Vintage bottling

Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Thru December 2001: Vintage bottling
By Don_Walsh on Sunday, August 05, 2001 - 10:09 pm: Edit

I don't think Ted was arguing that the bottling would be particularly expensive. I think he was stating truthfully that the cost of such bottling would far exceed the production costs of each and every modern absinthe (except for ours.)

That's because it is awfully cheap to mix essential oils and water and alcohol and dyes and get an 'absinthe'. And that's what we think all or almost all of them do. So we think that sort of schlock absinthe deserves cheap clear screw top bottling. Whereas an authentic premium absinthe deserves something better.

By Bob_Chong on Sunday, August 05, 2001 - 09:12 pm: Edit

double post

By Bob_Chong on Sunday, August 05, 2001 - 09:12 pm: Edit

the cost of the bottling would exceed the cost of the product

Like Little Caesars--where the BOX is the most expensive item (more than the food inside, the labor to make it, or the overhead). No joke.

By Don_Walsh on Saturday, August 04, 2001 - 11:23 pm: Edit

I believe Ted has previously stated that the Jade products will be authentic in every detail. That means EVERY detail. Draw your own conclusions until such time as Ted wishes to elaborate. It doesn't sound like he he wishes to now, so therefore, neither will I.

By Tabreaux on Saturday, August 04, 2001 - 11:46 am: Edit

In the case of the current offerings, for the most part, the cost of the bottling would exceed the cost of the product.

By Simonsuisse on Saturday, August 04, 2001 - 11:12 am: Edit

It would be nice to see an absinthe company come out with a nice vintage style edition bottle. So far the only one is Oxygenee. But even this is not good enough. We need heavy green or brown glass with the hollow in the base of the bottle, aswell as stamp on neck and diamond label. Maybe that would be costly and arkward. But i'd pay more for the added touch.
I wonder what the Jade products will look like when finished?

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page |Delete Conversation |Close Conversation |Move Conversation