Absinthe in Amsterdam?

Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Archives Thru July 2001: Topics Archived Thru Feb 2001:Absinthe in Amsterdam?
By Tabreaux on Wednesday, February 21, 2001 - 12:11 pm: Edit

Like the term "wormwood", use of the term "hemp" is potentially misleading, not always referring to what you might expect. Marijuana is a type of hemp. Another type of hemp (Kenaf) is cultivated in the U.S. for its fiber content. This plant is a very close relative of marijuana (it is Cannabis something or another), but is free of THC. Obviously, this hemp plant is no more marijuana than southernwood or A. vulgaris is absinthium.

By Pataphysician on Wednesday, February 21, 2001 - 10:17 am: Edit

'I have heard them referred to as "headache weed". I have no personal experience with them.'

I have personal experience, and yes, "headache weed" describes it perfectly. I think nearly every Midwest teenager has tried it -- once. There may be a very small amount of THC, but matter how much you smoke it, bake it, or whatever, you'll never produce a high.

By Artemis on Wednesday, February 21, 2001 - 09:17 am: Edit

"Perhaps all these THC-free Hemp plants growing wild in the USA are male plants."

No. There are both male and female, otherwise there would be no seed (reproduction) and they could not spread. I doubt they are THC-free, my guess is they just don't contain enough to make them useful for smoking. I have heard them referred to as "headache weed". I have no personal experience with them.

"Fly Agaric as a 'magic mushroom', is psilocybin the active ingredient in it?)"

No. The Fly Agaric is Amanita Muscaria. Red cap with white flakes. No psilocybin. Totally different chemicals. Muscarine or musca-something if I remember correctly. Meeska mooska mouse-ka-teer.

By Lordhobgoblin on Wednesday, February 21, 2001 - 08:52 am: Edit

There is a company in Holland that produce Hemp wine which they claim is THC free. Its legal in the UK as a result, and having drank a few bottles of this it definitely is THC free, (it tastes great, sweet and cannabisy).

On their blurb they say that they grow only male plants so there is no active ingredients in their Hemp. Its always baffled me how they could grow male Hemp plants without female plants, unless of course they grew their plants from cuttings.

Perhaps someone on the forum who is into horticulture would have an idea how they do it. Perhaps all these THC-free Hemp plants growing wild in the USA are male plants.

Hobgoblin

(As well the Liberty Cap, some people (a bit unwisely) eat the Fly Agaric as a 'magic mushroom', is psilocybin the active ingredient in it?)

By Fluid on Wednesday, February 21, 2001 - 08:02 am: Edit

I don't think it is true anymore.   With breeding and modern cultivation techniques, cannabis strains have been bred for specific uses.

I was talking history, ie, you can't get a bloodhound from a poodle, but they are still both dogs.

Fluid

By Pataphysician on Wednesday, February 21, 2001 - 07:56 am: Edit

Artemis:

I was refuting Fluid's assertion that with proper cultivation you could get a smokable pot from wild/industrial hemp. I don't think that's true.

By Artemis on Wednesday, February 21, 2001 - 07:35 am: Edit

You don't have to take my word for it:

http://www.faqs.org/faqs/drugs/hemp-marijuana/

and for our German friends:

http://www.dhm.de/museen/hanf/

By Artemis on Wednesday, February 21, 2001 - 07:26 am: Edit

"I don't know the botany on it, but I'm sure that smokable pot"

Cannabis Indica

"and industrial hemp"

Cannabis Sativa. Hemp IS Cannabis Sativa. Hemp is used to make twine, rope, clothing, paper, and many other products. The wild hemp to which you refer, if you're talking about the U.S., has escaped from its once-cultivated confines and prospered with no one tending it. I think I pointed out that it's not good for smoking.

By Tavis on Wednesday, February 21, 2001 - 07:07 am: Edit

"Don't know what kind of fungi you have in the UK, but in the U.S., with the mushroom most commonly known as "magic" (Psilocybe Cubensis, also known as Stropharia Cubensis), there's no "maybe" about it. The active ingredients are psilocybin and psilocin, both with exactly the same effects as LSD. One mushroom is enough."

