Need new source fast

Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Archives Thru July 2001: Topics Archived Thru Feb 2001:Need new source fast
By Petermarc on Thursday, February 08, 2001 - 10:24 am: Edit

ouch...

By Artemis on Thursday, February 08, 2001 - 09:43 am: Edit

Add a high-dollar French sugar cube to that mystery drink, and you've got ....

A Sweet n' L'eau ...

By Fluid on Thursday, February 08, 2001 - 09:41 am: Edit

When I lived in Paris "Champagne Americaine" was a running joke... gotta good laugh out of that scene in European Vacation. Hah!

By Petermarc on Thursday, February 08, 2001 - 09:38 am: Edit

my wife and i were in a crêperie sitting next to two american women...the waiter asked them if they wanted an apéritif, they looked at our glasses and said, 'we want one of those french drinks,you know, like what they're having... what are you drinking?' my wife replied 'l'eau'
'yeah! that's what we want--a 'low'!' the waiter replied, 'but, may-dam, zat eez wah-tear...'
i guess you had to be there...

By Artemis on Thursday, February 08, 2001 - 09:28 am: Edit

I saw a Chevy Chase movie wherein the code word for Coca Cola was "Champagne Americain". Only Chevy didn't know it. The waiter insulted his wife and daughter too, while Chevy smiled cluelessly.

By Petermarc on Thursday, February 08, 2001 - 08:45 am: Edit

ha! i guess we'll have to talk...
and the code word is 'ricard' and you get a pastis...

By Chrysippvs on Thursday, February 08, 2001 - 08:42 am: Edit

yeah it ranged from town to town...just put an absinthe spoon on the table and they will probably get the hint...

By Fluid on Thursday, February 08, 2001 - 08:37 am: Edit

I still believe that the code word in cafés down south is "sucré"...

damn I wanna travel

By Chrysippvs on Thursday, February 08, 2001 - 08:27 am: Edit

You may want to take weekend trip to the Jura or the Val-de-Travers and see what you can dig up. There usually if you can get to know someone it is only around 30 bucks a liter...Keep keep it on the DL...

By Ekmass on Thursday, February 08, 2001 - 07:37 am: Edit

Hello folks, I just moved from DC to Paris and I need a new source for La Bleue. Used to order from BEI but have a feeling they won't ship to US just to turn around and send it back to France. Anyone know of another place? To avoid hassles I am willing to buy in bulk. Thanks
EM

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page |Delete Conversation |Close Conversation |Move Conversation