Hi im new here :)

Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Thru December 2001: Hi im new here :)
By Cheri on Monday, September 10, 2001 - 12:45 pm: Edit

OY! After reading this whole thread, I NEED A DRINK!

By Mr_Rabbit on Sunday, September 09, 2001 - 08:43 pm: Edit

So long Artemis! It was nice having you around.

By Verawench on Sunday, September 09, 2001 - 10:22 am: Edit

That's ok, hon, though I still maintain it was not my intent to insult you. I have no reason to do that. As for poor little Hank the Dwarf, well, I think we can all agree he bears no resemblance to you, bunny suit or no bunny suit.

Hank WAS, however, voted the Most Beautiful Person in the World, so it wouldn't have been entirely insulting had I indeed compared you to him.

By Artemis on Sunday, September 09, 2001 - 07:38 am: Edit

"Now, I don't blame you for not watching/listening to the show and not being aware of the Drunken Dwarf, Stern is a moron. But I assure you the Angry Drunken Dwarf who ocassionally wore a pink bunny suit was very real and is now very dead. I CERTAINLY did not have you in mind.
Geez. How you'd make something so absurd as an angry drunken (and dead) dwarf into an insult about you is truly beyond me."

I guess I was anticipating that you would insult me further and looking for it everywhere. I apologize. I think you'll have to admit it was a really from left field thing for you to post in that thread, though. I won't say I've never watched Stern, but I've never seen the dwarf.

By Lordhobgoblin on Saturday, September 08, 2001 - 03:27 pm: Edit

Artemis,

Sorry to see you go. You speak as you feel and don't pander to 'popular' beliefs. We could do with more like you on this forum.

Hobgoblin

By Marc on Saturday, September 08, 2001 - 03:10 pm: Edit

vera,

Howard Stern may not be to your liking, but he ain't no moron.

By Verawench on Saturday, September 08, 2001 - 01:46 pm: Edit

hankthedwarf

By Artemis on Saturday, September 08, 2001 - 01:43 pm: Edit

"The net is beginning to seem like cigarette smoking to me - an addictive drain on personal resources that offers little benefit, yet is very difficult to quit."

Amen to that!! Every word of it. In fact, I would even substitute "this forum" for "the net". Very well said. I know exactly how you feel.

As a parting shot, is anybody taking bets on when Simonsuisse will show the pictures of that hoard of antique Pernod he's keeping in Portla ... er, I mean, London?

By Verawench on Saturday, September 08, 2001 - 01:41 pm: Edit

"VERA:

"Does this mean I get my doggy bag?"

Yes indeed. Filled with doggy shit. On fire. On your front step. Stomp hard!!
Your continued pathetic attempts to insult me (Head Revolution thread) show your real character. By the way, I realize you probably do outweigh me, but I'm five foot ten, not a dwarf by any means, rarely angry, and even more rarely drunk. And I never pretended to wear a bunny suit - a grinch suit fits me just fine and the claws are the best part."

OH MY GOD!! I THINK I'M GONNA DIE LAUGHING!!!!

YOU THOUGHT I WAS TALKING ABOUT YOU????????

Howard Stern's had a side kick who was an Angry Drunken Dwarf. Well, he died and I was reading about that before I made my post to the Head Revolution thread. Now, I don't blame you for not watching/listening to the show and not being aware of the Drunken Dwarf, Stern is a moron. But I assure you the Angry Drunken Dwarf who ocassionally wore a pink bunny suit was very real and is now very dead. I CERTAINLY did not have you in mind.

Geez. How you'd make something so absurd as an angry drunken (and dead) dwarf into an insult about you is truly beyond me.

By Anatomist1 on Saturday, September 08, 2001 - 01:04 pm: Edit

Too bad to see you go Arty. A long time ago, I had a hard time distinguishing you from the long-absent JKK due to some style similarities, but you turned out to be much less of a snob than I reckoned at first. Lately, when the subject wasn't politics, I thought you were a pretty level-headed guy. But, to tell the truth I've mostly lost interest in the forum scene anyway -- partially because all the absinthe that is pratically available to me isn't good enough to be worth the trouble, taste-wise or effect-wise, and it's becoming increasingly hard to wax romantic about it.

I've got a big life-change looming here in which a close relative is going to die -- by the time I come out the other side, I expect to one-up you and be mostly shut of computers and the net altogether. The net is beginning to seem like cigarette smoking to me - an addictive drain on personal resources that offers little benefit, yet is very difficult to quit.

K.

By Chevalier on Saturday, September 08, 2001 - 10:00 am: Edit

Eating crow, Bob Chong? Me? Sure I am. I was wrong. What of it? Have I caused anyone any damage by being wrong? Did I slander anyone? Did I call anyone on this forum an ugly bastard, or accuse him of lying? Have I ever done so? You and Artemis have my respect, and I believe I give it to you both. When I felt, however, that you were were judging someone unjustly, I said so. In this respect, there's no crow to eat.

"Kristy" (the quotation marks are back, obviously) was a more sensible (and, I feel, defensible) persona than her creater, Staticburst. Too bad Staticburst isn't the fictional one; I'd take "Kristy" over him any day. I stand by what I said before: a newbie who doesn't make follow-up posts is not AUTOMATICALLY a troll or a lying fake. A newbie who claims to have an absinthe that's very new to SC is not AUTOMATICALLY a troll or a lying fake. A newbie who writes incorrect information is not AUTOMATICALLY a troll or a lying fake. Why not? Please feel free to check my previous post on the subject.

Staticburst can't screw me over, because I don't give a damn about him. What he can do is screw over the future newbies who aren't perfect, who make mistakes, and who don't consistently re-post ... because some of us, smarting from this troll, might give newbies a lot of hell and no benefit of the doubt. In other words, this troll would use us to screw them. Let's not let him.

--MC

By Artemis on Saturday, September 08, 2001 - 09:24 am: Edit

TROLL:

"Artemis, are you serious? you are proposing a fight with someone who has never even met you?"

Thatís normally something I wouldn't even consider, Zombi Keanu, but I'll make an exception in your case. I assume that's you in the picture next to the skank (tits? what tits?). Regardless, my invitation stands. I'll show you a whole new meaning for "ruin your day". Iíll concede this much, your lastest escapade was your most creative yet; it definitely had me vacillating between being sucked in, or following my first instinct and throwing you into the troll pen without further ado. Youíre not without flair, but you really should channel your energy in a more positive direction.

"I seriously hope little me wasnt enough to make you abandon this forum all together."

You got that right. I was leaving anyway, but I figured that on my way out, I might as well bang on the walls and see if any roaches come out of the cracks.

"thats what happens when you test me, i ruin your day"

I had a fine day. I got a lot of stuff done. Smoked out a troll, for one thing. On my WORST day I'll pass every test you can come up with, punk.

TIMK:

"Artemis, that was uncalled for, unkind, uncharacteristic, and unbecoming of you"

I had nothing to lose. If "Kristy" was not real, which I was 99% certain was the case, not only was no harm done, but a troll might be flushed out, tempted by the smell of a bait more foul than I usually throw out. If she was real, she was nothing but a pimple on the ass of this forum, a poseur coming in here with an obvious, egregious lie about buying absinthe in Chicago (oh give her a break, she made a mistake, it was pastis - yeah right - get real, people) and attacking me for nothing more than being Artemis, which is after all, as Marc pointed out, nothing but a construct, an Internet persona serious about absinthe and with some truth to tell, but theatrical in most other respects. What I told the troll was true in any case. Pictures don't lie. And even Dr. Ordinaire couldnít cure ugly.

