The Lair of the Green Fairy!

Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Thru December 2001: The Lair of the Green Fairy!
By Verawench on Monday, July 30, 2001 - 10:16 am: Edit

Wolfgang's hit the Serpis again.

By Wolfgang on Monday, July 30, 2001 - 09:48 am: Edit

HAAA!!!! we found a black sheep so we can be all together again focussed on this same new incarnation of evil!

Noname, the absinthe mod if after you!!! ;-)

Ps.: stick around, when we will have finished eating your brain, you will learn to like us and will eventualy learn much about absinthe and other secrets of life... But first, let`s eat some brain!

By Head_Prosthesis on Sunday, July 29, 2001 - 09:29 pm: Edit

I used to wear Shari Lewis

By Morriganlefey on Sunday, July 29, 2001 - 09:24 pm: Edit

Course I also used to picture Shari Lewis naked, wearing only Lambchop.

HA HA! Oh, JK Deth - that's worthy of Head-Prosthesis fame! Wow, all my childhood illusions shattered...

- M

By Head_Prosthesis on Sunday, July 29, 2001 - 09:16 pm: Edit

The theme was my favorite part. Jim J Bullock doing Queerduck's voice was hilarious too.

By Absinthespoon on Sunday, July 29, 2001 - 09:12 pm: Edit

I found one Queer Duck episode at:
http://www.mishmashmedia.com/QD.html

It's worth checking out just for the theme song...

By Head_Prosthesis on Sunday, July 29, 2001 - 09:22 am: Edit

They lost the rights to it.

By Absinthespoon on Sunday, July 29, 2001 - 09:06 am: Edit

At icebox.com they used to have "hidden celebrity webcams", flash animations of famous people looking in their freezers. It was hilarious. I don't remember everything about the Martha Stewart one, but she says something like "goddamn, shit, fuck me in the ass with a garden implement!"

It looks like icebox.com is making a comeback- the celebrity webcams are no longer available online, it says they will be available on DVD.

But what happened to Queer Duck?

By Jk_Deth on Sunday, July 29, 2001 - 06:57 am: Edit

When I watch Martha Stewart, I like to picture her in something like thigh-high black leather, high heel boots, fishnet stockings, black corsette and a spiked collar. Oh yeah and long black gloves and maybe a riding crop.
Just watch her eyes, she's much more 'dom' than sub'.
Course I also used to picture Shari Lewis naked, wearing only Lambchop.

By Lordhobgoblin on Sunday, July 29, 2001 - 03:53 am: Edit

"An aggressive man is admired, but an aggressive woman is called a bitch."

It's not that. It's just that who in their right minds would want to fuck a woman who's idea of good bedtime conversation would most probably be blueberry muffin recipes?

By Morriganlefey on Friday, July 27, 2001 - 02:35 pm: Edit

I actually know the girl (Trystan) who does the Gothic Martha Stewart website. I think she did intend it to be slightly tongue-in-cheek, but not outwardly ironic. It's really more directed to the Do-It-Yourself Goth on a budget (known in some circles as "Crafy-Goths"), who are not creative enough to come up with that stuff on their own. Useful to some perhaps...

- M

By Cheri on Friday, July 27, 2001 - 01:16 pm: Edit

I heard she beheaded a staff member with a dull butcher knife for not passing the "white glove test".. Then, she took the corpse, filleted it, sauteed it and sent it to a soup kitchen.

By _Blackjack on Friday, July 27, 2001 - 12:31 pm: Edit

Yes, but are you prone to getting hopped up on prescription drugs and trying to run over the gardener with a golf cart?

By Head_Prosthesis on Friday, July 27, 2001 - 10:58 am: Edit

Though very rarely does a Goth's "carpet match the curtains".

By Verawench on Friday, July 27, 2001 - 10:14 am: Edit

Goths are very serious about their window treatments and slip covers.

Anyway, Martha and I have some similarities: an art history degree, Polish heritage and ruthlessness. Maybe I, too, am destined for multi-billion dollar career based on propagating domestic bliss and giving ten lashes to every employee who forgets to iron the napkins.

By Artemis on Friday, July 27, 2001 - 09:25 am: Edit

"I tried to find some trace of irony in the Goth Martha Stewart site but to no avail"

I went there expecting irony but found none either. I'm not sure irony is intended there. It seems to be pretty serious, assuring "Goths" that the gospel according to Martha is good news for them, too. Just goes to show how wide Martha's appeal is.

