Jade Liquors: Product Launch Date Confirmed

Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Thru December 2001: Jade Liquors: Product Launch Date Confirmed
By Verawench on Monday, October 15, 2001 - 05:08 pm: Edit

That's brilliant.

By Wolfgang on Monday, October 15, 2001 - 04:59 pm: Edit

( I know I should not post now due to my very "absinté" state of mind but....)

Whouhahahaha!!!

By Mr_Rabid on Monday, October 15, 2001 - 03:45 pm: Edit

urp

By Verawench on Sunday, October 14, 2001 - 07:44 pm: Edit

shush

By Mr_Rabid on Sunday, October 14, 2001 - 07:24 pm: Edit

The Oxygenee that cried "Jade!"

I give thee the 'Dry Eye,' which curse is a lot like the Evil Eye, but worse. Also, the gestures involved in the curse require only one finger.

May you endure the horror of sobriety for an extended period of time! I curse thee, by the crusted falsehoods of Radomil, by the elongated toenails of Martha Stewart and the jagged fangs of Hillary Clinton! Further, may your period of sobriety be broken only by Coors Lite!

Ia! Ia! Shub Niggurath! Budweiser, Herring, Miller and Hills!

So mote it be.

By Morriganlefey on Sunday, October 14, 2001 - 06:30 pm: Edit

Good god people - you can buy artemesia absintheum (wormwood) at just about any local garden center! It's a common ornamental shrubby plant. And it grows like a weed - my garden is just about over-run with it.

It's not illegal to grow it, just distill it.

- M

By pantagruel on Saturday, October 13, 2001 - 10:09 pm: Edit

You can order wormwood seeds here:

http://www.seedstrust.com/hag/hag_herbs_easy.html

I had no problem getting them, just growing them.

Cheers,
Pantagruel

By Morriganlefey on Friday, October 12, 2001 - 04:30 pm: Edit

Can't...hold...back...MUST...mock....Mostafa!!

By Mostafa Mina on Friday, October 12, 2001 - 04:00 pm: Edit

I am looking for the name of importers of absinthe(in form of herb, the plant) to the U.S. Can anyone help me.

Thanks,
Mostafa

By TimK on Friday, October 12, 2001 - 03:41 pm: Edit

actually, i am quite pleased, as it at least indicates to me that I am not the only one Don has pissed off
"What the hell is going on here?"
If that was intended to cast susption my way, dont bother, i will take the piss under my own name, if and when i feel it appropriate, not under an alias

By TimK on Friday, October 12, 2001 - 03:37 pm: Edit

And That TimK response wasnt me either - i havent posted since the site went screwy

By Morriganlefey on Friday, October 12, 2001 - 03:24 pm: Edit

I stand for all that is good and righteous in this world. I speak to protect the meek, the lowly, the trodden-on, and those who cannot speak for themselves, to....WAIT, then why the HELL am I defending DON??!?!

hee hee
- M

By burp on Friday, October 12, 2001 - 02:10 pm: Edit

Go forum protector!

By Morriganlefey on Friday, October 12, 2001 - 09:26 am: Edit

Ok, whomever is doing that to Don - NOT FUNNY. Not in the least. Don may be opinionated, but I don't think a single one of us can say that his posts haven't made us THINK. We may not agree with him, but at least he's rattled our gray matter.

Lay off. Everyone. Funny is fun, but that is NEITHER.

- Morrigan

By Laughing Vulcan on Friday, October 12, 2001 - 09:08 am: Edit

That's a Don imposter posting, isn't it?

What alias will I choose this time? Oh yeah, when you say "fuck you"..I'm a pretty good fuck, bring it on.

By Timk on Wednesday, July 18, 2001 - 04:48 pm: Edit

Confirmed by the fact others used the spelling years before, see? Isnt it nice when everything falls into place

Tim : - )

By Artemis on Wednesday, July 18, 2001 - 10:41 am: Edit

"How did they put it exactly?"

In Bullshitese.

By Timk on Wednesday, July 18, 2001 - 09:56 am: Edit

Ah, but the marketing for Hills states the spelling is something along the lines of changed for the new millenium - how did they put it exactly?

