'grats Morrigan!

Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Thru December 2001: 'grats Morrigan!
By Head_Prosthesis on Friday, August 24, 2001 - 09:46 pm: Edit

Downriver boys are bleaching their wheels and laying rubber up and down Jefferson in your honor. Their girls are dancing wildly on the hoods of cars at Bishop Park singing "Jamie's Cryin'"...

What a Beautiful Bride!
Smooch!

By Morriganlefey on Friday, August 24, 2001 - 03:13 pm: Edit

Well, as promised, here are just a wee few photos (so as not to be a vain bandwidth hog!)

'Twas a fun weekend, ranging from the ridiculous:
my picture

To the sublime:
my picture

Much silly fun overall. Because as everyone knows, ludicrously large bar bill = good time had by all.

- Ol' hitched wench Morrigan

By Admin on Thursday, August 16, 2001 - 12:24 pm: Edit

Oh yay! Congrats Morrigan ... love!

Welcome back. Or not. heh. Hope 'twas lovely.

*smooch!*

By Tavarua on Thursday, August 16, 2001 - 08:06 am: Edit

I think you have something there Morrigan. Know all I need is a name, any suggestions? How about Silver Mullet Enterprises, or the Camaro Consumer Group.

By Morriganlefey on Wednesday, August 15, 2001 - 05:13 pm: Edit

Panks -

What I was referring to, in addressing Marc's now-infamous straping rockstar frame, was the planned December 1st Absinthe Forum Gathering in Las Vegas, which I and "Mr. Morrigan" will be attending. We'll be meeting Marc, along with scads of other forumites, for various light-hearted absinthe revelry. (If you'd taken the time to read the "Vegas Gathering" thread, you'd know what I meant.)
Oh, and Marc wants to do everyone, so I'd hardly call it serious..*wink*...

So if you consider my meeting Marc along with my husband and a dozen or so other absinthe forumites "flirting", then ya got me. But I think most would consider you way off-base. Best to read and/or inquire before pointing a finger, no??

No harm done, but lets please banish the "D" word from this thread.

Cheers!
- M

By Melinelly on Wednesday, August 15, 2001 - 04:36 pm: Edit

thanks, Doc :)

morrigan, you are correct. me, ever organizing hehe... can't wait to see y'all and catch up...

"Mr. Morrigan" i like that... wonder how Kev'll like his new name heh.

By Dr_Ordinaire on Wednesday, August 15, 2001 - 04:18 pm: Edit

Guys, err...this might not be the best thread to discuss the divorce rate in the USA...

By Panks on Wednesday, August 15, 2001 - 04:14 pm: Edit

Are you certain? I work in that area and the last figure I saw was that of all marriages inside the US within the last 60 years about 33% or so have ended in divorce. The 50% number is because of marriages that took place in the last 12 years 50% or so have ended in divorce, showing that the number is definitely on the rise. I could be wrong, but I think the numbers I got were fairly accurate.

By _Blackjack on Wednesday, August 15, 2001 - 03:23 pm: Edit

It's not, you know. The divorce rate, I mean. The 50% statistic is based on the fact that there are about half as many divorces IN A SINGLE YEAR as there are marriages. Only about 25% of marriages end in divorce.

By Panks on Wednesday, August 15, 2001 - 03:06 pm: Edit

Sorry, you will have to excuse my misunderstanding the thread. Usually when someone blurts out "I wanted to do her", (and he sure sounded serious) which I assume meant he wanted to pork, fuck, screw, and nail you, and then you shoot back that you will be happy to meet him, *wink wink*, I just jumped to the conclusion that there was some flirting going on. Call me rash, but I don't think I am way out in left field. Maybe it is me being old fashoined.

Well, that is neither here nor there, it is none of my business. I hope you enjoy Marc's 200 pounds of rock and roll death wish. I hope your husband enjoys it too.

By Morriganlefey on Wednesday, August 15, 2001 - 02:32 pm: Edit

Hey now cynical Ms. Panks - having a fan club does not constitute flirting!! I regularly jest-joust with both Marc and Blackjack, so they (and my beloved) know 'tis nothing more. And shame on you for throwing divorce rate stats at a newlywed.

Tavarua - you possess a "strap-on mullet"??!? Whoa nelly! You could make a FORTUNE marketing that thing.