By Cheri on Friday, July 27, 2001 - 09:15 am: Edit

Martha Stewart is the anti-christ!

By Absinthedrinker on Friday, July 27, 2001 - 09:00 am: Edit

"Nigella Bites" is a top seller here, "How to Eat" by Nigella Lawson I have heard of, but "How to Eat Nigella Lawson" only exists in my dreams...

By Pataphysician on Friday, July 27, 2001 - 08:54 am: Edit

I was going to ask "Who the fuck is Nigella Lawson?" but I went searching for myself. Saw a picture of a very attractive woman. Also saw a book listed as "How to Eat Nigella Lawson."

By Absinthedrinker on Friday, July 27, 2001 - 08:44 am: Edit

Artemis, I tried to find some trace of irony in the Goth Martha Stewart site but to no avail

By Noname on Friday, July 27, 2001 - 08:43 am: Edit

martha scares me...

By Absinthedrinker on Friday, July 27, 2001 - 08:41 am: Edit

For you UK folks, think of Martha Stewart as the Anne Robinson of the kitchen

Scary indeed, I'd much rather have Nigella Lawson in the kitchen any day

By Pataphysician on Friday, July 27, 2001 - 08:38 am: Edit

>OK, I give in. Who the fuck is Martha Stewart?

For you UK folks, think of Martha Stewart as the Anne Robinson of the kitchen.

By Artemis on Friday, July 27, 2001 - 08:31 am: Edit

Martha is a U.S. TV "personality", more or less. She demonstrates cooking and other domestic activities. She also profits from a large market of things in that vein with her name tied to them.

www.marthastewart.com

For a different twist:

www.toreadors.com/martha

By Absinthedrinker on Friday, July 27, 2001 - 08:06 am: Edit

OK, I give in. Who the fuck is Martha Stewart?

By Pataphysician on Friday, July 27, 2001 - 08:01 am: Edit

Every guy my Dad's age has a huge crush on her. She is the perfect wife for his generation. She's aggressively domestic, she's not ashamed of her anachronism in a Post-Feminist age. She's attractive in that icey, WASPy way. She gives, gives, gives, but she's not emotionally needy. Hell, she's hardly emotional at all.

I think it's a bad sign for social progress that any man under 60 loves her.

By Melinelly on Friday, July 27, 2001 - 07:36 am: Edit

actually, she's a woman pretending to be a man pretending to be a woman...

but i'm with steve here. martha's cool =)

By Cheri on Friday, July 27, 2001 - 07:23 am: Edit

I heard she's really a man......

By Absinthespoon on Friday, July 27, 2001 - 06:43 am: Edit

Martha rules! I actually love her show. as long as you fast-forward through the craft segments... She taught me how to make tarte tatin, better than any we found in France.

Martha knows what she wants, and knows what she likes. I admire her success. Personally I find a lot of the Martha-hating (not you guys personally) to be misogynist. An aggressive man is admired, but an aggressive woman is called a bitch.

By Heiko on Friday, July 27, 2001 - 05:58 am: Edit

good that I don't even know her...

By Uncle on Friday, July 27, 2001 - 05:52 am: Edit

If any of you know what is good for you,you will stop this attack on the only light in my life. Martha has not only enslaved me with her smile,But is a sexual prophet!!! She also a high pristess of the dark lord! what you don't see on camera when she's makeing a flan or homemade rose honey is the circle of dead childern on the alter!!!Her genocidal tendencies are just the tip of the iceburg!So ...just step off!!!

By Heiko on Friday, July 27, 2001 - 04:26 am: Edit

"Martha Stewart has that Model Nazi look. I think her real name is Eva Braun"

Eva Braun was just a v.i.p.-bitch who tried to become famous as the woman of someone important. She didn't really succeed though, poor thing ;-)
If you want a real female model nazi, take Leni Riefenstahl.

By _Blackjack on Thursday, July 26, 2001 - 10:08 pm: Edit

Quote:

Ahah, but what would you have thought then if you'd known what you'd be like at age 28?

I'd have thought that I have a really cool car...

By Thegreenimp on Thursday, July 26, 2001 - 08:50 pm: Edit

You should see her visit to Lucullus, with obvious post edited voice over, telling all the housewives that Martha is not drinking the illegal absinthe, just pastis......what a riot!
Jay

By Webfly on Thursday, July 26, 2001 - 08:39 pm: Edit

No, her real name is Irma Griese and her Serpis cozies are to die for.