Tim

By Heiko on Wednesday, July 18, 2001 - 02:32 am: Edit

I think the fact that it spells Absinthe Absinth only means Absinthe is written Absinth in Danish as well as in German, Czech and maybe other languages. Just like Absinthe is Absenta in Spanish...

By Timk on Wednesday, July 18, 2001 - 12:35 am: Edit

And the fact that it spells Absinthe Absinth kinda puts paid to the 'millenial' spelling on Hills.

By Timk on Wednesday, July 18, 2001 - 12:31 am: Edit

Methinks it has beeen around a while - can anyone find that old post of mine with all those pictures of the French Mignonette societies Absinthe Miniatures - there was a bottle of Absinthe Bennoh there - the pics were hosted on my web page so they should still be there

TimK

By Petermarc on Tuesday, July 17, 2001 - 04:36 pm: Edit

too funny!

By Simonsuisse on Tuesday, July 17, 2001 - 04:22 pm: Edit

Bennoh, when spoken in Danish, actually spells the same as Pernod. Thought i'd mention it.
Back when Pernod Fils must have hit Denmark. This brand probably arose as a local competitor.

By Don_Walsh on Tuesday, July 17, 2001 - 10:50 am: Edit

Hopefully this older Danish absinthe is better than Kruts Karport, I can get this stuff, but Ted says it is on the bad side of middling, and, it is awfully overpriced. I get my yeast from Malmoe, via Copenhagen, so Danish absinthe is easy, if there is any to be had worthy of the name...

By Simonsuisse on Tuesday, July 17, 2001 - 10:45 am: Edit

This i find strange! I was always aware that absinthe was legal in Denmark. Full strenght until joining the EC. I once inquired about it in an old spirits shop in Odense. Strangely enough the old guy mentioned this brand. But said he'd not seen a bottle in 2 years or so and this was in 97.

By Wormwood on Tuesday, July 17, 2001 - 09:30 am: Edit

Grape leaves signify where the alcohol is alegedly coming from. Distilled from fermented grapes, not grain, potatos etc...

By Verawench on Tuesday, July 17, 2001 - 07:49 am: Edit

But speaking of that Danish absinthe, why are there pictures of grapes on the label?

By Verawench on Tuesday, July 17, 2001 - 07:47 am: Edit

you litttle fucker! i hope you burn in hell.

By Don_Walsh on Tuesday, July 17, 2001 - 07:26 am: Edit

Oxy, that was a rum go of things.

By Heiko on Tuesday, July 17, 2001 - 12:36 am: Edit

Review of absinthe Benoh:

"He drank from his glass, big swallows, the taste of it like fog in the island spinneys, like the armpits of blonde girls."

;-)

By Germanandy on Tuesday, July 17, 2001 - 12:07 am: Edit

have a look at this website.

http://home4.inet.tele.dk/abra-ken/noctua.htm

By Head_Prosthesis on Tuesday, July 17, 2001 - 12:04 am: Edit

WHY YOU!!!

I might as well go to bed now. Product launch date confirmed?!?!?! rassafrassamutterfutter...

By Marc on Monday, July 16, 2001 - 11:30 pm: Edit

that was a dirty trick! I had my credit card out
and was ready to place an order.

By Frater_Carfax on Monday, July 16, 2001 - 11:27 pm: Edit

Oxygenee-

I'm sorry, but we are collectively going to have to send you to the back of the line when they start handing out Jade Liquors. :-)

People like you who play with our emotions will just have to wait your turn...Ted/Don, is it reasonble of us to ask you to delay shipments to Oxygenee as much as possible?

By Oxygenee on Monday, July 16, 2001 - 11:17 pm: Edit

.....is of course the title of the post we are all waiting for from Ted. But in the meantime, and now that I have got your attention, I wonder if anyone knows about the history of absinthe in Denmark.

I have a bottle of "Absinth Bennoh", made in Copehhagen, and dating from the 1930's or 40's. Recently, on eBay was a Danish Hotel menu from the 1950's that listed absinthe in the drinks section.

So, it seems that there was at least limited commercial availability of absinthe until around 1960 in Danemark - a rather similar situation to the one that prevailed in Spain. I wonder of Pernod Tarragona was exported to Danemark?

Perhaps Simonsuisse or one of the other Danish Forumites can enlighten us...

Bennoh

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page |Delete Conversation |Close Conversation |Move Conversation