ANATOMIST:

"zombie love child of Keanu Reeves and Abe Lincoln's corpse."

I still laugh out loud every time I read that. Anatomist was one of the first here to tell me he flat out didn't like me, and I respect that. He's one intriguing guy, and funny, too.

CHONG:

I really admire a man with both feet on the ground, and at times you stand like Stonewall Jackson.

CHEVALIER:

Saying "I don't believe you" is a hair's breadth away from saying "You're lying." In my book, Kristy has a right to be offended by it.

Did you miss the post wherein I said to "Kristy", "You're a liar"? My only regret is that I didn't say it from the getgo rather than couching it in wishy-washy terms on the remote chance she was real and serious. There are worse things than being an asshole, as Zack (was HE ever 100% correct, with no wasted words!) has confessed to being, and I'm often characterized as being. Being a liar is worse than being an asshole.

MARC:

"I love you babe and can't wait to hang with you in Vegas."

Me too, buddy. Your heartfelt personal concern touches me, I'm not kidding. I will not forget it. And don't be kicking yourself; I was by no means CERTAIN Kristy was the troll.

VERA:

"Does this mean I get my doggy bag?"

Yes indeed. Filled with doggy shit. On fire. On your front step. Stomp hard!!
Your continued pathetic attempts to insult me (Head Revolution thread) show your real character. By the way, I realize you probably do outweigh me, but I'm five foot ten, not a dwarf by any means, rarely angry, and even more rarely drunk. And I never pretended to wear a bunny suit - a grinch suit fits me just fine and the claws are the best part.

ALL:

I was leaving the forum in any case, due to a change in personal circumstances that would have made it difficult to continue, at least in the near future. My disgust with myself for even engaging ďKristyĒ caused me to do it more abruptly and theatrically than I had planned. Hobgoblin was kind enough to respond in detail to my request for clarification on the party line thing, and I will respond. After that, I'm out of here. To those who correspond with me, I'll be around for five days or so. After that, it may be some time before I get to read anything you send, but I'll try to remain in touch.

By Geoffk on Saturday, September 08, 2001 - 04:50 am: Edit

I have to agree, this guy is a pretty pathetic basket case. If you're interested in the subject and you enjoy contributing in discussions, then you should be here. If your only purpose is to see how many people you can fool and for how long (and to make a general nuisance of yourself) then I think you should get a life. And "staticburst", if you're reading this:

1. I DO have a life.
2. I'm here because the topic and people are interesting
3. From everything I've seen, the general intellectual level here is a decade or so above your own. Why don't you learn ancient greek and latin, Japanese, french, chemestry and gunsmithing and then come back to play the elementry school games (nyaa, nyaa neener, neener).
4. Ad hominum attacks are usually not the sign of a great debater.
5. I'm sorry that I wasn't as perceptive as Bob or Artimis. I guess I assumed that nobody would be lame enough to do what you actually did.

-- Geoff K.

By _Blackjack on Saturday, September 08, 2001 - 03:52 am: Edit

Quote:

I feel sorry for the asshole who feels ruining somebody's day is some kind of triumph.

Yeah. It's not like being a dick is much of a challenge. A lot of people do it without even trying.

And,no, Marc, youre not naive. You've just still got enough of 1969 Berkley running through your veins that you retain a little hope that people are fundementally good. That's nothing to be ashamed of, as long as it is tempered with enough punk-rock common-sense cynicism...

By Anatomist1 on Saturday, September 08, 2001 - 01:10 am: Edit

I wasn't really involved, except to point out that that dude in the picture looks like some kind of undead californian gene mishap -- so I came out OK. I haven't been around much lately, but it appears like this drier lint fellow has been given enough chances to move his act down the road. Isn't it about time to mobilize our computer geeks and swat the offending insect? I've heard a lot of extravagant bragging in the past about the horrible electronic wrath our computer wizards can invoke. Time to walk the walk.

K.

By Marc on Saturday, September 08, 2001 - 12:18 am: Edit

I don't feel like a fool.

I'm pissed at myself for criticizing artemis's responses to "kristy". His instincts were right.
He may not have known she was a troll, but he detected that there was a foul vibe emanating from "her" direction.

By Marc on Saturday, September 08, 2001 - 12:10 am: Edit

the shame is the troll turned forumites against each other. That's the most power the needle-dicked, mouthbreather has probably experienced in a long time. We made his day. He's dancing under his bridge and smearing shit all over his pimply hide. What a joyous day for the sick fuck.

By Lordhobgoblin on Saturday, September 08, 2001 - 12:08 am: Edit

Marc,

We have all (with the exception of Zack) been made fools of. But who cares, we're ALL a lot more foolish than we think we are. And anyway what's so bad about being a fool? Is the Fool not the perfected spirit of Man approaching enlightenment?

This episode made me laugh anyway.

Hobgoblin

By Bob_Chong on Friday, September 07, 2001 - 11:46 pm: Edit

Chevalier:

I hope you have a nice, tall glass of Serpis to wash down that crow.

BC

By Marc on Friday, September 07, 2001 - 11:08 pm: Edit

I feel sorry for the asshole who feels ruining somebody's day is some kind of triumph. What a small pathetic person.

By Marc on Friday, September 07, 2001 - 11:06 pm: Edit

zack was right.

man, am I naive.

By Wolfgang on Friday, September 07, 2001 - 10:42 pm: Edit

Hey! I do my (bad) translations myself! (but of course, the more I drink, the less I can translate...)

burp!

By Verawench on Friday, September 07, 2001 - 10:34 pm: Edit

It's fun to have one recurrent troll that likes to shout "FIRE" in a crowded forum, sending some quietly sweeping towards the exits, others screaming orders and panic at the top of their lungs.

When Head takes a Serpis break
When Blackjack actually has to work
When Don is in a good mood
When Marc is howling at the Vegas moon
When Artemis is in the bathroom
When Wench is passed out at her keyboard
When Kallisti's at the hairdresser
When Heiko's stuffing his face with olives and Herring
When Chryssipus is off counting the bills and translating ancient manuscripts
When Ted is off doing something reasonable and useful
When Hobgoblin is stroking his pale whiskers and thumbing through the thesaurus
When Chonger is.. well.. elsewhere
When Wolfgang is busy translating his posts into English at babelfish.com
When Anatomist is shooting at empty beer cans
When Petermarc is galavanting across Europe

There's always... DA TROLL.

By Wolfgang on Friday, September 07, 2001 - 10:24 pm: Edit

Hey guys that's how I feal! Let's do the Harakiri of photo-chop!

barneywolf

By Verawench on Friday, September 07, 2001 - 10:20 pm: Edit

Does this mean I get my doggy bag?

By Verawench on Friday, September 07, 2001 - 10:19 pm: Edit

Hmm... o...k...

Well that was pointless.

By Wolfgang on Friday, September 07, 2001 - 10:12 pm: Edit

...But I still think we should hang Head upside down ;-) .

By Wolfgang on Friday, September 07, 2001 - 10:09 pm: Edit

I think I had too much absinthe tonight and I don't know if I shall fall on the floor laughing or crying...

By Kristy on Friday, September 07, 2001 - 09:45 pm: Edit

Wolfgang: if you think this is a soap, you aint seen nothin yet... ready for the punchline?

I WIN

Artemis: thats what happens when you test me, i ruin your day.

-staticburst

By Wolfgang on Friday, September 07, 2001 - 09:31 pm: Edit

I'll be damn! What a soap!

I'm still not sure if I should thanks Kristy or Head for that one but one thing for sure, I give a huge absinthe point to Chevalier. (the black clad minions will understand where I took that one for sure...).

