Chrysippvs Review of La Cressonnee Pastis

Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Archives Thru July 2001: Topics Archived Thru Feb 2001:Chrysippvs Review of La Cressonnee Pastis
By Chrysippvs on Thursday, February 08, 2001 - 01:39 pm: Edit

I am taking mine...I am not sure if I will publish them on the forum but I may them on my site and password protect the directory and let only forum memebers see them or something to that effect...

By Bob_Chong on Thursday, February 08, 2001 - 01:34 pm: Edit

I wish I could come but it's at a bad time. I teach and am trying to write a dissertation. Hopping on a plane, headin' to the Big Greasy, and engaging in an absinthe bacchanalia is pretty much out of the question right now. (Can you tell I'm married? ;-))

I hope someone brings a digital camera, though, so the rest of us can share vicariously and after the fact.

BC

By Chrysippvs on Thursday, February 08, 2001 - 01:31 pm: Edit

I agree....I just like those popup windows...I think they are cute.

BTW bob are you comming to NOLA for the absinthe orgy...errr tasting?

By Bob_Chong on Thursday, February 08, 2001 - 01:29 pm: Edit

What's wrong with the formatting already given, J?

Click here for an example:
A Glass From Your Site, Daddy-o!

See? Not so bad.

BC

By Chrysippvs on Thursday, February 08, 2001 - 01:14 pm: Edit

I wish this forum would compile JAVA and I would just make a hyperlink to a nice popup window so it would be no strain at all....

By Admin on Thursday, February 08, 2001 - 12:50 pm: Edit

I like seeing the pretty pictures up, but if you upload them as an "attachment" it still puts them on my server except they are a link instead of loading everytime someone accesses the page.

This would be good for large or multiple images!

You are very thoughtful and kind! Thanks for the reviews ... will prolly add them after nola trip as I am leaving on Tuesday, unless I get bored over the weekend. heh.

By Chrysippvs on Thursday, February 08, 2001 - 12:07 pm: Edit

Got this one to from Ted, I will take it as an early B-day present :)

Very nice bottle, love the little cafe scene.

The aroma is very sweet, and of course, so is the flavor. Being a little more reddish than the Duval pastis, this pastis is a little more heavy on the palate. It also has a taste that I can't pin down, perhaps it is the watercress. I wouldn't know as I have never tasted watercress.

Again much more textured than most pastis that are popular commercially. I would drink it from time to time. Again I feel the flavor is better than most Spanish absinthes.

I know it seems like I knock Spanish absinthe a lot, but even as pastis it would fall short. The flavors in Deva, Mari Mayans, Montana etc are so monochromatic that most pastis I have had is much better in flavor and texture overall.

A nice bottle for the shelf, especially considering how much la cressonnee stuff floats around.

pics for the buyers guide and for your enjoyment.

label
bottle
color
louche

Again K. take them down if they are costing too much money!.

Take care-

J

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page |Delete Conversation |Close Conversation |Move Conversation