Jade Liqueur's Absinthe(s)

Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Archives Thru July 2001: Topics Archived Thru Feb 2001:Jade Liqueur's Absinthe(s)
By Don_Walsh on Thursday, February 08, 2001 - 09:41 am: Edit

Well, we WON that election and ARE the new Thai government but wading through the bureaucracy is still like swimming in molasses.

By Tcsmit on Thursday, February 08, 2001 - 09:36 am: Edit

"However, having made one overly optimistic estimate for release date I am not very likely to make another one until release is iminent."

It seems like a case of that damned Murphy showing up again. I certainly appreciate the hard work that you and Ted have put into this Don. I will gladly give a toast to you two when I have my glass filled with Jade absinthe. Till then I will continue to drink my Deva and that other wondrous green drink, Mountain Dew. Haha.

By Don_Walsh on Wednesday, February 07, 2001 - 07:05 pm: Edit

The bureaucratic process required to get up and running legally, as opposed to in fact, is more complex than anticipated. It is manageable, but time consuming. All of the paperwork is in Thai, and we must rely on other people to prepare it, and sometimes more than one try is required to get it right. At least six government offices are involved. Add to this a recent election and a change of governments taking place NOW and you can imagine the 'asian fire drill' going on. Depite this we have made significant headway. We have a registered corporation, a tax ID number, a company bank account (opened 24 hrs ago), and I and several other people plus a bevy of lawyers are chewing on everything else we need. It is not an infinite list. However, having made one overly optimistic estimate for release date I am not very likely to make another one until release is iminent.

So pls be patient and we will keep you all informed.

Our actual ability to make and ship is running way ahead of our legal ability to take orders, accept payments and so on, that is all. It really is just bureaucracy.

By Rimbaud on Wednesday, February 07, 2001 - 11:33 am: Edit

Hey Kallisti! *waves back* I've always been here...just lurking a bit lately. The site looks better than ever! Love the new main page design!

~21st Century Rimbaud

By Admin on Wednesday, February 07, 2001 - 09:46 am: Edit

Oooo, Rimbaud! It's nice to see you again!!!

Don't have anything to say really, just that I get warm fuzzy feelings from seeing the ole folk pop in.

Hi! *waves*

By Rimbaud on Wednesday, February 07, 2001 - 09:23 am: Edit

So what's the latest update on when the new products will be available? The last I heard was end of January, but I assume there's some sort of delay. Ted? Don? Anything to report? We're all very anxious, as I'm sure you know...

~21st Century Rimbaud

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page |Delete Conversation |Close Conversation |Move Conversation