By Head_Prosthesis on Thursday, July 26, 2001 - 07:07 pm: Edit

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

Kurt has the WCW GOLD!!!

By Head_Prosthesis on Thursday, July 26, 2001 - 06:42 pm: Edit

Ooh ooh! The Booker T vs. Kurt Thimble match next.

He really does look like a thumb.

By Cheri on Thursday, July 26, 2001 - 06:38 pm: Edit

Martha Stewart's snapper is red because she's dating Hannible the Cannible and we all know, he'll eat ANYTHING.

Martha Stewart has that Model Nazi look. I think her real name is Eva Braun. I hear she has a recipe now for pickled testes. Her wart is really an alien implant.

By Cheri on Thursday, July 26, 2001 - 06:33 pm: Edit

oooooooooooool! You're in trouble now....!!! You know, stealing images from Kallisti can get you blacklisted at SC. They will refuse to ship to you. You will be deemed, "Carry out only." If you use any other vendor, news travels...the blacklist/absinthe shit list is sent around worldwide. Even the Czechs.. aww.. never mind..doesn't matter anyway.

By Head_Prosthesis on Thursday, July 26, 2001 - 06:29 pm: Edit

Hey, by the way, what's with the Martha Stewart cracks? I think she's one sexy hardcore bitch. I'd eat a mile of her "Red Snapper with Capers and Green Peppercorns En Papillotte" just to see her "Garden Stool"

Quote:

With a staple gun, fasten one end of the new seat to the stool, wrapping it around the wood twice before wrapping it around the other rod and stapling.

Come on! Is that not fucking A' hot or not? Don are you with me?

By Admin on Thursday, July 26, 2001 - 04:13 pm: Edit

Noname,

I wish you all the best in your absinthe endeavor ... but please, please do not link to my images off your message board if possible. That is generally called "bandwidth theft" and is considered hostile by other webmasters.

I found a bunch of guide images (the large bandwidth suckers) linked thusly:

http://www.sepulchritude.com/chapelperilous/absinthe/images/netocosta02.jpg

By Barabbas on Thursday, July 26, 2001 - 03:54 pm: Edit

Ahah, but what would you have thought then if you'd known what you'd be like at age 28?

By _Blackjack on Thursday, July 26, 2001 - 03:40 pm: Edit

Now I know what this board has been missing all these years: a Marilyn Manson area!

Noname (is that pronounced Noh-nah'-mee?), while I have no doubt that your intentions were good, appearing out of nowhere on a well established forum to claim that your board is better is not the best way to make friends.

I'm telling you this because I remember what a dork I was at 17, and I am grateful to those who pulled me aside and said "stop that! You're acting like a 17-year-old dork."

By Barabbas on Thursday, July 26, 2001 - 01:29 pm: Edit

Hey, No Name, is your icq 35912910, +Nouseforaname+? He's this stupid junky, who wants to talk to me all the time and impress me with how much pot he smoked over the past week. And what kind of email is @manhunter.com..?

By Cheri on Thursday, July 26, 2001 - 11:35 am: Edit

Yeah.. what HE said!

By Simonsuisse on Thursday, July 26, 2001 - 11:31 am: Edit

My Danish is getting very rusty in my 12 years away. But Noname- Go vek med dig, du er dum. Vi er ikke intrasert i hvad du har at sige! So just fuck off!

By Tavarua on Thursday, July 26, 2001 - 10:11 am: Edit

While I do agree that Martha is a succubus, spawned from the loins of the devil himself, she makes a hell of a down pillow. Check them out at the Big K. They’re huge, thick and downright comfy. (Help, I have been locked in her basement with thirty others and we are forced to promote her products on the web through various venues. Send the authoritas, I don’t think I can bear another one of her hot wax, bullwhip, “reeducation” sessions.”

Pray for me.

Tav.

By Verawench on Thursday, July 26, 2001 - 08:47 am: Edit

Cheri, touche, hon.

I watched her make sand dollar cookies this morning with the same sick fascination one watches old footage of the Holocaust.

By Cheri on Thursday, July 26, 2001 - 08:46 am: Edit

But Martha Steward is a Neo-Nazi Bitch DouchBag from Hell!