As for Artemis, remember my theory of the tribe ? Even if you left, one day you will be back dancing with us around the green faery totem. Can't you ear the drums ? ;-)

Kristy : So there's a real world outside ? Is it still possible to breath out there ? One recommendation, to better understand this forum and the strange creatures lurking around here, go read some Alfred Jarry (I just hope there's some good translations out there...). After less than 10 pages you will understand what I mean ;-)

This is a fantastic world...

Ubu-Wolf

By Head_Prosthesis on Friday, September 07, 2001 - 08:53 pm: Edit

The antenna has officially gone up!

By Marc on Friday, September 07, 2001 - 08:34 pm: Edit

Its definitely time to mellow out.

kristy seems like a good soul and deserves to be treated with grace and respect. Some forumites jumped to conclusions about her which now seem to be incorrect. I think a little humble pie may have to be eaten and some apologies forthcoming.

artemis,

I love you babe and can't wait to hang with you in Vegas. Lately, you've seemed a little tightly wound. I think some of your orneriness is deliberately theatrical, You're a provocateur, as am I. Unfortunately some people don't get the joke. Leaving the forum in a huff is beneath you.
You are wise, take the higher path. You may be sexy when you're angry, but you're far more seductive when you're merely intense.

By Chevalier on Friday, September 07, 2001 - 06:37 pm: Edit

Myopia happens.

"One post, no follow up."

Yes, ladies and gentlemen, there is a world beyond our computers, and perhaps Kristy is living in it more than some of us are. It IS conceivable that she hasn't seen -- let alone posted in -- the Absinthe Forum for the past THREE WHOLE DAYS.

"Drinking Serpis 65 three days after it's introduction, two of which were weekend days and the third day being a postal holiday in the U.S.?"

To be exact: three days after its introduction to SC's spirits inventory. Have we forgotten the bad old days when the ONLY way for gringos to get commercially-made absinthe was through travel and Eurofriends? My one and only bottle of Serpis was hand-delivered to me three years ago, by my godfather on his way back from Spain. I asked him to look for absinthe -- any absinthe -- and he found Serpis at a wineshop. Before then, I hadn't even conceived that anyone would dye absinthe red; my first (unspoken) reaction upon seeing the bottle was "WHAT THE HELL ...?" The only thing to do was to thank my godfather and offer him a drink of the stuff. It wasn't so bad. The only absinthe I prefer straight. Watered-down, it makes me gag.

"I wonder how a product with "ABSINTHE" right up front on the label made it into ANY liquor store in the U.S.? Would you care to name the stores? In short, I don't believe you."

How about, "I think you're mistaken"? Isn't it possible that Kristy MISTOOK another Mari Mayans product for absinthe? Can people make MISTAKES? Of course they can. (Not to say that we should encourage mediocrity. On the other hand, who are we to smash people? Does the sun shine out of your ass? Hell, no!)

Saying "I don't believe you" is a hair's breadth away from saying "You're lying." In my book, Kristy has a right to be offended by it.

By Chevalier on Friday, September 07, 2001 - 06:09 pm: Edit

Okay, Kristy, I'm removing the quotes. There's just no good reason to dislike you. You haven't committed any sin or crime here, just stepped on some toes. (Accidentally or not? Only you can say. However, writing "now flame me baby!" didn't exactly discourage what followed.)

By Heiko on Friday, September 07, 2001 - 06:04 pm: Edit

"heiko babe, im not arguing with you."

OK, I'm glad to hear that - I don't know why I started, anyways. Maybe I took the "crazy" to personally (for whatever reason...)

First I said the whole thread seems like an argument about hot air, then I started myself. That was stupid, sorry. I'm out :-)

By Kristy on Friday, September 07, 2001 - 05:57 pm: Edit

lordhobgoblin, thank you for your post :)

as for you MISTER CHONG!!!!!!!

"Examine the evidence and stop looking at "Kristy's" tits. One post, no follow up. Drinking Serpis 65 three days after it's introduction, two of which were weekend days and the third day being a postal holiday in the U.S.?

C'mon, man. You're smarter than that. "

i might have been drinking serpis65 3 days after its introduction to SC, but it has been out in spain for longer than that. del sinc distilleries produce many liquors in spain and are well distributed through the land (if anyone from this forum is from spain im sure you can attest to that). my bf had first spoken of the new serpis around the beginning of august.

but MISTER CHONG, I STILL LOVE YOU :)

By Verawench on Friday, September 07, 2001 - 05:43 pm: Edit

Kristy, dear, just ignore him. Remember what kind of people inevitably resort to insults and threats.

By Kristy on Friday, September 07, 2001 - 05:40 pm: Edit

"Now I start arguing, too: Who said SC is the only place?"

heiko babe, im not arguing with you. i said "for those who think SC is the only place that sells absinthe you are crazy." and if you read through this thread you will see people questioning my honesty about the serpis65

(example: bob chong wrote: "SC is not that fast--order on a Saturday (or more likely, it would be Sunday early in Spain), get the booze on Tuesday? Not likely.")

i never said i ordered from SC, but he (and several others) assumed i did. there are other sources for absinthe, just as you pointed out. :)

kristy

By Kristy on Friday, September 07, 2001 - 05:33 pm: Edit

"You look like you fell out of the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down.
Your boyfriend in the picture is uglier than you are. "

that is fine. im not here to be beautiful, this isnt some beauty contest, i, unlike some others, judge people on what they have to say, not how they look. some people like my looks, you dont. might you bless us with a picture of yourself? as for my boyfriend, sorry he isnt up to your standards. next time i will consult with you before choosing who i get involved with.

"You don't know SHIT about absinthe."

sorry im not an absinthe elitist. i like the drink, i like the history. that is all. if that makes me stupid so be it. i never claimed i was some absinthe brain child.

"As a newbie, how would you know how old I am? "

i said you *seem* like a bitter old man. that does not mean you are. ive also seen grown men *act* like children, even though they are grown men. see what im saying?

"why should anybody here GIVE A FUCK whether your little pale blonde gangly anemic Serpis drinking ass continues here or not? "

why not? because im new? because you think im a liar? whatever your problem with me is (as you called me a liar in your first post directed at me) im sorry you feel that way. im not asking anyone in here to care about me, i just stated whose posts i enjoyed reading enough to keep me lingering around this forum. dont get all worked up Artemis.

"Stick those smile faces up your ass along with your nasty finger, and tell your punk-ass boyfriend if he wants a piece of me to show up in Vegas"

Artemis, are you serious? you are proposing a fight with someone who has never even met you? why are you trying to act so macho? I seriously hope little me wasnt enough to make you abandon this forum all together.

you call me a liar because i mistook mari mayans absinthe with a different mari mayans based liquor? it was an honest mistake and BlackJack pointed it out. you called me a liar right off the bat Artemis. you have said some cruel things in your last post, much more cruel then anything ive yet to say to you. it doesnt affect me, but its still cruel, and i have the feeling you have stooped to a very low level to do so, i may be wrong though. if you want to email me so we can discuss this off the boards i would like that, if not, that is okay too. but i don't want to see you leave the forum because of me. :(

kristy

By Bob_Chong on Friday, September 07, 2001 - 05:19 pm: Edit

Admin:

Does keyword search not work? (Or is it just me?)

BC

By Chevalier on Friday, September 07, 2001 - 04:46 pm: Edit

Me to "Kristy", several days ago:

"You're tempting the gods of flamedom -- oh, how you are tempting them! -- and you don't give a damn."

