Questions from a newbie

Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Thru December 2001: Questions from a newbie
By Melinelly on Saturday, August 18, 2001 - 11:04 am: Edit

welcome to the fray, Josh. looks like your questions have been answered, and all we really don't talk about the Corner store is the paper bag they put everything in, eh ;)

why choose between deva and segarra, just get 'em all hehe. those four you mention are the standard. deva is the old standard, and an old faithful for many. NS seems to be the new fave of the spanish. Serpis is Serpis, heh, gotta have it cuz it's just plain different. Segarra is different and it's distilled, see "The Man from Chert" thread for info on a recent visit to Julian Segarra's batcave.

By Verawench on Saturday, August 18, 2001 - 07:53 am: Edit

Secondary effects, as felt by yours truly, are usually mild euphoria, the oft-mentioned "clarity", and vivid, lovely dreams. I also find it's one of the more conversation-inducing drinks I've had.

Always glad to see a newbie who's done a bit of his research before posting :)

By Staticburst on Saturday, August 18, 2001 - 01:26 am: Edit

Marc, Head, thanks for the responses.. i might try the Deva (seems a fav among quite a few) or Segarra and scope out the le fee from a different vendor next time around.

one more thing... ive seen a *lot* of talk on here about Jade.. from what i gather it is a soon to be released absinthe which is almost (or is) identical to the original pernod fils? if im correct on this then i am joining the crowd of already anxious people... it appears no release date has been given so i shall wait patiently :)
thanks for your time.

By Head_Prosthesis on Saturday, August 18, 2001 - 12:54 am: Edit

I would say the hangover is the pleasant secondary effect. Though one is quite discombobulated the following morning the recovery is expedient and the throbbing and stomach quease is not as apparent. Our Vera may argue, but that has been my own experience.

As for dreams being more vivid... Get into my head for a few weeks and tell me Absinthe has anything to do with it.

By Marc on Saturday, August 18, 2001 - 12:50 am: Edit

order more than one bottle and it will offset the cost of shipping in such a way as to bring the individual bottle price down. Order 3 or 4 bottles and they will work out to about $30 each including shipping.

If your bottles are destroyed, they will be replaced by the company we all recommend buying from. That source is listed in the review section of this website.

As for secondary effects, some people feel them, others don't. Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't.

My favorite commercial brand is La Fee. Its worth hunting down.

By Staticburst on Saturday, August 18, 2001 - 12:38 am: Edit

hey guys. i really learned a lot from this msg board and the pages... spared me from asking lots of questions.. anyways, i have a few more which werent answered by the faq, so if anyone here cares to help out a newbie, thanks :)

first, ive read the reviews from the pages and i think the 2 ive settled on is the N.S. and Serpis .. are these good choices to start off with? the serpis is kind of weird to me (being red, first off) but the effects of it i read in a couple threads back said the 'effect' was fairly decent and consistent, the NS (70) i picked from seeing how many ppl liked it.

also, concerning the 'second effect' .. i know absinthe wont make me trip or hallucinate or any of that but im interested in how the 'second effect' differs from regular liquor? i know the effect is given from the combination of herbs in the absinthe (not just wormwood) but is it strong? is it evident or could it be mistaken for placebo? some people decribe a certain clear headedness and lucidity with absinthe, some say its all false and there is no 2nd effect..

also, im not sure if its taboo to talk about online shops that sell the stuff, but assuming i order from the same place you order from (found a link somehwere on this page), is it a safe bet to assume my package will arrive in 1 piece? i read a couple posts where they got liquor stained boxes with shattered glass, definitely not something i hope almost 100USD will pay for. im not really worried about customs as much as i am the actual packaging staying in 1 piece. (i live on the west coast if it matters).

well thats all for now, its been cool reading up all these posts and learning about the green fairy, im sure youll see more of me around here in the future, until then, thanks for reading & take care

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page |Delete Conversation |Close Conversation |Move Conversation