By Verawench on Thursday, July 26, 2001 - 08:44 am: Edit

You propagate this sort of nonsense. You should be dipped in a vat of boiling Hill's and have your skeleton displayed for the drinking masses as a warning.

By Noname on Thursday, July 26, 2001 - 08:39 am: Edit

but i didn't write the bloody recipe...Martha Steward did. :)

By Don_Walsh on Thursday, July 26, 2001 - 08:26 am: Edit

Being Danish (in sense of non-English cradle language) is a good excuse.

Being 17 is not.

By Verawench on Thursday, July 26, 2001 - 07:34 am: Edit

My personal fave (see the absinthe recipe):

"drinken"

lol.

By Blygdon on Thursday, July 26, 2001 - 06:58 am: Edit

See as how we are all on at the same time, I have to admit I'm honored to be having morning coffee with all of you. Hope the day is a cheery one for each and everyone! Gods bless. lol

- Bly

By Noname on Thursday, July 26, 2001 - 06:53 am: Edit

God damn it......*lol*...you guys crack me up!

By Don_Walsh on Thursday, July 26, 2001 - 06:52 am: Edit

'imature'?

Back to fourth grade, dork.

By Noname on Thursday, July 26, 2001 - 06:50 am: Edit

Zack: thanx, right back at ya! mate...

By Zack on Thursday, July 26, 2001 - 06:49 am: Edit

Oh Noname, I forgot...Fuck you, you shit-brained cunt-weasle.

By Noname on Thursday, July 26, 2001 - 06:46 am: Edit

Verawench: hmm, i did not write that myself...i found it on yet another website somewhere.

oh shit, fuck it...leave it be. keep away from my bbs actually. i'll keep away from this one, to save you the trouble.

and my name is Noname, not NoName or No Name...can someone please tell me why everybody gets that wrong? what is so fucking hard in writing Noname?

By Blygdon on Thursday, July 26, 2001 - 06:46 am: Edit

noname, thanks for the morning laugh. It would be amusing to witness the lurkers rise up and overtake the clique. Join the counter revolt! (to parrot a dear friend) Old Fromm would have a field day.

By Noname on Thursday, July 26, 2001 - 06:43 am: Edit

why thank you all very much for your kind words! but in fact my bbs hold more options than this one, this one might be more respected because the site on which it is active is better known. but anyways, suit yourself in whatever way you feel is right. but please note that when you dont like something and talk down on it by using words such as "fuck", "shit", "cunt" or whatever word you feel like you have to use, you actually end up looking like the imature one. just thought i'd let you know.

not being hostile!

yours
noname

By Verawench on Thursday, July 26, 2001 - 06:39 am: Edit

From Mr NoName's BBS:

Do-It-Yourself-Absinthe.
-------------------------
One ounce dried chopped wormwood
One tablespoon angelica root
One teaspoon hyssop
One half teaspoon coriander seeds
One quarter teaspoon caraway seeds
One pinch cardomon pods
One tablespoon fennel or anise seeds
750 ml. 100 proof vodka

In a glass container add the wormwood to the vodka. Set aside in the dark for ten days. For extra-powerful absinthe, use Everclear or 151 rum instead of vodka. This will give you an authentic green-colored tincture (the green comes from the chlorophyll, and does not indicate the presence of the active ingredient, thujone). 100 proof vodka works best. Then strain out the wormwood and add all the remining herbs and spices. Wait four more days, then strain these out and serve. Best drinken straight in short shots with water chasers. If trying Everclear (actually not recommended), dribble a little in a tall glass with ice and sour mix or cranberry juice. "

Noname, better send this one to Martha Steward...

So who's gonna show this lame fuck-o the meaning of INTERACTION?

By Zack on Thursday, July 26, 2001 - 04:47 am: Edit

Jesus that site is fucking lame.

By Heiko on Thursday, July 26, 2001 - 12:51 am: Edit

Interaction?
You mean people actually writing stuff on their own? Or forumites having admin rights on the board?

-John Doe

P.S.: sorry, still drunk from yesterday night...

By Noname on Thursday, July 26, 2001 - 12:30 am: Edit

hello, im noname! i have for a long time now been working on an all new absinthe bbs because i always thought this one lacked one very important aspect...interaction! please visit www.absinthebbs.f2s.com today, you might like it!

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page |Delete Conversation |Close Conversation |Move Conversation