Still right. The question today, "Kristy", is whether you're flaming us back ... or simply defending yourself. The same question applies to Artemis. It's a thin line at times.

You to the forum:

"now flame me baby!"

Indeed.

By Heiko on Friday, September 07, 2001 - 04:43 pm: Edit

"and for those who think sc is the only place that sells absinthe you are crazy."

Now I start arguing, too: Who said SC is the only place? I have had absinthe bought at very different places, Germany, Switzerland, Portugal. Everybody on this forum knows that absinthe is sold worldwide (we know everything, remember?)

That is something different than saying that a store in Chicago openly sells absinthe. Everything labelled "absinthe" isn't even allowed to cross the borders of the USA - so anybody telling us stories like that is the only one who can be considered crazy.

And don't mess with SC! They are a blessing, even for us Germans, but mostly for you Americans and Australians who couldn't get their absinthe elsewhere.

By Timk on Friday, September 07, 2001 - 04:35 pm: Edit

"You look like you fell out of the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down.

Your boyfriend in the picture is uglier than you are. "

Artemis, that was uncalled for, unkind, uncharacteristic, and unbecoming of you

Tim

By Heiko on Friday, September 07, 2001 - 04:28 pm: Edit

" ps ted: come over with some jade so you can post here and tell everyone how real the "kristy" is. *purr* "

damn, he who has the best absinthe gets all the girls... ;-)

By Wolfgang on Friday, September 07, 2001 - 04:22 pm: Edit

Hoho...maybe she's not Head's puppet after all (I don't think he would have called Artemis like that...).

Hoho... I will get photo-chopped...

Legitimate-Wolf.

By Heiko on Friday, September 07, 2001 - 04:21 pm: Edit

Wow, this thread is really funny - just like in real life. Young, cute, blonde lady comes around and suddenly everybody goes crazy... ;-)
No offense, please, that was just a joke...

I think I missed the part where somebody started arguing, it seems the whole argument came from nowhere .... wait, I found it - it was Hillary's fault. Nobody was arguing until Hillary was mentioned. Let's go and get her!

By Zack on Friday, September 07, 2001 - 04:17 pm: Edit

The little troll is already working on the main course... More appetizer! More apertif!
Perhaps cooked up by a lazy chef in Seattle?

By Artemis on Friday, September 07, 2001 - 03:34 pm: Edit

Before I go, let me tell you what I REALLY think, Kristy bitch, if you are real:

You look like you fell out of the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down.

Your boyfriend in the picture is uglier than you are.

You don't know SHIT about absinthe.

You're a liar.

You came in here asking a bunch of questions, most of which I answered honestly and correctly, on the faint presumption that you were not a troll. Did anybody else answer your questions? No, most people simply wrote you off as a troll or made comments about your ugly boyfriend.

As a newbie, how would you know how old I am?

With respect to Head, who is a valuable member regardless of absinthe, and Wolfgang, who is a legitimate absintheur, and Geoff, who shows promise, why should anybody here GIVE A FUCK whether your little pale blonde gangly anemic Serpis drinking ass continues here or not?

Stick those smile faces up your ass along with your nasty finger, and tell your punk-ass boyfriend if he wants a piece of me to show up in Vegas.

To all others, adios, it's been real.

By Wolfgang on Friday, September 07, 2001 - 03:17 pm: Edit

Ok, she lives in NO and many forumits live there so could someone please meet with Kristy, have a drink of Serpis65 with her and attest of her real life existance here ?

If she's real, houray! we just made a new friend. If she's no where to be found, let's hang the Head upside down with a glass of Slerpis under him and let's give him a straw just too small to be able to sip the red goo <insert eveeel laughing here>.

Now why shall we torture Head even if we have no proof ? Because we need a guilty in this story don't we ?

I love you Head ;-)

By Artemis on Friday, September 07, 2001 - 03:01 pm: Edit

"Artemis: you seem like a bitter old man, dont attack me until you speak with me first please, i really dont like the way you 'spoke' to me in your message, you seem very bitter... oh.. whats that ????"

I'm older than you.

I didn't attack you, I asked you to name the liquor stores in Chicago that sell absinthe. I see you haven't done it.

Take your middle finger and stick it up your ass. Stick it up Vera's ass. I don't care. I see it's your most intelligent means of expression.

I'm out of here. I don't need this shit.

By Emmy on Friday, September 07, 2001 - 02:53 pm: Edit

you heard him, Head. time to fire up your photoshop :)

By Chevalier on Friday, September 07, 2001 - 02:46 pm: Edit

Ohhhhhhh ... Kriiiisty ... you're the St. Pauli girl of Serpis!

By Kristy on Friday, September 07, 2001 - 02:38 pm: Edit

hi. geez, leave for a couple days, come back, and im already some devious puppet troll and my thread has ppl @ each others throats :( be happy :)

anyways, my serpis65 is a delight, and for those who think sc is the only place that sells absinthe you are crazy. my exbf (who still remains my best friend) has been living in madrid for the last 4 months and has been sending me my absinthe lately, the last package, i might mention, contained the 2 serpis65 bottles. call me a liar fine, it really doesnt ruin my day, but there is no point in me coming here and saying that if it wasnt true. it seems they have done more to the serpis than just up'd the alcohol content, it has a certain different flavor, i like it much more. you guys will see for yourself, i think you wont be let down. :) as for my mari mayans assumption, i think BlackJack is probably right. thanks. :)

Artemis: you seem like a bitter old man, dont attack me until you speak with me first please, i really dont like the way you 'spoke' to me in your message, you seem very bitter... oh.. whats that ???? its my middle finger! oh lord! its right in your face! :) :) :) (please flame me pwease)

as to Vera, head, wolfgang, geoff, and others, i love reading your posts and its the reason i will continue here.

byyyyyyyyyye

ps ted: come over with some jade so you can post here and tell everyone how real the "kristy" is :)

*purr*

By Lordhobgoblin on Friday, September 07, 2001 - 02:32 pm: Edit

Artemis,

OK as I see it the 'Party Line' is something like as follows (and no disrespect to anyone at all on this forum whether they follow the 'Party Line' or not).

The 12 Principles are as follows :

1. Secondary effects of absinthe are largely a figment of the imagination.

2. The only mind-altering drug present in absinthe is alcohol.

3. Thujone is not responsible for any mind-altering effects of absinthe (and is in fact quite irrelevant).

4. Jade absinthe is the only modern product existing that in any way comes close to a true traditional absinthe (no offence intended towards Don or Ted as 2 out of the 3 Jade absinthes I have tasted are IMHO quite superb, but then that's my personal taste).

5. Any absinthe hailing from the Czech Republic is mouthwash.

6. Any absinthe hailing from France, Andorra or Portugal is poor.

7. Any absinthe hailing from Spain is mediocre (with the exception of Segarra, which is slightly better than mediocre).

8. The homebrewing/distilling of absinthe is to be actively discouraged, as is the home production of absinthe by steeping herbs etc. At all times we should actively discourage anyone from attempting these practises.

9. We should not discuss the possibility that absinthe may have mind-altering or psychoactive properties. Any such discussions should be crushed as quickly as possible.

10. We should not discuss 'drugs' on the forum.

11. The Absinthe Forum is the font of all knowledge regarding absinthe. Those who post here are infinitely more knowledgable about absinthe than those who are not members of this forum.

12. Anyone who deviates from belief in the above clauses is quite obviously a fool and should defer to those who quite are much wiser than he/she is.

No offence intended towards anyone on this forum as all of you (with an extremely small number of exceptions, and you Artemis are not one of these exceptions) I have respect for and count as friends.