What I meant to say was 'hallucinogenic trip' then. 20-30 mushrooms in tea just made me euphoric and giggly for hours, more triggered a mild trip, and my guess is that even more would have had me crawling on the ceiling, if I'd gone that far...

By Pataphysician on Wednesday, February 21, 2001 - 07:02 am: Edit

No, I don't think hemp IS cannabis, in the way you're thinking. Speaking from personal experience, having grown up in an area where wild hemp is VERY, VERY abundant, I can tell you that no matter how you cultivate it, that stuff will never be pot. More accurately, I don't think it was *wild* hemp in my area. I believe it was imported there as a cash crop, for making twine.

I don't know the botany on it, but I'm sure that smokable pot and industrial hemp are very different strains.

By Artemis on Wednesday, February 21, 2001 - 06:59 am: Edit

"if you take enough mushrooms you can go on a trip,"

Don't know what kind of fungi you have in the UK, but in the U.S., with the mushroom most commonly known as "magic" (Psilocybe Cubensis, also known as Stropharia Cubensis), there's no "maybe" about it. The active ingredients are psilocybin and psilocin, both with exactly the same effects as LSD. One mushroom is enough.

"Hemp and ditchweed still grow wild over most of the US. These relatives of cannabis are impossible to tell from the real thing unless you smoke them or do genetic testing."

They *are* the "real thing", Cannabis Sativa. Hemp and Cannabis Sativa are the same thing. In rural Nebraska, it grows everywhere. I have photographs of a billboard, eight feet high by ten feet wide more or less, welcoming visitors to a small town in Nebraska (I know the name of the town but I'm not going to mention it). At the height of summer, the cannabis plants were as tall as the billboard and almost obscured it! In the same area, a plant with colas as big as your arm grew happily next to a rural mailbox by the side of the road all summer. I smiled every time I drove by it. I'm told that these plants, gone to seed from the days when rope was made from hemp, have little to no psychoactive properties. But if the Nebraska State Police see you cutting any, you're going to jail all the same.

By Fluid on Wednesday, February 21, 2001 - 05:20 am: Edit

"These relatives of cannabis..."

I remember from my college days that hemp is cannabis.   The "difference" is only in the cultivation; grown tall, the stalks become strong enough for rope, cloth, etc while the plant buds very little.   When clipped to grow bushy, the buds/flowers grow larger, and that's what people do when they want to smoke it.

Somewhere there's a letter from Thomas Jefferson to George Washington on how to grow hemp so that the "fragrant and tasty flowers produce a most enjoyable smoke"... well, it's not word-for-word but it is pretty close.

While looking for the actual quote I found this site: History of Cannabis Hemp.

By Wormwood on Wednesday, February 21, 2001 - 04:47 am: Edit

> Wormwood, Yes but where do you draw the line?

I don't "draw the lines" that job belongs to someone with a gun and a badge.

>If magic mushrooms suddenly start growing on your lawn are you breaking the law?

Probably not.

>If you say, gosh those strange looking mushrooms growing on my lawn, I wonder what they are, they look edible and nice and tasty, I'll just make an ommlette from them.

Your stupid, probably you suffer the same fate as someone who plays russian roulette for fun. There are probably many more toxic mushrooms out there than intoxicating ones.

> How can any law legislate against naturally growing indigenous plants? This is quite different from introducing and cultivating non-indigenous plants.

Ask a lawyer about that one, or someone in jail for doing it. I have never heard of anyone going free because the mushrooms or weed they were busted with was "free range".

>Coca plants and Cannabis plants are not natural indigenous plants and their cultivation is illegal.

George Washington made everyone in the country grow the hemp when they needed it for the war effort. Hemp and ditchweed still grow wild over most of the US. These relatives of cannabis are impossible to tell from the real thing unless you smoke them or do genetic testing. It's a dirty little secret of the "drug war" how much of the illegal crop destroyed each year really is weed.

