Shipping from SC

Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Thru December 2001: Shipping from SC
By Heiko on Monday, July 30, 2001 - 03:33 am: Edit

I think 5 bottles is still the same price (at least to Germany 5 bottles is the best deal unless you don't want to order 8 or more...).

I don't know any La Bleue sites, but I won't order any La Bleue if it's more expensive than Segarra...
Best Absinthe will take orders for Jade soon (at least they said so) - save your money for that!

By Nostradamus on Monday, July 30, 2001 - 03:17 am: Edit

My last order was of 3 bottles from SC,
this order is for 4 btls.

First order 3 btls - shipping = 14,049 pts
Second order 4btls - shipping = 14.049 pts

this makes it a great deal to go with
more bottles.

*I do have a question...
is there a site in europe where I
can order La Bleue for a 'respectable' price?

Please do not suggest Betina or doc1030.

By Missthing on Wednesday, July 18, 2001 - 06:19 am: Edit

For anyone ordering from Australia, (I don't know if the postage thresholds differ weight-wise to elsewhere) here's what I crammed in (after much jiggery-pokery) for the 2nd tier postage cost (8800 pesetas or therabouts)

1 Bottle Deva 55 (1 lt.)
1 Bottle Mari Mayans 70 (700ml)
1 collectors edition Mari Mayans 200ml
1 Absenta miniature 40-80ml
1 spoon
1 glass

couldn't get more than 1 of any of the little things though and keep postage under... but getting a few miniatures in there (they're so cheap!) makes it even more worthwhile. If I like this lot I look forward to ordering some of the other miniatures available from SC recommended in this forum.

By Jer on Wednesday, June 13, 2001 - 11:09 am: Edit

Well, Thanks to researching this forum I did order 2 bottles (shipping now seems to favor ordering in pairs) and it showed up on my doorstep in Washington State less than a week later, (3 business days to be exact, as it was over a weekend, certainly shorter than the '7-10' business days listed). Probably a fluke, but a fantastic surprise for my first order from Spirits Corner.

By Vangogh on Tuesday, June 12, 2001 - 10:29 am: Edit

Thank you for the info. Sorry, Marc, for being redundant, but I tried looking through the zillions of posts, but I don't have time to wade through the huge backlog of sports posts and "Hey! what does absinthe do to you" posts, and so forth. I figured this would be quicker....

By Wolfgang on Tuesday, June 12, 2001 - 06:27 am: Edit

I also made that mistake with my first order. You should have ordered at least 2 bottles to cut down the shipping charges.

By Btyre on Tuesday, June 12, 2001 - 12:15 am: Edit

For my order of 1 bottle, shipping to was as follows:

1 Mari Mayans 700ml - 15.39 Euros
1 200ml glass - 2.97 Euros
1 spoon - 2.07 Euros

Shipped via Airmail, the whole thing was 66.13 Euros. At the time it was ~ $91 Canadian.

Roughly $20 for the Mari Mayans (cheaper than a bottle of Ricard!), $4 for the glass and $3 for the spoon. So $27, meaning it cost me a total of around $64 to ship it! Either way, I'm not upset about that as a bottle of Hill's, available through my liquor store would cost me about $80.

By Head_Prosthesis on Monday, June 11, 2001 - 04:58 pm: Edit

Here's Bob's List again.

Here is a chart for buying from SpiritsCorner. I thought I might as well post it, after having done all the work to figure it out weeks ago...figured that's a better return on the time investment. Plus, people may want this info.

Using Deva as the example, here is what it costs, including shipping, airmail to the States (btw, why does the guide imply that UPS is cheaper for bigger orders? It just ain't so). These figures were accurate a few weeks ago, so if there are minor fluctuations I apologize. Also, if there are huge changes now, please let me know.

All monetary figures are in Euros.

As you can see, the best deals are 2, 5, 7, 10, 13, or 15 (to maximize postage, anyway). FWIW, the shipping really is the expensive part of "shipping and handling." Some places may rip you off in the bogus "handling" department, but SC is legit. The stuff they sent me--two bottles total--was packed perfectly, and the stamp on the box said 5740 pesetas ($29.60 US). That works out to about $25 in product, $30 in postage, and $5 in handling costs (packing, etc.). Very nice indeed.

Sorry for the longwinded post. I hope it's helpful to those who wanted to know more.

By Heiko on Monday, June 11, 2001 - 11:24 am: Edit

"Order to your heart's delight."

Well, as long as you're not ordering more than 10. As Justin pointed out recently, this seems to be the highest possible amount if you want to claim the bottles are for your personal consumption only.

By Admin on Monday, June 11, 2001 - 11:14 am: Edit

and touched on briefly in the FAQ:

It is better to order 3 or more, the shipping costs drops quite a bit.

By Marc on Monday, June 11, 2001 - 10:38 am: Edit

not this again.

Van gogh,
This is a subject that has been thoroughly discussed in the forum.

Order to your heart's delight.

By Vangogh on Monday, June 11, 2001 - 10:29 am: Edit

I know sneaking in one bottle in from SC is no biggie. What about 2 bottles? Or 5?

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page |Delete Conversation |Close Conversation |Move Conversation