3/4 Segarra and 1/4 NS mix louches just like "real absinthe"

Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Thru December 2001: 3/4 Segarra and 1/4 NS mix louches just like "real absinthe"
By Head_Prosthesis on Friday, August 10, 2001 - 07:57 pm: Edit

My tap water louches on its own.

By Heiko on Friday, August 10, 2001 - 07:49 pm: Edit

I saw a magnificent louche an hour ago when I filled water directly from the tap into a glass of 4/5 Segarra 1/5 NS (or even a little less NS). There was a thick cloud filling up the bottom of the glass, leaving about half a centimeter of clear yellow-greenish absinthe at the top which was very persistent until I filled more water into it.

Then, I wanted to reproduce it for the camera, but it didn't work perfectly. I think it was a little too much NS and I poured the water too quickly. You can still see the fantastic louche of this brew... the colors in the pictures are much too brownish - it's more of a greenish yellow in reality (you all know what the color of Segarra and NS are, I guess).

Here we go:

Segarra with NS 01
Segarra with NS 02
Segarra with NS 03
Segarra with NS 04

By Heiko on Thursday, August 09, 2001 - 05:09 pm: Edit

...maybe it was only 1/5 NS and 4/5ths Segarra, I'm not really sure...

By Heiko on Thursday, August 09, 2001 - 05:07 pm: Edit

I just found out that a mix of 1/4th NS and 3/4ths Segarra produces a perfect louche - the white cloud rises slowly from the bottom to the top, leaving a clear part at the top for a rather long time (bad description, but it looks just like La Fée or Berger - look at the pictures from the Boveresse thread). Only the color is a little too much yellow and not enough green - but you can't have it all...
The taste is pretty yummy, too!

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page |Delete Conversation |Close Conversation |Move Conversation