By Tavis on Wednesday, February 21, 2001 - 04:10 am: Edit

Absolutely, my mushroom days are over anyway. Gone are the days when we (the amateurs) could go out into the fields of Lancaster University and pick a couple of hundred AFTER the fields had been harvested by the 'pros'. I got paranoid one day and threw the mushrooms away that I had drying in my room, and that was that.

By Lordhobgoblin on Wednesday, February 21, 2001 - 03:42 am: Edit

Oh well Tavis, I doubt that either of us is more than 65% sure of this. In any case we'd best stick to drinking Deva where we know we're 100% legal. Better to be a square in these matters than end up in the dock.

Hobgoblin

By Lordhobgoblin on Wednesday, February 21, 2001 - 03:40 am: Edit

Double post, see above.

By Tavis on Wednesday, February 21, 2001 - 12:17 am: Edit

Well, all the 'helpful' drug info I received from the student union on entering Uni all those years ago stated that they were class A when dried or processed in any way. Then again acid is Class A too, and if you take enough mushrooms you can go on a trip, so it more or less makes sense I think.

By Lordhobgoblin on Tuesday, February 20, 2001 - 01:10 pm: Edit

Don't worry Bob I know my mushrooms ;-), as they say all things in moderation.

Tavis, true magic mushrooms, (I'm talking really about the Liberty Cap) are legal to eat fresh in the UK. But are magic mushrooms categorised as Class A when dried or processed? What substance in the mushrooms has been proscribed as Class A? I'm not sure that they are as illegal as that, more of a grey area.

Hobgoblin

By Bob_Chong on Tuesday, February 20, 2001 - 09:38 am: Edit

If you say, gosh those strange looking mushrooms growing on my lawn, I wonder what they are, they look edible and nice and tasty, I'll just make an ommlette from them.

If you say and do that, then you are undoubtedly a complete idiot and begging for a trip to the hospital and possibly the morgue. Never eat ANY mushroom that has not been identified, with certainty, first.

BC

By Tavis on Tuesday, February 20, 2001 - 06:53 am: Edit

I understood it that eating fresh magic mushrooms was legal in the UK, apparently they make you vomit anyway. Processing them in any way (making tea, drying) then makes them a Class A drug, presumably Class A because the dose is difficult to control?

By Lordhobgoblin on Tuesday, February 20, 2001 - 06:28 am: Edit

Wormwood

Yes but where do you draw the line?

If magic mushrooms suddenly start growing on your lawn are you breaking the law?

If you pick them up to remove them when tidying your lawn are you guilty of possession?

If you say, gosh those strange looking mushrooms growing on my lawn, I wonder what they are, they look edible and nice and tasty, I'll just make an ommlette from them.

How can any law legislate against naturally growing indigenous plants? This is quite different from introducing and cultivating non-indigenous plants.

As far as the UK is concerned my understanding is that magic mushrooms and their consumption when fresh is not illegal. Drying them for consumption however is a legally grey area.

Coca plants and Cannabis plants are not natural indigenous plants and their cultivation is illegal. Opium poppies however can be grown quite legally in the UK, they look very attractive in the garden, however using their pods to produce opium is very illegal.

Hobgoblin

By Wormwood on Tuesday, February 20, 2001 - 06:12 am: Edit

Most drugs come from natural substances. Ergot fungus (a source of LSD), coca leaves, opium poppies, various cacti, mushrooms, marajauana plants, the list goes on and on.

If plant derived substances were exempt from drug laws there would be almost no drug laws.

By _Blackjack on Monday, February 19, 2001 - 11:46 am: Edit

Quote:

As for magic mushrooms, how can they be illegal anyway when if you're that way inclined all you need do is walk into a field in late summer/autumn and pick them. They're indigenous fungi.