- M

By Tavarua on Wednesday, August 15, 2001 - 02:18 pm: Edit

True, but there is a time and place for everything, even the Kentucky Waterfall. Don't forget, hockey season is coming.

By Chrysippvs on Wednesday, August 15, 2001 - 02:12 pm: Edit

You take the mullet lightly...just imagine living in a place where the mullet is not only fashionable but downright sexy...let me tell you, the mullet is a thing to be feared, a thing to be destroyed....

By Tavarua on Wednesday, August 15, 2001 - 02:06 pm: Edit

Morrigan:

I'll strap on my "special occasion" mullet tonight at the bar, in your honor.

Tav

By Panks on Wednesday, August 15, 2001 - 01:49 pm: Edit

Married three days ago and out flirting already? Must have been a hell of a honeymoon. I bet Mr. Morrigan would be just elated. No wonder the divorce rate in this country is over 50%.

By Morriganlefey on Wednesday, August 15, 2001 - 01:36 pm: Edit

Awww - I'm all choked up & 'atwitter!! How nice of you all - Kevin & I thank you for the well-wishes.

Just returned yesterday from the balmy shores of Lake Champlain in Vermont. Our wedding was held Sunday afternoon on an island on the lake, where we have a cottage that has been in my family for 4 generations. A lovely inebriated time was had by all (tho' the revelry was sadly mullet-free). I'll post some pictures, (including my smashing vintage 1940's ivory silk gown!) as soon as our photog emails them to me, so my galpal in costume-covetry, Kallisti, can get her fill!

MANY thanks to the surreptitious Sepulchritude Mob Verte (head-honcho, Melinelly, I believe!) for the fantastic glasses, pitcher & bar set gift, plus special warm-fuzzies to Em & Mel for the beehive blender. You can be assured that we will put all to very good use, and soon! (Absinthe frappes anyone??)

Blackjack & Marc - I may be married now, but I ain't dead! Applications for fan clubs & crushes are still being accepted. Marc, I'll see your "200 pounds of rock-n-roll deathwish" in Vegas in December *wink*.

- Morrigan

By Leela on Tuesday, August 14, 2001 - 06:59 pm: Edit

Dr. Ordinaire,

Don't know if it's Oscar Wilde or not, but I've got another good quote...and believe it or not, it's from Joe Bob Briggs, Drive-In Movie Critic:

Marriage is what two people do when their hope for the future overcomes their fear of the past.

Congrats, Morrigan!!

Leela

By _Blackjack on Tuesday, August 14, 2001 - 06:54 pm: Edit

[sigh]

I guess I'll have to go have a crush on that cute girl on the Warren Ellis Forum now instead...

By Dr_Ordinaire on Tuesday, August 14, 2001 - 06:16 pm: Edit

Was it Oscar Wilde who said that marriage was so popular because it combined a maximum of desire with a maximum of opportunity....?

Enjoy!!!

By Frater_Carfax on Tuesday, August 14, 2001 - 05:39 pm: Edit

Congratulations Morrigan!!

Any photos for your fellow forumites?

"Marriage is a wonderful institution...but who wants to live in an institution? "- Groucho Marx

By Head_Prosthesis on Monday, August 13, 2001 - 07:29 am: Edit

Yay! Mullets for everyone!!!

By Royale on Monday, August 13, 2001 - 05:25 am: Edit

Congrats from both Paige and I. I read this on the wall of a bar once "drinking is like love. It should be entered into with abandon or not at all. " so drink up and stay drunk with love.

By Cheri on Monday, August 13, 2001 - 04:27 am: Edit

Congratulations!!!!!!!!

By Marc on Monday, August 13, 2001 - 02:06 am: Edit

shit! I wanted to do her.

By Malhomme on Monday, August 13, 2001 - 12:03 am: Edit

Hurray!!! Congratulations, Morriganlefey!

Married life has been wonderful for us, though still dreadfully busy! (I suppose that partly explains my conspicuous absence since getting married.) I hope you get really good and snockered tonight on good abs!

Jim and Allison

By Melinelly on Sunday, August 12, 2001 - 11:20 pm: Edit

before the night is over, just wanted to say congratulations and best wishes to our fellow forumite, Beth (Morriganlefey), on this, her wedding day. (still sunday the 12th here in california, heh)

all our love, from em & mel :)

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page |Delete Conversation |Close Conversation |Move Conversation