New absinthe brand

Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Thru December 2001: New absinthe brand
By Simonsuisse on Wednesday, August 01, 2001 - 03:29 pm: Edit

Never did understand the fascination with La Fee. I can get the stuff like tap water, but personally i don't think it even comes close to Deva. Which by the way is not my favourite anymore anyway. NS, La Bleue and Segarra have to be the best three contemporary absinthe's i've drunk to date.

By Morriganlefey on Wednesday, August 01, 2001 - 11:37 am: Edit

Ruud -

If you are looking for real antique absinthe glasses, try these sites. Both are run by very nice & knowledgeable people who are also posters on this Forum:

http://www.absintheoriginals.com/
http://www.frenchmanltd.com/absinthe/1.htm

If you are looking for newer reproductions, just go to any of your local housewares or kitchenwares stores (I'm not sure what those would be in the Netherlands). Any heavier glass with a footed base works fine and looks fancy (just be sure the top is not too wide, or your absinthe spoons will not fit correctly).

If you want to order glasses on the internet, I like the Pottery Barn "Claro" Water Goblet (shown here - http://www.potterybarn.com/cat/pip.cfm?grp=15535&src=shpcTBLGLS%20p1, a set of 6 is $64 US, but it appears they may not ship outside the U.S, so you'd have to have somebody send them to you.) However, anything in that style nicely mirrors the authentic belle-epoch era glasses, and you could probably find something like that near you.

Good luck,
- Morrigan

By Ruud on Wednesday, August 01, 2001 - 11:10 am: Edit

Thank you but i can get la fee on this homepage
http://www.eabsinthe.com/acatalog/eAbsinthe_Catalogue_La_F_e_Absinthe_6.html
for 36 pound with spoon
whit postoffice cost in a total amount of 50 pound

greatings Ruud
were can i get nice stylish absinth glasses

By Bjacques on Wednesday, August 01, 2001 - 09:00 am: Edit

La Fee: f250,- via Eurostar through the Chunnel. Tube to Oxford Circus or Charing Cross, I forget which. Go to Tom's Liquors on Old Compton Street. 35 pounds for La Fee.

The Idler, which co-sponsors the La Fee Absinthe bus, ought to hide cases of it in London like Canadian Club did with their whiskey 25 years ago. I always wondered if anyone ever found them.

By Don_Walsh on Wednesday, August 01, 2001 - 03:41 am: Edit

Off to a good start, Ruud!

By Ruud on Wednesday, August 01, 2001 - 12:58 am: Edit

Hello thanks for the help
As a newbie i had little hope that the nice good brands maybe to buy are in the netherlands i have my mind strait on wich brand i sal try and it is the brand la fee that i go to buy.
were can i buy nice absinthe glasses maybe in the netherland or must i also buy the glasses on the internet

thanks for the help

By Don_Walsh on Tuesday, July 31, 2001 - 10:02 pm: Edit

Neto and Hapsburg are not much of an improvement over Tabu and Hills etc.

Serpis and MM are the 'best' of what they list.

If the man wants real absinthe, let him buy some La Bleue, or La Fee, and get himself (dare I say) on the BEL mailing list for info on Jade products.

By Tabreaux on Tuesday, July 31, 2001 - 01:29 pm: Edit

Those are all about the equivalent of Czech.....poor quality items.

By Bjacques on Tuesday, July 31, 2001 - 12:56 pm: Edit

Ruud,

If you want to try the real thing without too much trouble, there are a couple of shops in Amsterdam that sell it. One, on the Prinsengracht at Nieuwe Leliestraat (tram 13 or 17 to the Westermarkt), sells Neto Costa, a Portuguese brand, for f 58,-. Another shop, on the Osdorpplein (tram #1), sells Habsburg and some other brand, according to a friend. These are real, but the consensus of the site is that they're not real great.

By Don_Walsh on Tuesday, July 31, 2001 - 12:18 pm: Edit

These folks have a grand sense of humor.

They are selling Swills, Absente, MM, Serpis and Tabu.

Ruud, Absente is neither new nor absinthe, it is a garbage pastis being misrepresented as absinthe.

Swills is swill.

This seller seems to be promoting the worst of the litter.

By Tabreaux on Tuesday, July 31, 2001 - 12:18 pm: Edit

Absente is not absinthe. It contains no absinthium. It is legally sold in the U.S., where absinthe is completely illegal. That distributor doesn't know anything about absinthe.

By Melinelly on Tuesday, July 31, 2001 - 12:14 pm: Edit

see the pastis and faux absinthe section of the guide, Ruud =)

By Zman7 on Tuesday, July 31, 2001 - 12:12 pm: Edit

Sorry,
Absinthe? Not even close.

By Ruud on Tuesday, July 31, 2001 - 11:55 am: Edit

ABSENTE
0,7 Lit. 55% vol. Alk.

ABSENTE versucht an die vormalig französische Absinthtradition anzuschließen.
Anis ist im Geschmack dominant. Entsprechend setzt eine Trübung beim klassischen Trinkritual ein.
ABSENTE ist im Aroma sehr lieblich und gleicht insgesamt sehr PERNOD.
ABSENTE enthält Thujon.
Nähere Informationen dazu finden Sie unter
www.eABSINTH.de
Distilleries et Domaines, Frankreich

DM 59,90 | Euro 30,63

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page |Delete Conversation |Close Conversation |Move Conversation