What, you want logic from drug laws? In the US, most drug laws originated as a pretense to harrass specific racial or ethnic groups or, in the case of LSD, "dangerous" political movements. Now we've got the idea of "drugs=bad" so deeply ingrained in our skulls that we end up banning potentially usefull medications (MDMA, GHB, Ibogaine) on the grounds that someone might, y'know, ENJOY them.

I remember once hearing a woman in a cigar store asking if Cuban cigars had marijuana in them, because she was so brainwashed with anti-drug hysteria that she assumed that if they were banned, it must be because of drugs...

By Lordhobgoblin on Monday, February 19, 2001 - 11:31 am: Edit

Better to be a moderate extremist than an extreme moderate. But is it better to be a moderate extremist than a moderate moderate?

By Heiko on Monday, February 19, 2001 - 10:31 am: Edit

Does it make any sense to say I'm extreme for someone who is moderate? But not extreme enough to be called extreme? LOL - funny, a moderate extremist...
Whatever, I don't fit into any group - maybe that's true for everybody, maybe it's just an underconscious wish, maybe it's manifest destiny.
...and I object that Absinthe has any effects on me.
As well as I'm dead-serious.
Never mind, it's monday and the weekend's just begun ;-)

By Lordhobgoblin on Monday, February 19, 2001 - 09:41 am: Edit

Heiko,

All things in moderation, especially moderation.

Hobgoblin

By Heiko on Monday, February 19, 2001 - 08:13 am: Edit

Hobgoblin,
better put a smiley under your statement, otherwise too many people won't see it's ironic
(well, I hope it is ;-))

Moderation is the only reason why I'm still alive (nah, maybe I'm overdoing it a bit). It was also a good life insurance for me never to trust anybody how much of something I should drink/eat/smoke the first time - always divided the recommended amount by four and started slowly, then steadily increased to excessive amounts, until I saw the clear limit ;-)

By Lordhobgoblin on Monday, February 19, 2001 - 07:58 am: Edit

Heiko,

But Absinthe must be dangerous otherwise the nice liberal Dutch authorities wouldn't forbid it. Its only the really dangerous drugs like Absinthe that you can't buy legally in Amsterdam. Don't you know Van Gogh cut his ear off because he was tripping on Absinthe, and then there were the Absinthe Murderers. Surely you can't expect the Amsterdam authorities to permit deviants such as Absinthe drinkers to reside in their city.

As to mushrooms, all things in moderation.

Hobgoblin

By Heiko on Monday, February 19, 2001 - 06:31 am: Edit

Hobgoblin, you wrote:
"As for magic mushrooms, how can they be illegal anyway when if you're that way inclined all you need do is walk into a field in late summer/autumn and pick them. They're indigenous fungi."

Well, generally I believe no plant can be illegal - but shrooms are really dangerous if someone just eats them because he thinks "it's sold in a store, so it can't be too bad..." There's no cultural background around it, most people don't know a thing about it, and the kids just eat them for fun. In my opinion it is ok for a grown up who wants to have this experience and really knows what he is going to do - even then he might suffer a psychosis if his psyche is not ready for it. And unfortunately there's a lot of dummies out there who will tell you there's not at all any danger and tell you to eat 5g - either they never had real strong ones or they are not sensitive to the effects (because they're just idiots, the less the IQ, the less sensitive). Believe me, I have seen the frontier to the unbearable horror come closer and closer, and I'm glad I didn't cross it. I think different about "it's 'only' psychologically dangerous" now. Your psyche is all you are and do and have - better not mess around with it.

This is why I definitely know what I'm talking about when I say: Absinthe will NOT drive you mad, it is NOT psychedelic, and NOT dangerous - that's why I like it, now that I'm wise and old (well, kind of ;-)).

For the dummies out there on the web (not you on the forum!): SHROOMS HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH ABSINTHE!! NOTHING! NEVER HAD AND NEVER WILL! THE EFFECTS ARE NOT AT ALL SIMILAR, BECAUSE ABSINTHE HAS NO SUCH EFFECTS!

I hope that avoids any confusion...you never know.