Hobgoblin
(The Pro-thujone Party actively disputes all of the above 12 Principles.)

By Bob_Chong on Friday, September 07, 2001 - 12:45 pm: Edit

Hob:

Examine the evidence and stop looking at "Kristy's" tits. One post, no follow up. Drinking Serpis 65 three days after it's introduction, two of which were weekend days and the third day being a postal holiday in the U.S.?

C'mon, man. You're smarter than that.

BC

By Heiko on Friday, September 07, 2001 - 12:22 pm: Edit

"Those on this forum don't have all the answers"

That's wrong - not only that we know everything, no, we know everything BETTER!

By Wolfgang on Friday, September 07, 2001 - 12:14 pm: Edit

Even if I drank from the Holy grail, that doesn't mean I'm not crazy enaugh to order a bottle of Serpis 65 ;-) (it's just not so urgent now because I know it won't be that good...But I'm still curious)

By Wolfgang on Friday, September 07, 2001 - 12:10 pm: Edit

Well that's why I put the smilley... (damn we'r using this forum as a chat!)

By Wolfgang on Friday, September 07, 2001 - 12:08 pm: Edit

He's talking about the "secondary effect" of Absinthe.

Personaly I don't think it's a party line. It's just that it's subtle. Some people feal it, some people don't, that's all.

By Artemis on Friday, September 07, 2001 - 12:07 pm: Edit

If I've learned nothing else I've learned it's foolish to talk of free samples here.

I wish everybody could taste what I've been fortunate to taste, but there's no way I could procure enough of it to go around. That's just one reason I shouldn't have even mentioned it, not to mention it pissed Vera off even further, which was not my intent.

Wolfgang, you've met Ted, so it's unlikely you're going to encounter any better absinthe. Time will bring just about everybody here into contact with fine absinthe I think, and then discussions of Deva and Serpis will be history.

By Wolfgang on Friday, September 07, 2001 - 12:01 pm: Edit

Ho by the way, Artemis, I'm a nice guy and I can write nice reviews so if you don't know where to send this nice little box of samples I will give you an address ;-)

By Artemis on Friday, September 07, 2001 - 12:01 pm: Edit

"There is a 'Party Line' on absinthe from many on this forum that quite frankly stinks (even though the forumites who 'believe' it do not stink)."

Hobgoblin, with all respect, it occurs to me that newcomers, and perhaps the whole forum, would be better served if you were to elucidate this "party line" in detail. Even if that elicits no discussion or response from the alleged party line's proponents or opponents, at least everybody would know what you're talking about. I for one have no idea what you consider to be the "party line".

By Wolfgang on Friday, September 07, 2001 - 11:58 am: Edit

When I was a child I used to talk to my teddy bear and my little furry green puppet frog... Now I just think it's cute when I see adults talking to puppet.

Come one Head, we know you'r pulling the strings ;-) Now could you make your new red puppet write a review of the new Serpis ?

and Kristy, just in case you'r not Head's puppet troll, don't be affraid, we'r crazy but we don't bite too hard (HA fuck, what am I doing talking to a puppet at 28 !)

By Artemis on Friday, September 07, 2001 - 11:47 am: Edit

"I thought Pata was clever. Didn't I already say that?"

Clever? He repeated a phrase I wrote and changed some pronouns. That's clever? He wasn't clever; he took a spiteful and obvious slap at me for no reason at all and you applauded him. Didn't I already say that?

"Ask yourself what the intention is in mentioning a gift you were never going to send anyway."

I WAS going to send it. I don't have to ask myself why I mentioned it. I mentioned it to show you that your agreement with a person who called me contemptuous was off the mark.

"So here's what I'll do: I'll go back to ignoring you, as I've tried to do before."

I hand you an olive branch and you're still spitting and hissing? Kiss my ass. I don't give a shit what you do.

By Lordhobgoblin on Friday, September 07, 2001 - 11:40 am: Edit

Kristy,

Welcome to the forum. You're a Serpis drinker and that's a damn fine character reference as far as I'm concerned.

It's amazing how a newcomer can be attacked and even called a troll for doing nothing else other than expressing her opinion and asking a few questions (and forumites say we are welcoming to newcomers here!!!).

Ignore all of them and speak as you please. Those on this forum don't have all the answers (forumites know a hell of a lot less than they think they do). There is a 'Party Line' on absinthe from many on this forum that quite frankly stinks (even though the forumites who 'believe' it do not stink).

And don't let anyone try to tell you that secondary effects are not very real and that the only effects of absinthe are due to alcohol. We all know this is all a load of crap, Serpis is proof enough of this.

Hobgoblin

By Lordhobgoblin on Friday, September 07, 2001 - 11:28 am: Edit

"I've never fully understand the venom which is unleashed towards Hillary"

Because she's a devious self-serving manipulative bitch trading on her husband's position, she cares only for her career and nothing for those she's supposed to serve.

I'd maybe not go so far as fucking her up the ass and strangling her but she is a bitch.

Hobgoblin

By Verawench on Friday, September 07, 2001 - 11:21 am: Edit

Artemis - when did I agree with ANYTHING that was said about you? Jesus. I feel like I'm trying to stuff a pacifier in your mouth and you keep spitting it out. I thought Pata was clever. Didn't I already say that?

"But I shouldn't haven't have even mentioned it."

Ask yourself what the intention is in mentioning a gift you were never going to send anyway.

"Let's forget about it and go forward in friendly fashion, okay?"

So here's what I'll do: I'll go back to ignoring you, as I've tried to do before. Complete lack of communication or, for that matter, any reference to your person, seems like the best way to avoid your wrath.

By Artemis on Friday, September 07, 2001 - 08:11 am: Edit

"What did you expect me to do, Artemis? Go cry into my pillow?"

No, but that doggie bag analogy was really crude. Talk about looking a gift horse in the mouth. But I shouldn't haven't have even mentioned it.

"Are we two different when it comes to liberties in truth telling?"

Probably not. I saw you as agreeing with an inaccurate and spiteful characterization of me, but that's your privelege. Let's forget about it and go forward in friendly fashion, okay?

By Mr_Rabbit on Friday, September 07, 2001 - 02:57 am: Edit

"Mr. Rabbi: Itís time to blow shit up, the leprechaun told me so."

Oy! This is so obviously untrue. If you had a clue, you would know that the Rabbits are by nature unconcerned with such Irish fae.

I mean, really! The Leprechauns have been reduced to hucking WHEAT PRODUCTS for money! As if we would associate with such cereal merchants!

Besides, evereybody knows the little bastard's genitals were amputated in that potato-harvesting-machine accident. Nobody who knows anything is after his Lucky Charms at this point.

By Verawench on Thursday, September 06, 2001 - 06:46 pm: Edit

What did you expect me to do, Artemis? Go cry into my pillow?

Are we two different when it comes to liberties in truth telling?

By Artemis on Thursday, September 06, 2001 - 10:00 am: Edit

"Please feel free to insult me and feel bad about it later. I want some guilt-sinthe."

I didn't insult her, I just told her the truth, but I felt a little bad about how it might have been perceived. It would have been nothing more than a gift, but as she's happy licking her middle finger I'm content to let it rest there too.

As to you, if there' anything left after my meeting with Peter in a few days, I'll see what I can do.

By _Blackjack on Thursday, September 06, 2001 - 09:41 am: Edit

Quote:

Blackjack, that was a fine story.

Can you actually still see that post? It seems to have been eaten by the ether bunnies.

If anybody else missed it, I spun a little tale about the time my pal Johnny shot a beer can off somebody's head.

