Firesign Theatre Anyone?

Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Thru December 2001: Firesign Theatre Anyone?
By Petermarc on Friday, August 17, 2001 - 03:11 pm: Edit

radio dinner...

By Tavarua on Tuesday, August 14, 2001 - 10:10 am: Edit

By Billynorm on Tuesday, August 14, 2001 - 09:50 am: Edit

"The fundamental delusion of humanity is to suppose that I am here and you are out there." - Zen saying

"How can you be in two places at once when you're not anywhere at all?" - The Firesign Theater

Knock, knock.

Who's there?

Neither you nor I.

Neither-you-nor-I who?

(Return to top)

By Barsnake on Wednesday, August 08, 2001 - 01:13 pm: Edit

I understand - "Shoes for Industry"

By Tavarua on Wednesday, August 08, 2001 - 11:48 am: Edit

My buddy was in some music store looking over the Firesign collection when someone dropped that line as he walked past. Then he called him one sick bastard for knowing that quote. I thought I would bring that up, because it is fitting. I did fall over, my attention to this thread hasn’t exactly been on point. Unfortunately, I am devoting all of my time to work and have been for the past few weeks, and have had little time to mess with the forum. I shall devote some time for it soon I hope.

I also am working on a “venture” that has not gotten my full attention. I know some of my fellow forum members are waiting patiently. Hopefully I will have made some progress soon, but like I said, work has just been consuming me lately.

By Barsnake on Wednesday, August 08, 2001 - 11:27 am: Edit

Hey - you're no fun - you fell right over

By Barsnake on Wednesday, August 01, 2001 - 09:51 am: Edit

Ah yes - Porgie Tirebiter and Mudhead
Nick Danger - or as he sat at his desk reading his name on the door regnaD kciN
Rocky Roccoco and Susan Underhill - er Melody Haber - but everyone knew her as Nancy

- Don't Crush That Dawrf Hand Me the Pliers -

By Bjacques on Wednesday, August 01, 2001 - 09:02 am: Edit

Haw! No, it was just something I thought of because the movie hype hit Amsterdam months before the movie did.

By Tavarua on Wednesday, August 01, 2001 - 08:57 am: Edit

“Blair Witch Beer”? What is this, one of there newer skits?

By Bjacques on Wednesday, August 01, 2001 - 08:53 am: Edit

Blair Witch Beer.

We're All Bozos, the first comedy record to feature a hacker. That one's probably my favorite. it inspired Subgenius cofounder Ivan Stang's short film "Let's Visit the World of the Future," which is well worth seeking out

Oh, yeah. I listened to far too much of it at an impressionable age. Does anyone have the prophetic (or merely sensible) Boom Dot Bust? Was it any good?

By Tavarua on Wednesday, August 01, 2001 - 08:24 am: Edit

Hey all,

I think it is about time to start the Firesign Theatre thread, with the encouragement of another forum member. I realize that trying to spark up conversation on this topic during a phylisophical discussion, which is what I tried to do, is pretty futile, so that is the reason for this thread. Are there any fans of the guys that brought us Bear Wiz Beer, Deputy Dan, and the infamous Blue Mutants.

Yea, “Shoes for Industry” is great for those that are just starting out, or anyone who wants the classic hits.
I just got a twelve disk set burned, “Dear Friends” collection. I am only missing one of the disks.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page |Delete Conversation |Close Conversation |Move Conversation