By Lordhobgoblin on Monday, February 19, 2001 - 04:58 am: Edit

Bjacques,

You're right about 'New Labour' stealing the Tories agenda in the UK, they've done this on all sorts of things. Blair is never one to let such irrelevances as principles stand in the way of power.

Absinthe is not just 'legalish' here in the UK its entirely legal, its never been banned. Its just not very popular, hence not many bars or off-licences stock it.

Hobgoblin

By Bjacques on Monday, February 19, 2001 - 02:01 am: Edit

In Europe, I think they simply have pharmacies carry all medical drugs. This is true in NL, BE and ES (Spain). You can get aspirin in Spain, but not in NL (they sell Paracetamol instead).

The drug laws in the EU seem to be improving lately. Belgium allowed (or at least decriminalized) the use, sale and cultivation of marijuana for recreational use. That's even better than NL, which still forbids growing and wholesaling, though the parliamentary debate goes on. (This could change if the current Labor Party/Business Democrats "Purple" coalition is replaced by a Labor Party/Green-Left "Beige?" one). Shrooms & Salvia divinorum are sold in "Smartshops." XTC and other designer drugs are classified as hard drugs. I think LSD is too, but nobody seems to use it here, probably because it's not a club drug. The environmentalists hate XTC because its byproducts are highly toxic and are routinely dumped into the marshes.

France has a harsh drugs policy. A policeman acquaintance of a friend says the government really doesn't care about drugs, but the drug trade keeps the crooks where the cops can see 'em. Anyway, France is always leaning on the NL to stop drug tourism. This could change if the next elections sweep the center-rightists from power.

In Germany, it's largely up to the individual state. Schleswig-Holstein (capital Hamburg) is lenient on marijuana, while Bavaria (capital Munich) takes a hard line.

England is as bad as the U.S., its New Labour having finessed the Tories by stealing its "tough on crime (and drugs)" agenda. Absinthe is supposed to be legal(ish) there. When it was trendy last year, artist Damien Hirst was regularly getting drunk on the stuff at his Pharmacy Bar in London.I didn't see any in London last week, but I wasn't really looking, either.

By Lordhobgoblin on Monday, February 19, 2001 - 12:46 am: Edit

Heiko,

As far as I'm aware EU regulations don't take precedence over National laws, unless the sovereign country concerned has signed up to a particular treaty regarding certain regulations (and has not negotiated an opt-out to a particular part of a treaty). Europe is still made up of sovereign countries with their own laws and parliaments.

Absinthe is still illegal in most of the EU. The 10mg Thujone regulation is probably in the same category as food additive 'regulations' and applies only in those countries whose laws permit its sale.

As for magic mushrooms, how can they be illegal anyway when if you're that way inclined all you need do is walk into a field in late summer/autumn and pick them. They're indigenous fungi.

Hobgoblin

By Heiko on Sunday, February 18, 2001 - 03:16 pm: Edit

Blackjack:
Of course they won't give out marinol in Germany either. I have a friend who works in a hospital, and he said the marinol (the chemically produced thc) is secured like almost no other drug: You need like the signatures of a hundreds of bureaucrats and a bunch of doctors to get one of the pills - even for hospital use (while half of the people working there have the natural stuff at home *g*)

By Thegreenimp on Sunday, February 18, 2001 - 03:09 pm: Edit

I had an similiar experience with a French ex-pat.
at a Christmas party, I was pouring a shot of Segarra into my traveling Absinthe set, while explaining the process to a friend. The host brought over this French guy to show him what I was doing, and at first he claimed not to know what Absinthe was......when I offered him a glass, you would think that I stuck a live hand- grenade in his face, it was actually amusing, I never saw someone pull back so quickly from a glass.....I guess that old propaganda dies hard.
Regards
Jay

By _Blackjack on Sunday, February 18, 2001 - 03:06 pm: Edit

Quote:

it is even extremely hard for a doctor to prescribe morphine to a suffering cancer patient (he might get addicted! -LOL).

