on Tuesday, January 30, 2001 - 06:38 am: Edit

"Anything published before 1923 is Public Domain and you can copy it, pass it around, republish it, sell it, generally do whatever you want with it. The English translation is another matter. I assume the translator could claim copyright on that."

Interesting. Phil had raised the possibility to me of copyright issues, so I thought I would mention it as well.

Everyone who asked for copies of the files will get them, but my software is giving me some problems, so please be patient - I will send them when I get things straightened out.

By Black_Rabbit on Monday, January 29, 2001 - 03:26 pm: Edit

Me too :-)

By Pataphysician on Monday, January 29, 2001 - 03:21 pm: Edit

Anything published before 1923 is Public Domain and you can copy it, pass it around, republish it, sell it, generally do whatever you want with it. The English translation is another matter. I assume the translator could claim copyright on that. And the person who scanned the actual pages for the website could possibly claim rights on the photos, too. But the original text is free and clear.

By Bob_Chong on Monday, January 29, 2001 - 11:24 am: Edit

Artemis:

"Me, too."

Could you send me a Word copy, please? You have my email addy already. Thanks.

BC

By Timk on Monday, January 29, 2001 - 09:44 am: Edit

Thanks Artemis

Tim

By Artemis on Monday, January 29, 2001 - 05:58 am: Edit

Timk, Phil has graciously given me permission to provide the documents in MS Word form to whomever, as I see fit. I will email them to you.

I would advise caution as to publication of the stuff or anything like that; I have no idea what copyrights might be involved.

If anyone else wants them, just say "me too" here. It's a pain in the ass to download them and deal with them in HTML format.

If Phil decides to put them up on his site in a more download-friendly format (I have no idea if he plans this), then I won't email them anymore.

By Timk on Sunday, January 28, 2001 - 11:39 pm: Edit

http://www.frenchmanltd.com/final/test.htm
is what appears to be the english version url

Tim

By Grimbergen on Sunday, January 28, 2001 - 09:11 pm: Edit

the complete translation is up for the pernod catalogue, but the english version isn't up for the recipe book yet.

Grim

By Bob_Chong on Sunday, January 28, 2001 - 08:43 pm: Edit

TimK:

What's the URL for the English translation? When I hit the Brit flag, I get a 404 mssg.

Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place. Any help would be appreciated.

BC

By Timk on Sunday, January 28, 2001 - 03:17 pm: Edit

Hi, I dont know if I am posting a bit early, but relating to your previous posts, the English translation appears to be up now.
Would it be possible for, either you to e-mail me with the word document format translation, or Frenchman to put a copy up on his site - I have a temporary geocities picture store you could upload it to if you want to save the e-mailing to those of us who would like a more easily printable format : - )
Oh, and thx to yourself and Frenchman for providing us all with the resource - it sure beats translating the damn thing myself : - )

Tim

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page |Delete Conversation |Close Conversation |Move Conversation