Anyone near Philly?

Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Archives Thru July 2001: Topics Archived Thru Feb 2001:Anyone near Philly?
By Loucheliver on Wednesday, February 14, 2001 - 03:09 pm: Edit

For any and all interested in the Pa Absinthe Alliance Confab, the date IS the 17th of March @ 5, in Allentown. Any questions or for directions, email me. Leprechauns versus fairies. Who will prevail?

By Loucheliver on Wednesday, February 14, 2001 - 03:04 pm: Edit

Please do! Spouse is of course invited. Plus another friend of the fairy or 2 if you wish. This is coming together quite nicely. I've already sent directions to a few people.

By Fluid on Wednesday, February 14, 2001 - 07:41 am: Edit

Oooops, I was informed last night that my better half had already obligated us to a pub crawl on the 17th... am working on shifting that now.

By Loucheliver on Monday, February 12, 2001 - 11:29 am: Edit

Mr. Wormwood,
Nothing has been absolutely nailed down yet, but it looks like the get together will be here in Allentown on the 17th of March. Sound OK to you?

By Wormwood on Monday, February 12, 2001 - 11:13 am: Edit

I live near philly. Please send me directions to the party.

By Loucheliver on Sunday, February 11, 2001 - 08:14 pm: Edit

Whenever my man. The sooner the better, though.
Anyone who wants directions, email me. Let's say it is a done deal, if that is cool w/everyone else.
Damn, this is great if it comes off!
NOLA north.

By Fluid on Sunday, February 11, 2001 - 08:08 pm: Edit

It looks good, but I can't give a definite yet.

By Loucheliver on Sunday, February 11, 2001 - 04:48 pm: Edit

That's 3 of us. Fluid, Yvonne? Let's at least get a quorum.

By Black_Rabbit on Sunday, February 11, 2001 - 01:34 pm: Edit

It's OK with The Rabbit.

By Loucheliver on Saturday, February 10, 2001 - 06:37 pm: Edit

The other Allentonian is likely in. Is the 17th of March good for any, or some? Let the leprechauns and fairies have at it. I humbly submit my abode as the venue, here 14 floors above the lovely Lehigh Valley.

The Liver

By Loucheliver on Friday, February 09, 2001 - 06:46 pm: Edit

I'm tied to the workplace the weekend of the 24th, but any other weekend is fine by me. Celebrating the equinox sounds like a great idea though, Fluid! Curse my assistant for daring to have a damn life and going on vacation.

The Liver

By Fluid on Friday, February 09, 2001 - 12:12 pm: Edit

I've already been planning a Spring Party for Saturday March 24th... am more than happy to expand the celebration (what better way to celebrate the equinox than with green fairies??).

If y'all would like to have a get-together sooner, I'd be up for that as well.

Fluid

By Yvonne on Friday, February 09, 2001 - 12:02 pm: Edit

Hello all!

Rabbit, if everyone can decide on a date then I can hang.

Yvonne

By Loucheliver on Thursday, February 08, 2001 - 06:34 pm: Edit

There is another one here in Atown I had been in contact with. I haven't heard from them in a while, but I'll drop an email off to them now.

By Black_Rabbit on Thursday, February 08, 2001 - 05:58 pm: Edit

March is fine with me...

There is one other habituee here in PA that will probably come... usually works weekends though, so we have to pick a time far enough in advance that she can get the day off.

By Loucheliver on Thursday, February 08, 2001 - 05:33 pm: Edit

Mid March works for me, preferably on a Sat., can't do anything the last weekend though.
Nope, no La Fee here, unfortunately, just La Bleue, Deva, and Serpis to slurpis. Could try to get something else special if we are getting together for sure. Don't know what, but something. Maybe another La Bleue.
Justin, your stuff is subtle, but of course more complex the Spansinthes. I really enjoy it, and the other fun stuff that happens w/it is darn enjoyable too (beware Fluid, you've set your sites low.)
Is there just us 3 in Pa? How about anyone in W. Jersey?