Hell, in the US, they won't let you give marijuana to cancer patient to ease chemotherapy, because it might lead to harder drugs. However, they are more than willing to pump them full of morphine. HELLO? THERE ARE NO HARDER DRUGS! When my dad died, he probably had $10,000 street-value of opiates and opioids in his medicine cabinet, including dilauded, but somehow they think weed would have turned him into a junkie...

By Heiko on Sunday, February 18, 2001 - 02:51 pm: Edit

I always assumed that the driver who crashed Diana's car was not only drunk but also on cocaine - I mean he was a personal friend of this very very rich party-guy Dody, what'd you expect?

Of course this is never told, because the doctors who *sniff* find it out, the journalists who could *sniff* write about it, the *sniff* royals and the authorities *sniff* don't want this fact to be published ;-)

This is what I see when I look into the world: A bunch of coke-sniffers who are at the top, telling the others what is bad for them...(this is ouf course a little dramatized in order to be funny ;-))

By Chrysippvs on Sunday, February 18, 2001 - 02:32 pm: Edit

I agree Peter. A French girl here at school was telling me about how pastis is becomming unpopular with the younger crowd in France. I mentioned that I get absinthe from the Jura and Val-de-Travers region and she about freaked. She swore up and down that the stuff is poison and long term use will make you totally insane. She said it is "a horrible poison, like concaine or morphine." Do I believe her...of course not. But is amazing how that taboo can remain intact for almost 100 years.

I do see one point she made. Absinthe is by far one of the easiest high octane drinks to get your hands on. Good absinthe, after I start drinking you don't notice the glasss count climbing. Then you stand up after 6 glasses and you are off to see the wizard. Being high octane, and easy to drink presents easy addiction to the alcohol itself. So I do see that point...

Crazy factoid of the day:

Princess Diana was killed after her drunken driver hit the 13th pillar of that tunnel in Paris. What was the guy drunk on?

A. Pernod and Ricard.

- J

By Heiko on Sunday, February 18, 2001 - 02:31 pm: Edit

yeah, but German authorities like to adopt the paranoias of other countries (and add to their own)!
The general drug-laws are about the same as anywhere else, but there's almost no other country as strict on medical drugs as Germany - it is even extremely hard for a doctor to prescribe morphine to a suffering cancer patient (he might get addicted! -LOL). There's no way of buying aspirine or caffeine tablets in the supermarket - you have to go the pharmacy. All the wicked dietary supplements available in the US are mostly not even available at all - no matter where you go to...

The only thing German authorities will probably never ban is alchohol...it's usually no problem for a 14 year old to buy a bottle of vodka (even it's not allowed). Just try the next store if the first one won't sell it.
--F***ing hypocrites!

By Petermarc on Sunday, February 18, 2001 - 02:10 pm: Edit

the french paranoia against absinthe is still quite strong, where-as in germany i don't think there is much of a history, good or bad...

By Heiko on Sunday, February 18, 2001 - 01:56 pm: Edit

I guess if someone just made his way through the courts to get a permit, France would have to obey the EU laws as well...at least that's the way Dagmar Lohmann (the owner of www.absinthhandel.de, who first got the permit in Germany) did it - as far as I know from newspaper articles. It wasn't allowed automatically but only on heavy request (I praise her for achieving this!)

By Petermarc on Sunday, February 18, 2001 - 01:48 pm: Edit

france is a member of the EU...
BTW,the 'absinthe murders' were in switzerland...

By Don_Walsh on Sunday, February 18, 2001 - 12:24 pm: Edit

Yeah, thujone is the devil's own brew. That's why our mommies rub it (in Vaporub) on our chests when we have a cough. It's a satanist plot and all our mothers must have witchmarks somewhere.

Those famous 'absinthe murders' (which were of course anything but) were I believe in Belgium weren't they? So that must have made a lasting impression on the public, with a little help from the temperance movement and the paid-for press and the paid-for toxicologists, with the vintners doing the paying...