The fact that my pal Johnny is still alive and not in jail seems proof enough for me that there must be some saint or angel looking out for crazy old punk rockers. I can't believe he's now a homeowner...

By Tavarua on Thursday, September 06, 2001 - 08:21 am: Edit

Thank you. Now I shall jet off to London and party with the Stones, (Spicolli) or maybe Iíll just stay at work and make the world a better place.

By Chevalier on Thursday, September 06, 2001 - 07:55 am: Edit

Tavarua, Truman Capote would have classified your work (along with Kerouac's) as "mere typing." Screw him. He didn't know GREAT typing from a sow's belly.

I bow down before your silly keyboard!

By Absinthedrinker on Thursday, September 06, 2001 - 07:44 am: Edit

Hmm, in that case what if I throw in a picture of Cameron Diaz?

By Tavarua on Thursday, September 06, 2001 - 07:36 am: Edit

Thatíll be three-fitty.

By Absinthedrinker on Thursday, September 06, 2001 - 07:32 am: Edit

So awesome, it has to be true. If I send you some pictures of Laetitia Casta do you think you could knock something together in your garage for me?

By Tavarua on Thursday, September 06, 2001 - 07:19 am: Edit

Actually I made Kristy in my garage with some power tools, a few magazine cutouts, a Barbie Doll, a computer and some lightning, all while wearing a bra on my head. This is a painful subject to talk about, rout with peril and tribulation.

You see, my parents went on vacation for a while and me and my buddy were never quite the ladies men, so we said hay, lets make us a lady. Anyway, to make a long story short, she made us popular, we had a party, scored with some hotties, she turned my brother into a pile of gue, and we got nice cars. Anyway, after Kristy found out that we had cheated on her, she left for California. It was there that she fell into the shady ďAbsinthe SeenĒ. She partied with her new friends for some time until they all died of epileptic fits or went blind. It was at this time that she traveled across the country dealing this elicit substance in order to finance her Absinthe driven baby killing spree.

One day, she arrived in the windy city were she fell into the arms of an fully erect, Curious George like man, simply known as ďHeadĒ. Head explained to her that this was just a phase in her life, a phase that all of us Absinthe drinkers go through. They lived together for a while until Kristy found a bunch of love letters from a female caller named Vera. They had a huge argument and Kristy threatened to move out. At this point, all of Headís pent up Absinthe rage that he had been tucking away for years came out. He grabbed 64 Oz Slerpi cup and put it over Kristiís head. Head knew that Kristi was the only one who could identify his true appearance and threatened that if she ever left him, he would beat her with a tuna until she was thoroughly dead.

Little did Head know that Kristy was talking with a guy named Ted from N.O. and he promised to love her and feed her need for the deadly brew. So, one day, while Head and Kristy where sailing with a new neighbor by the name of Artemis, a huge storm kicked up and Kristy was thrown from the vessel. Head was deeply distraught, as he knew Kristy could not swim. But, what he didnít know was that for the past few months, she had taking swimming lessons at the local Y and overcame her fear of water. While Head and Artemis were scouring the lake for Kristyís body, she was calmly swimming for shore.

She got to shore, packed up some things, and took off before they got back to shore. Kristy got on a bus and rode it all the way to N.O., where she met up with Ted and they settled down together. Ted is currently financing her education and putting food on the table by throwing elaborate parties and making laudanum.

Anyway, that is the story. Tomorrow, I will discuss the time I conquered all the dragons and saved Lady Guinavere from certain marriage.

By Heiko on Thursday, September 06, 2001 - 06:47 am: Edit

"Was it you, Head? "Kristy"'s cuddly references to Serpis point accusingly in your direction ..."

Do you really think Head would be that stupid?

By Alphasoixante on Thursday, September 06, 2001 - 06:44 am: Edit

"I still have yet to hear anyone cite anything Hillary has done which isn't entirely consistant with the behavior of her male counterparts."

the trouble is that her behavior IS consistent with her male counterparts: she behaves as though she had a penis. and she could have procured a penis only by amputating someone else's. consequently many little boys are very frightened that if she did it once, she'll do it again--this time to them--and they relieve their terror by periodically spewing hatred and and paranoia.

By Chevalier on Thursday, September 06, 2001 - 06:29 am: Edit

Not that this matters at all, but ...
FESS UP. WHO HERE INVENTED L "KRISTY" L ???

Was it you, Head? "Kristy"'s cuddly references to Serpis point accusingly in your direction ...

By Bob_Chong on Wednesday, September 05, 2001 - 10:56 pm: Edit

Artemis:

Please feel free to insult me and feel bad about it later. I want some guilt-sinthe.

BC

By Anatomist1 on Wednesday, September 05, 2001 - 10:22 pm: Edit

The problem with y'all and all your bickering: too much I, too much me, me, me. You're still stuck in the 'me' generation. This is the new millenium man, and we're now in the 'we' generation. Today's man is not so selfish - he'll proudly display his we-ness.

K.

By Verawench on Wednesday, September 05, 2001 - 09:37 pm: Edit

Is that your idea of blowing me a raspberry, Artemis? Or flicking a booger? *clap clap clap*

Do let me say that I was merely commenting on Pata's cleverly worded come-back. See, you might be interested to know that I have no opinion whatsoever about your person or intelligence. I don't know you.

Also, I don't need the scraps from your doggy bag, darling, I am doing just dandy. Thank you for the thought though.

Wench and her middle finger

By Head_Prosthesis on Wednesday, September 05, 2001 - 07:11 pm: Edit

YOU ALL BETTER JUST STEP OFF, MY BUDDY ARTEMIS!

I am the right hand of God, the left hand of the Spirit and the face of JESUS. I shit the DEVIL and come the Gospel.

If you fuck with Artemis you fuck yourself...

LETS GET IT ON!!!

By Artemis on Wednesday, September 05, 2001 - 06:51 pm: Edit

"POW!!! WHAM! BULL'S EYE! and above all, LOL!"

The only POW and WHAM you heard was the sound of "Pata's" ass hitting the floor as he aimed a kick at a dog whose swiftness he vastly underestimated.

Are you still pissed off because I told you that you weren't prepared to discuss Deva vs. Jade until you had actually TASTED Jade? No insult was intended, it seemed like sheer logic to me.

All the same, I had been feeling a little bad about that episode and was getting ready to offer to send you, at no cost whatsoever, samples of several of the best absinthes in the world so you could see for yourself what I was talking about. You can fuck off now. I'll double Head's share instead.

By Artemis on Wednesday, September 05, 2001 - 06:15 pm: Edit

Blackjack, that was a fine story.

I remember up in Oregon, two guys tried the beercan on the head trick. I don't recall if a bow or crossbow was involved, but the guy with the can on his head took an arrow (or bolt) between the eyes. Incredibly, he survived.

By Artemis on Wednesday, September 05, 2001 - 06:12 pm: Edit

"Well, actually, I was thinking of you, Artemis."

NO SHIT? You really think that was lost on me? You haven't voted for me, I haven't offered to serve you, therefore I can't be compared to a politician living off your tax dollars. That was MY point.

As to my attitude toward people in this forum, you haven't a clue and any generalization you imagine about it is fantasy on your part. For most of them, it's complete respect. In your case it's complete indifference. You'd at least have to hold my attention before I would hold you in contempt.

Head, you know how I feel about you.

