New York Loses!

Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Archives Thru July 2001: Topics Archived Thru Feb 2001:New York Loses!
By Artemis on Monday, February 05, 2001 - 08:30 am: Edit

The team that beat the Giants, the Ravens, on the other hand, featured a player (voted player of the game or whatever they call it) who spent quite a few days in jail, charged with murder. Yes, he was ultimately let off, but he was at the scene of the murder, he did plead guilty to obstruction of justice, and he hasn't lifted a finger to identify the actual killers. Nobody else has been convicted, either. Somehow the prayer circle seems acceptable by comparison.

By Bjacques on Sunday, February 04, 2001 - 09:16 pm: Edit

I didn't see the game, but I'd been waiting for this for years.

Some years ago, the Giants beat the Bills (or Broncos?) by a field goal in the last 30 seconds of the game. No big deal, right? Well, just before the kick, the whole offensive squad knelt in a prayer circle. If there'd been a god, it would've been insulted because it was such an easy kick.

The wheels of divine justice grind slowly, but they grind exceedingly fine.

I've nothing against NYC; just jocks for Jesus. I grew up in Texas, so I got my fill of that, especially with the Cowboys .

Carl

By Greenhour on Monday, January 29, 2001 - 09:04 pm: Edit

I must admit, the game made the green, taste blue.
G

By Bob_Chong on Monday, January 29, 2001 - 08:31 pm: Edit

Actually, the Bengals lost by 4 pts and 5 pts., which does not an ass whipping make. But the Bengals blow, as a franchise, so who cares.

You were correct to bring up the Patriots: the Giants took a spanking nearly on par with the one the Bears laid down on the Pats in '86. At no point did the Pats, or Giants, have a chance to win.

BC

By Greenhour on Monday, January 29, 2001 - 08:20 pm: Edit

Ok Bob,
C'mon, why does a New York team losing equivicate a universal glory for you at all? Did you ever do time here? If we must discuss "ass whipping" how bout the Bills four super bowls, or the Patriots, or the Bengals?
And I in no way wonder why you hate NYC. What an easy target. Not very imaginative I must say, however you have every right to do so. And please be rest assured I do not sit and forlornly wonder why people have bad feelings for a city such as this, I do get out of here quite regularly.
As far as asking about allgiences, YOU STARTED IT!
Oh Why Oh why Bob, would you say all is right with the world?
G

By Bob_Chong on Monday, January 29, 2001 - 11:21 am: Edit

It isn't about a Balto victory but a full and complete beating of a NY team. At no point was the game ever close. An ass whipping for the ages. What's wrong with that?

As for the "universal glory," it exists when a NY team loses. Of course, it is ironic that you, being a NYer, typify your city's self-absorption, forlornly wondering why someone would dislike your football Giants.

BC

PS Asking someone to justify their sports allegiances is pretty silly, Greenhour (e.g., "What did a New York team ever do to you...?"). NYers love NY teams; the rest of usare allowed to hate them. No reason necessary.

By Greenhour on Monday, January 29, 2001 - 06:06 am: Edit

Ah yes, nothing like the universal glory of a team from Baltimore winning something. What did a New York team ever do to you Bob?

By Bob_Chong on Monday, January 29, 2001 - 05:19 am: Edit

Whenever a New York team loses in sports championship, all is right with the world. Last night, the Giants were spanked--SPANKED!--as soundly as any team has ever been in a championship game. It was great.

BC

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page |Delete Conversation |Close Conversation |Move Conversation