By Fluid on Thursday, February 08, 2001 - 02:13 pm: Edit

Its all good to me... after all the hoopla and debunking ad nauseum on this forum regarding thujone, I don't care if it has any at all so long as I get those magical effects... heh heh heh

Of course, in order for me to qualify your Bleue as "good", I'll have to experience walls breathing and changing color, vivid DVD-type visuals of dancing fairies and imps, a sudden clarity of self beyond Buddha and aphrodisia causing a 3-hour erection.   I mean, if I don't get all that, then what's the point?

stay posted...

By Chrysippvs on Thursday, February 08, 2001 - 02:00 pm: Edit

that is what I am told...I think it may not be thujone as much as it is some almost alchemical calculation based on absinthium content. Which is supposed to be higher than normal hence it not being the normal 50% like most la bleue...

By Fluid on Thursday, February 08, 2001 - 01:56 pm: Edit

Apologies Justin,

After the serious ralphing experience on my birthday with Deva, I've taken a short excused absence from absinthe... your Bleue is sitting patiently on my absinthe shelf   (I almost went for it the other night but chose to wait until I have company).   If my better half gets her homework done early enough tonight, we'll uncork it and sip it in the hot tub.     ahhhh

Of course, I'll have to post a review (does it really have 60mg? - hah!)

Fluid

By Chrysippvs on Thursday, February 08, 2001 - 01:44 pm: Edit

from those that have tried my la bleue what do you think? I am always curious.

By Fluid on Thursday, February 08, 2001 - 01:12 pm: Edit

Anyone have La Fée?

By Fluid on Thursday, February 08, 2001 - 10:37 am: Edit

Harrisburg would be a hike for me that weekend.   Y'all have fun.   I think March will work though.   Allentown chez Loucheliver or Philly chez moi?   Or Harrisburg?

Fluid   (still haven't touched the BEI)

By Martin on Thursday, February 08, 2001 - 10:30 am: Edit

I mean February (next week!..gahh I'm not even ready yet!). Getting together for a drink would be cool. I'm going to be at a bunch of clubs for the music conference thing, so I'm sure there will be someplace we can meet up. Email me so we might work out the details.

Cool.

-Martin

By Black_Rabbit on Wednesday, February 07, 2001 - 07:18 am: Edit

Martin, did you mean February 15-18 or March?

If March, that sounds like a good weekend to me- how bout everyone else?

If February, we should get together for a drink in any case :-)

By Loucheliver on Tuesday, February 06, 2001 - 03:50 pm: Edit

Hey, the 17th is St. Patrick's! Nice 1-2 punch, combo platter, reason to imbibe with the tribe. As if 2 reasons, or even 1 are really needed. From here in Allentown, Philly or Harrisburg will work. Or, if there are more folks in this neck of the woods, I could be the host w/the most.

By Martin on Tuesday, February 06, 2001 - 02:47 pm: Edit

I'm going to be in Harrisburg from the 15th thru the 18th at a big music conference thing.

-Martin

By Fluid on Tuesday, February 06, 2001 - 08:53 am: Edit

ahhh...

Maybe a weekend in March would be good?

Party like it's 1899!

By Black_Rabbit on Tuesday, February 06, 2001 - 08:15 am: Edit

I'm over in Harrisburg... local enough :-)

I know of a couple people who come here once in a great while in the same general area too...

By Fluid on Tuesday, February 06, 2001 - 05:03 am: Edit

Hey Loucheliver,

Maybe next time, your post came a little late for last night...   I didn't touch it, my BEI is still sealed.

Any more Philly absinthe drinkers here in the forum?   Please chime in - it ain't NOLA but we could host a lower-tier tasting event...

Fluid

By Loucheliver on Tuesday, February 06, 2001 - 02:27 am: Edit

No 4x4, but I'll lash the Huskies together for a mush down 476. I'll bring my own 3/4 full bottle of BEI Bleue to make it worth while. Meet you at the tollbooth.

By Fluid on Monday, February 05, 2001 - 02:54 pm: Edit

Gotta a BEI Bleue to uncork tonight....  plans miffed due to unexpected snow storm.  Live near?  Gotta 4x4?  C'mon over.

Fluid

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page |Delete Conversation |Close Conversation |Move Conversation