Zippo Lighters

Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Archives Thru July 2001: Topics Archived Thru Feb 2001:Zippo Lighters
By Loucheliver on Thursday, February 08, 2001 - 05:52 pm: Edit

I emailed the wonderful Cristina @ SC about La Fee and her response was "it is almost impossible to get, hence we won't be carrying it."
What the "almost" means, she didn't say.

By Fluid on Thursday, February 08, 2001 - 03:35 pm: Edit

Hey Kallisti,

Any thoughts on your t-shirts yet?   If it's still about $, I'm sure that more than a few of us would prepay.   Also, I have a friend who gets shirts printed for a club here - she may be a good source if you're lookin'.

Fluid

By Admin on Thursday, February 08, 2001 - 03:20 pm: Edit

But isn't Green Bohemia wholesaling? What is the diff between wholesaling to liquor stores and to online retail outlets?

I could, of course, just ask them.

By Fluid on Thursday, February 08, 2001 - 03:09 pm: Edit

Aaaaach, yeah, now I remember reading that somewhere.   Seems a little short-sighted.   Doesn't Mme. Delahaye know about us?

Perhaps a kind UK drinker would make a trade...   hmmmmmmmm

Fluid

ps. "distrubator" - sounds a little "self-serving" hah!

By Chrysippvs on Thursday, February 08, 2001 - 02:59 pm: Edit

It is being made only for one distrubator, that being Greeh Bohemia ie. www.eabsinthe.com.

So they can't get it.

I wish they could carry oxygenee and pontarlier anis. It is great stuff...

By Fluid on Thursday, February 08, 2001 - 02:50 pm: Edit

Does anyone know why sc doesn't carry La Fée? ...something more detailed than "they can't get it" would be much appreciated...

By Artemis on Thursday, February 08, 2001 - 09:22 am: Edit

Don, I don't have a clue about La Fee. I'm baffled as to why somebody would go to the trouble of making the stuff and make no effort to market it to a growing market.

I'm baffled as to why A-B wouldn't make at least a decent (made with barley and real hops) but low-cost beer and try to market it to the growing number of fans of good beer. For whatever reason, they prefer to buy out or form relationships with quality small breweries, such as they did with Redhook in Washington State, and let those beers stand as their "premium" products. But they didn't get to be the number one seller of beer in the world by not knowing what to sell, so obviously they've got it right, even if I don't like their beer.

By Don_Walsh on Thursday, February 08, 2001 - 09:11 am: Edit

Art, you don't mean to suggest that La Fee is an un-product like that do you?

That GB makes it in token quantities and only pretends to market it?

I would be surprised and disappointed if that were true; I don't think it is.

By Artemis on Thursday, February 08, 2001 - 09:04 am: Edit

"Suppose the guys who market Bud offered a really
good beer cheaper than Bud. They know how to sell beer. Why would it flop?"

I don't know the answer, but in fact Anheuser-Busch *has* offered really good beers, many times. Periodically they will release a "specialty" product, much superior to their run of the mill, corn-syrup based watery beer.

I recall one called "Faustus" or some such, they even replicated a turn of the century label for it. But they have always made these "specialties" in limited quantities and offered them in limited markets, with no advertising to speak of, at least none that I ever saw. I only heard about the stuff through all the beer publications I used to read. It's almost like they do it just to prove they can do it, which of course they can.

By Don_Walsh on Thursday, February 08, 2001 - 03:31 am: Edit

Bob, that doesn't answer the question. Suppose the guys who market Bud offered a really good beer cheaper than Bud. They know how to sell beer. Why would it flop? And we are not talking an old established brand vs a new one. Hills has what, 5 years on the market, or less, not 50. Are the Green Meanies not trying to sell la Fee?

Or has the UK absinthe market hit the skids?

That's the question.

(I do not wish for the UK market to have flattened or declined. Nor do I bear any ill will toward GB or La Fee. I like la Fee!)

By Bob_Chong on Thursday, February 08, 2001 - 12:33 am: Edit

The same reason swill like Bud and Bud Light outsell all the good beer of the world combined.

BC

By Don_Walsh on Wednesday, February 07, 2001 - 10:35 pm: Edit

The real question is, why did they succeed with Swill's when as far an anyone can discern, they have flopped with La Fee, the much better product at a slightly lower price? They seem to have had a real desire to get out from under the opprobrium Hills's rightly brought them, so why haven't they had any luck?

By Chrysippvs on Wednesday, February 07, 2001 - 03:35 pm: Edit

For some reason I feel sorry for La Fee...why is a good absinthe being marketed by these people...

By Admin on Wednesday, February 07, 2001 - 03:27 pm: Edit

The guy making the lighters is a very nice man. Traded a couple emails with him a few months ago. But I dropped the ball at some point.

I like the la Fee eye shirt, pretty groovy. Except it only comes in med & large, which leaves those of us with [making hand gesture] huge tracks of land outa the picture, so to speak.

By Fluid on Wednesday, February 07, 2001 - 01:17 pm: Edit

They also have 'em at La Boheme for US $52. Yikes.

Check out the new shirt from La Fee for £12.00: La Fee shirt

By Artemis on Wednesday, February 07, 2001 - 01:01 pm: Edit

With Green Fairy motifs, at Spirits Corner.

Can the cover of Newsweek be far behind?

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page |Delete Conversation |Close Conversation |Move Conversation