By Perruche_Verte on Wednesday, September 05, 2001 - 06:07 pm: Edit

Blackjack,

Yeah, in case someone didn't figure out that I was kidding around (mostly), here's a link to a set of essays on breath control play and why it's probably not worth it.

members.aol.com/OldRope/breamain.htm

PV

By Head_Prosthesis on Wednesday, September 05, 2001 - 05:48 pm: Edit

Somewhere in this thread, I sense an "I win" coming...

By Head_Prosthesis on Wednesday, September 05, 2001 - 05:45 pm: Edit

Untrue! I'm an idiot. Artemis hasn't got a problem with me.

Isn't that right, Artemis?

Artemis?

Yoo hoo!!!

By Pataphysician on Wednesday, September 05, 2001 - 05:39 pm: Edit

Hmmm. Who else might this be said about?

"I perceive in [him] a contempt for everybody [he] considers to be not on [his] level intellectually, and that's just about everybody..."

Well, actually, I was thinking of you, Artemis.

By Artemis on Wednesday, September 05, 2001 - 04:09 pm: Edit

"Hmmm. Who else might this be said about?"

As long as they aren't masquerading as "public servants", I couldn't care less.

By Verawench on Wednesday, September 05, 2001 - 03:44 pm: Edit

Pata,

POW!!! WHAM! BULL'S EYE! and above all, LOL!

Leave Hillary alone. She's my role model.

By _Blackjack on Wednesday, September 05, 2001 - 01:30 pm: Edit

And besides, the "bastards" story dates back to radio days. It's an easy way to smear a public figure:

http://www.snopes2.com/radiotv/radio/bastards.htm

By Pataphysician on Wednesday, September 05, 2001 - 01:29 pm: Edit

Hmmm. Who else might this be said about?

"I perceive in [him] a contempt for everybody [he] considers to be not on [his] level intellectually, and that's just about everybody..."

By Tavarua on Wednesday, September 05, 2001 - 01:26 pm: Edit

Ah yes, the Brachial Stun. One of my personal favorites.

By _Blackjack on Wednesday, September 05, 2001 - 01:16 pm: Edit

I messed around with a girl in college who liked to be choked to unconsciousness during sex. My years of martial-arts training meant I knew how to do it quickly and relatively safely (cutting off circulation without blocking airflow), but dammit, even then it's still not safe. There's always a chance that the person will stop breathing or, more likely, seize as they regain consciousness. On the one hand, I figured it was better having me do it than some idiot who'd squeeze her windpipe, but on the other hand, I kept having visions of having to explan to the police why there was a dead, naked girl in my bed. It didn't last too long. Last I saw of her, she had decided to follow the Dead, about 6 months before Jerry died...

I still have yet to hear anyone cite anything Hillary has done which isn't entirely consistant with the behavior of her male counterparts.

By Artemis on Wednesday, September 05, 2001 - 12:14 pm: Edit

Strangle Jerry Lewis too for all I give a shit. No big loss.

Hillary has done nothing to make me believe she is incapable of saying that quote, and much to convince me she would have no problem at all saying it. Why would it NOT be true? Ever heard of Billy Dale?

But life is too short to talk about Hillary and I'm not going to do it anymore - I didn't start it; I was addressing a newbie whom I suspected MIGHT be a troll in partly sarcastic and partly serious terms. The Hillary line was not serious - it was like spitting on the sidewalk - hardly worth debating.

By Perruche_Verte on Wednesday, September 05, 2001 - 11:57 am: Edit

"No one deserves to be fucked up the ass and strangled."

Only if they've been very, very good. At last as regards the "fucked up the ass" part.

I understand being strangled just right, with or without being fucked up the ass, can be extremely pleasurable sexually. The trick is not (quite) killing yourself, or anyone else. Every year a few young men try this solo with forklifts, block and tackle, etc. and get written up in the papers.

Hillary's hot. I might fuck her ass if she asked nicely. Don't know about strangling her, though.

Oh, she has politics too? Cool.

By Admin on Wednesday, September 05, 2001 - 11:56 am: Edit

Quote:

I heard that same story about Jerry Lewis and some kids

Actually, I heard that story about Jerry Lewis too ... to the tee.

By Don_Walsh on Wednesday, September 05, 2001 - 10:51 am: Edit

I stand with Artemis. Hillary is an evil malicious bitch and always was.

Artemis: (to the rest of you) "Where have you been for the last two years?"

Well, I've been far far away from anyplace governed by ths Hill n' Bill Show. Thanks goodness.

By Anatomist1 on Wednesday, September 05, 2001 - 10:15 am: Edit

Artemis,

Come on. I heard that same story about Jerry Lewis and some kids on his telethon 15 years ago. In fact the exact phrase used was "OK. Get those little bastards off the stage." The fact that you would believe such an obvious contrivance sounds more like a symptom of your feelings about the woman than a cause of them.

K.

By Tavarua on Wednesday, September 05, 2001 - 09:42 am: Edit

Never waste good liquor. Give it to the homeless or at least some school children for heavens sake.

By Melinelly on Wednesday, September 05, 2001 - 09:34 am: Edit

"I afraid that you do not care for La Fee."

d'oh. guess i'll go pour those bottles down the drain now heh.

By Tavarua on Wednesday, September 05, 2001 - 09:27 am: Edit

Mel,

Sorry if I misinterpreted. However, I still have to run this past proper representation in order to clarify. Unfortunately, until this can be cleared up, my ruling stands. I afraid that you do not care for La Fee.

As for the other issue. Sorry man, not my cup of tea. I am more a fuzzy, lap flounder fan.

By Melinelly on Wednesday, September 05, 2001 - 09:14 am: Edit

Tav, i didn't say i hated La Fee. it's a fine drink in it's own right. a little thick, but good... just that after several hours of puking due to food poisoning that happened to be after a night of la fee and deva drinking that there's a certain flavor that hits me wrong now. kinda like how i can't stomach whiskey much now.

as for sex... well, you busy tonight, Tav? ;)

By _Blackjack on Wednesday, September 05, 2001 - 09:11 am: Edit

Quote:

I'm sure no one wants to touch Hillary's precious anus.

I think she's hot.

By Tavarua on Wednesday, September 05, 2001 - 09:03 am: Edit

Please note,

The comments below are my own interpretation of what was said by said individual about said newbie. If you disagree with what has been said as an interpretation you have thirty days to contest. Otherwise, my translation will stand as the truth. Do not attempt to contact me directly if dispute arises. You will need to file a claim and contact my lawyer. However, he is out of town for the next thirty days and will not be able to respond until he is back. Snuggins.

By Artemis on Wednesday, September 05, 2001 - 08:31 am: Edit

Okay, if you're asking me why I have more contempt for her than any other woman with the same politics, or any other person with the same politics, I suppose it IS a question of style, although I'm not sure style is the right word.

I perceive in her a contempt for everybody she considers to be not on her level intellectually, and that's just about everybody, including the vast majority of those whose votes she courts.

Didn't you read about the media event she threw at the governor's house in Arkansas, before Bill became president, where all these black children had been invited so she could have her picture taken with them as their loving benefactor? She was then overheard to say to a flunky, "Okay, get these little bastards out of here quickly now".
I would have more respect David Duke for saying what he *really* thinks. At least he's not hiding anything.

Maybe it's not so much what she is, but how vast the gap is between what she *really* is and what she pretends to be. And how she smugly assumes people will keep buying into it. Now you're probably going to say all politicians are like that. But I don't think they are.

By Marc on Wednesday, September 05, 2001 - 08:14 am: Edit

Artemis,

I still don't understand what Hillary has DONE that makes you hate her so. Is it just a question of style?

By Artemis on Wednesday, September 05, 2001 - 08:07 am: Edit

"Disliking Hillary is one thing. Suggesting that she be anally raped and murdered is another.
Nobody here has yet explained why she inspires such loathing."

