Has deva changed its labeling somewhat?

Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Thru December 2001: Has deva changed its labeling somewhat?
By Petermarc on Friday, August 24, 2001 - 01:42 am: Edit

ey carumba!

By Tavarua on Thursday, August 23, 2001 - 12:16 pm: Edit

Only if your Spanish.

By Petermarc on Thursday, August 23, 2001 - 10:16 am: Edit

i had some there...does that count?

By Heiko on Thursday, August 23, 2001 - 10:14 am: Edit

about the Deva labelling: they also (used to?) have a special label for the German market - now they maybe figured it would be cheaper to print just one international label. Nobody seems to drink it in Spain anyways...

By Petermarc on Thursday, August 23, 2001 - 10:08 am: Edit

segarra's gin is less than the absenta,
around 20$/liter...but i didn't see it on spirits corner's gin line up...might want to ask...

By Tavarua on Thursday, August 23, 2001 - 06:47 am: Edit

Peter,

Any idea on price? I might give it a go, but isn't gin their speciality = $$$. I don't like paying more than forty bucks for a bottle of liquer.

By Wolfgang on Wednesday, August 22, 2001 - 09:41 pm: Edit

The label on my last bottle is exactly the same as before. I must have get used to the sugar... And it`s probably because of Head and his bad influence with the Slerpis idea !!! (I tasted it when I was in vacation and I agree it`s quite yummy).

Anyway, roasted, toasted, burned, overcooked or wathever, I still enjoy Deva as a regular absinthe.

By Head_Prosthesis on Wednesday, August 22, 2001 - 08:04 pm: Edit

A POEM by Head_prosthesis

I like the taste
of roasted meat
I sometimes like
to frappe it

When my didder is
waning and emulsified
the roast beef
shake can delay it

By Petermarc on Wednesday, August 22, 2001 - 01:12 pm: Edit

tavarua,
since you are a fan of gin and segarra, next time you order from SC, see if they sell his gin...smooth as, well, whatever you think is real smooth...support the little guys!

By Chevalier on Wednesday, August 22, 2001 - 12:37 pm: Edit

Listen, I live in Chile and SC doesn't even ship there.

By Cheri on Wednesday, August 22, 2001 - 12:04 pm: Edit

My letter that it's been taken to the post was dated 8/1 and I haven't gotten the order yet. Seems like they always come much faster. Since I'm getting very low and I want to have the latest to take with me on vacation.. (I leave 8/27), it figures it would be later than usual..

By Joshua on Wednesday, August 22, 2001 - 12:00 pm: Edit

my order actully was quicker than normal,the few other times ive ordered its taken at least 2 weeks from the date of the letter letting me know its been taken to the post.

By Tavarua on Wednesday, August 22, 2001 - 11:35 am: Edit

I hope not. I placed an order today, and am running low. Maybe it's time to start conferring with an old friend, Tangeray.

By Cheri on Wednesday, August 22, 2001 - 10:24 am: Edit

While we're on the subject, has anyone else in the US been waiting a bit longer than usual for their SC order?

By Joshua on Wednesday, August 22, 2001 - 10:06 am: Edit

ive yet to actully taste it,if i have time when i get home i will though.

By Wolfgang on Wednesday, August 22, 2001 - 09:53 am: Edit

Hihi ;-)

By Tabreaux on Wednesday, August 22, 2001 - 09:30 am: Edit

That's funny. My bottle says "Bebida Carne Asada".

By Wolfgang on Wednesday, August 22, 2001 - 09:26 am: Edit

I will check that one tonight... Maybe there`s a relation between this and the new taste (less sugar) I noticed. Have you tasted this ?

By Joshua on Wednesday, August 22, 2001 - 09:08 am: Edit

the other day my order from the corner arrived,safe and sound as usual.later the night i noticed that the old bottle of deva 50% i had is different from the new one,the old one at the top of the label says"bebida anisada" with a green background,but the new one says "aperitf anis"with a black background.if this is old news,then forgive me.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page |Delete Conversation |Close Conversation |Move Conversation