As time goes by!!

Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Thru December 2001: As time goes by!!
By Frater_Carfax on Thursday, July 26, 2001 - 09:27 pm: Edit

"Why head for the Hills when you can climb every Montana?"

By Head_Prosthesis on Thursday, July 26, 2001 - 08:30 pm: Edit

Or the Pepsi vs. Coke route.

"You can't cash Czechs to get Jade."

By Verawench on Thursday, July 26, 2001 - 08:00 pm: Edit

hehehe tres bien, Carfax.

By Frater_Carfax on Thursday, July 26, 2001 - 07:58 pm: Edit

How's this for a campaign slogan?

"Don't buy absinth with a Czechered history!"

By Verawench on Thursday, July 26, 2001 - 07:22 pm: Edit

Call me a battle axe but someone should launch a full-fledged anti-Czech campaign.

By Head_Prosthesis on Thursday, July 26, 2001 - 05:35 pm: Edit

I'd buy a ticket...

By Barabbas on Thursday, July 26, 2001 - 03:56 pm: Edit

It's a crazy world we're living in...

By Morriganlefey on Thursday, July 26, 2001 - 03:43 pm: Edit

Thank you for the kind words, Simon - I too am delighted to see the progress our fair fee verte has made over the years, but I say that with some sense of caution.

I am certainly glad to see antique collectors and smaller artisan distillers (i.e. Jade) out there brewing, educating and debunking myths, BUT I also hope that absinthe stays somewhat elusive. There is a point at which "spreading the word" goes to far. When Leonardo DeCraprio pours a flaming shot of Hills down his gullet and hoots about being high all night (i.e. London's "The Beach" premiere last year, sponsored by Hills), when 17-year old kids find absinthe through NIN & Marilyn Manson and create "absinth-chat" boards about it, and capitalist heads like Wiz sell it out of the back of a van at jam-band-paloozas for $25 a shot, I fear we may have hit that point.

Fragile things like the lure, mystery and romance of absinthe can be easily spoiled - let's hope our beloved green fairy somehow survives (or better yet AVERTS) becoming "the next big thing".

Ever the kill-joy...
- Morrigan

By Simonsuisse on Thursday, July 26, 2001 - 12:11 pm: Edit

I just thought to myself. 5 years ago when i got into Absinthe. It was unheard of unless i went to Spain. Here in the UK, Shitty Hills came out soon after. I remember being really excited, as i just found out about the legal status of thujone in the UK, at the time.
I look now, and see all these experts and great antique sites on line. Like: Phil S, Mike L, Ian H, Justin and many others. And thank Fuck for SC!!! At least you no longer have to travel to Spain!! It has moved a long way in the last few years and that's so good to know. All of you out there who are true life-long devotees to true absinthe i love you all, and hope to meet you.. Maybe at the next Boveresse or else where.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page |Delete Conversation |Close Conversation |Move Conversation