Belgium being proximate to Holland and Luxemburg (hence BENELUX) and collectively known as the Low Countries. Onceuponatime Spanish provinces. If they were still Spanish provinces, absinthe would be legal. Oh well.

By Heiko on Sunday, February 18, 2001 - 11:52 am: Edit

I actually never expected that something being legal in Germany could be illegal in Holland (I mean they officially sell shrooms there, and that stuff can definitely make you crazy!)

But, as the Netherlands are a member of the EU, the 10mg/kg Absinthes should be legal there. If it wasn't for the EU, it would certainly not be legal in Germany, that's for sure...

By Lordhobgoblin on Sunday, February 18, 2001 - 08:01 am: Edit

Thujone must be a very dangerous drug indeed if Dutch law forces Amsterdam Absinthe Bars to remove it from their absinthe for fear of being busted. The stuff sold in the 'Coffee' Bars must be safer.

Hobgoblin

By Bjacques on Sunday, February 18, 2001 - 05:21 am: Edit

Absinthe is indeed against the law in the NL. Supposedly the law against it is 18 pages long. There was a long article on it here when the There's a bar, Called the Absinthe Bar or La Fee Verte (I forget which) that serves "legal" absinthe (i.e., no wormwood). It tastes ok but costs fl 8 ($3.50) per glass. The woman who owns the bar brews it herself I think. It's a nice enough place, inspired by Gaudi, but tends to be full of suits.

When yer in town, though, look me up.

By Royale on Sunday, February 18, 2001 - 03:52 am: Edit

Marc, are you familiar with Chris Houston? Originally from canadian punk band the Forgotten Rebels. He wrote "Surfin' On Heroin"

By Marc on Sunday, February 18, 2001 - 03:26 am: Edit

Mojo Nixon and my band played on the same bill at a club in San Diego called the Bacchanal. This was back in the mid-80's. I had a drink with Mojo
and Jello Biafra last year in Austin. He's a good guy.

By Royale on Sunday, February 18, 2001 - 03:18 am: Edit

mojo nixon is great! I have played with him a few times in the past. Insanity like that is inspiring to be around.

By Germanandy on Saturday, February 17, 2001 - 12:22 pm: Edit

it seems that mojo is not very popular here!?

andy

By Germanandy on Friday, February 16, 2001 - 04:36 pm: Edit

i met mojo nixon a couple of years ago on his first concert in germany, he say's when he arrived he want's to get himself some pot :-)
that was the moment he realised that he was not in the netherlands!
btw, it was one of the best cdoncerts i've ever seen.

andy

By _Blackjack on Friday, February 16, 2001 - 03:42 pm: Edit

Quote:

It may not be popular there, but...busted? I don't think they'd bother...

"You there! Halt! Is that absinthe?! Oh, it's just heroin. Go right ahead..."

By Petermarc on Friday, February 16, 2001 - 02:50 pm: Edit

there's no 'nice' in northern france, either...

By Rimbaud on Friday, February 16, 2001 - 02:37 pm: Edit

I may also be going to Northern France (Nice, maybe) for a day. Obviously no absinthe there...
Oh, and I don't think one would get busted for drinking absinthe in Amstedram. It may not be popular there, but...busted? I don't think they'd bother...

By Germanandy on Friday, February 16, 2001 - 02:33 pm: Edit

do you only visit the netherlands?

andy

By Lordhobgoblin on Friday, February 16, 2001 - 01:36 pm: Edit

Absinthe is I believe illegal in Amsterdam, stick to the Coffee Shops and you won't get busted.

Hobgoblin

By Rimbaud on Friday, February 16, 2001 - 09:49 am: Edit

Hey everyone! Does anyone have any idea wether absinthe is sold or served in Amsterdam at all? The reason I'm asking is I'll be going there in two weeks or so and, since I'm not much of a cannabis smoker any more, I was hoping I might be able to meet up with the green fairy for an evening of debauchery while I'm there. So, anyone?......

~21st Century Rimbaud

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page |Delete Conversation |Close Conversation |Move Conversation