Cure that Nasty Cold!

Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Thru December 2001: Cure that Nasty Cold!
By Verawench on Monday, October 15, 2001 - 07:04 pm: Edit

Wolf:

Indeed. The Serpis is already gone. And no, it wasn't the new one.

By Mr_Rabid on Monday, October 15, 2001 - 06:38 pm: Edit

Ionized zinc. Actually proven clinically to reduce cold symptoms.

You take it when you get the cold, as soon as you know, and it knocks the symptoms down to almost nothing (at least it does for me.)

They sell it as Cold Eeez (sp?) in the US, you can find em by the cough drops.

Also, don't take them with vitamin C, as they cancel each other out.

By Heiko on Monday, October 15, 2001 - 05:04 pm: Edit

If you don't like drowsiness and nevertheless want to fight your cold, try this:

Have one Ephedra Super cap (or any other product that contains around 70mg of Ephedrine), one Aspirin and a strong cup of coffee.

Any symptoms of a cold will vanish in a few minutes and you will be active like never before.

Do not take this in the evening because you will definitely not sleep for the next 6-12 hours, no matter how tired you are.

Don't forget to drink a lot during the day - preferably green tea.

In the evening I recommend drinking a liter of cinnamon spice chai (milk-tea).

Is this cure healthy? I don't know, but I haven't had a cold for over a year...

By Wolfgang on Monday, October 15, 2001 - 05:02 pm: Edit

Did you get your SC package ? I'm sure you need your medicine And I hope you got the new Serpis ;-)

By Verawench on Monday, October 15, 2001 - 01:38 pm: Edit

Surefire way to get rid of that pesky cold weather bug!

Try this:
Alka Seltzer Cold and Flu liquigel caps, 3 every few hours. This will keep you cough and snot free, but may make you quite drowsy, so remember to follow each dose with at least 8 ounces of black coffee.

In the evening, mix 2 parts Wal-Mart brand orange soda (for that vitamin boost) and 1 parts Serpis absinthe (detoxifying!). When you feel the Verlainesque stupor set in, go with it! That's your body shutting down major organs to fight the infection. Repeat as necessary.

In the morning: Remember, you're cleansing your system! Eat only scarcely or not at all. Nausea is your friend in helping you keep your body spick and span. Hang-over like symptoms are common when recuperating. And nothing beats the ol' hair of a dog.

Come Monday morning you'll be right as rain.

*cough*
Wench

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page |Delete Conversation |Close Conversation |Move Conversation