If I have to explain it, you're not ever going to get it. Where have you been for the last ten years? I don't understand how anybody could take any view of her other than as vermin to be stepped on, because she is one of the most contemptible (sp?) human beings on the planet. Worse even than that puppet, her "husband", whose strings she pulled in the White House.

"Yeah, she's a politician."

She's a bitch. A hateful, hate-filled, ball-busting bitch.

"But, why single her out."

I didn't. Someone else brought her up, not me. If another hateful, ball-busting bitch had been mentioned, I might have responded; I can't say.

"Do I detect a bit of misogyny?"

Yeah, right. I hate women and they hate me. Ask the ones in this forum who've met me.

"Jennifer, my wife, thinks you guys are sexually repressed and mirroring your own needs."

There's nothing repressed about me, sexually or otherwise.

By Tavarua on Wednesday, September 05, 2001 - 06:20 am: Edit

Little do you all know, there is a pole being taken place right know.

Survey Says:

Vera: Finally, our womanly influence is growing. It will not be long before we take over this forum and show those man pigs who is really in charge.

Chevalier: Ohh, sheís pirty.

Head: Back off Chev, sheís mine.

Timba: (wait, who the hell is Timba)

Melinelly: Welcome child, come in and sit down. You hate La Fee, I hate La Fee, lets have sex.

Artemis: Her head would sure look good on a plaque over my fireplace.

Mr. Rabbi: Itís time to blow shit up, the leprechaun told me so.

BlackJack: A fair maiden in distress, I shall come to her aide.

Bob: You are eveel. I donít believe you and further more, are deservant of troll status.

Marc: I am sure there is dirty joke in there somewhere. Thatís it, Iíve got it.

Zack: Meow meow meow meow, meow meow meow meow, meow meow meow meow meow meow meow eow eow eow eow.

Greenhour: SHHH, the secret service is listening and they have Spy Tech.

By Geoffk on Tuesday, September 04, 2001 - 11:40 pm: Edit

Yes, I have to agree thats improbably quick.

And no I'm nor Kristy. When I impersonate a lady, the picture I post will look like Jun Kusanagi or Fujiwara Norika. If I7m going to pretend, I might as well go all the way...

-- Geoff K.

By Bob_Chong on Tuesday, September 04, 2001 - 11:23 pm: Edit

SC is not that fast--order on a Saturday (or more likely, it would be Sunday early in Spain), get the booze on Tuesday? Not likely.

Maybe you are Kristy, Geoff K(risty).

By Geoffk on Tuesday, September 04, 2001 - 11:15 pm: Edit

MM in Chiago could be her memory playing tricks on her or some kind of MM pastis, as Blackjack suggested. I have to agree though, she must have gotten Serpis 65 pretty quickly, if she has it now. That thread only started on Sept.1--less than a week ago.

I still think she's pretty innocuous if she's a troll, though.

-- Geoff K.

By Greenhour on Tuesday, September 04, 2001 - 11:09 pm: Edit

Look how we decend upon a new admission, like vultures caping down on a carcass.
BTW, Hilary is doing fine in her new role up in Westchester. She's making sure she hits all the best parties.
Thank the maker!!!

By Bob_Chong on Tuesday, September 04, 2001 - 10:56 pm: Edit

Agreed, Marc. I just wanted to make a double entendre.

And trolls should be ignored rather than cornholed. The whole thread reeks of trolldom. Mayans in Chicago? Drinking Serpis 65, which has been available at SC for what, three days? Et cetera.

BC

By Zack on Tuesday, September 04, 2001 - 10:55 pm: Edit

Marc,

The Hillary jab was as extreme as it was hilarious (to myself anyway). I'm sure no one wants to touch Hillary's precious anus.

By Head_Prosthesis on Tuesday, September 04, 2001 - 10:52 pm: Edit

Hi Jennifer!

By Head_Prosthesis on Tuesday, September 04, 2001 - 10:51 pm: Edit

I need Hillary as she is, but wanton.

By Marc on Tuesday, September 04, 2001 - 10:50 pm: Edit

Disliking Hillary is one thing. Suggesting that she be anally raped and murdered is another.
Nobody here has yet explained why she inspires such loathing. Yeah, she's a politician. But, why single her out. Do I detect a bit of misogyny?

Jennifer, my wife, thinks you guys are sexually repressed and mirroring your own needs.

By Geoffk on Tuesday, September 04, 2001 - 10:38 pm: Edit

Um, yeah. That's how I read it. Here's the original quote:

"it seems that a lot of people really loved the Sergatta until the post "the man from chert" came out which revealed the simplicity of the recipe. now it seems some some say its 'barely' an absinthe. bleh!"

She never says that SHE feels that way. "some some" people are saying it. And the "bleh" means she disagrees with them (I think).

As for Hilary, I don't like her either. Although, I'm not sure what "mystique" Hills had for me to start with. Maybe Hilary DESERVES to drink Hills--by the case.

-- Geoff K.

By Bob_Chong on Tuesday, September 04, 2001 - 10:32 pm: Edit

She said all that? You must be pretty good at interpreting all those winkey-smileys.

I saw a troll, getting in line "behind" Hillary.

BC

By Geoffk on Tuesday, September 04, 2001 - 10:29 pm: Edit

Bob, I think you're misreading what she said. What I think she said is "Some people (like Geoff K.) are criticizing Segarra now because it's just anise and wormwood (i.e. not very complex). "bleh" to those people. They should just shut up and drink it."

Which is fair enough. I can certainly sympathize with that.

-- Geoff K.

By Zack on Tuesday, September 04, 2001 - 10:05 pm: Edit

Wow Vera, there's a post I actually liked from you. You don't come across as quite so naive when you drop the verse.

By Verawench on Tuesday, September 04, 2001 - 09:56 pm: Edit

Zack,

Ah, but Kristy will never be the local loser. The title is already taken. Wear it proudly.

By Marc on Tuesday, September 04, 2001 - 09:56 pm: Edit

Artemis,

what kinda pain are you in?
Nobody needs to be fucked in the ass and strangled. What the fuck has Hillary done to you?

Try converting some of that hate into something more positive. Try jerking-off.

By Bob_Chong on Tuesday, September 04, 2001 - 09:56 pm: Edit

"Trip, trap, trip, trap, trip, trap."

"Who is that walking on my bridge?"

Even if she's not a troll, she just about shit on the Man from Chert, which makes her a cunt in my book. (Although I can completely imagine her thick Chicago accent when she says, "Sergatta" [sic].)

So where's the Mayans? Name names. Five or six places? Name two.

BC

By Geoffk on Tuesday, September 04, 2001 - 09:43 pm: Edit

If she's a troll, she's doing a pretty bad job. Nothing that she's said is really that inflammatory. Moreover, she's read (at a minimum) the new Serpis thread, the Man from Chert thread and some of the Jade and poll/ranking threads. So she would be a fairly well-informed troll as well.

Disliking Hilary Clinton is a big positive for me. THAT women is the real fake.

Besides the fact that women are underrepresented here and she really likes smileys, what would make you think she's a fake/troll?

-- Geoff K.

By Zack on Tuesday, September 04, 2001 - 09:29 pm: Edit

The forum may be kinder and gentler nowadays, but I'm still an asshole. So, I will be the first to say it (directly)...I think Kristy is fake, a troll, if you like.

By _Blackjack on Tuesday, September 04, 2001 - 09:16 pm: Edit

I've never fully understand the venom which is unleashed towards Hillary. I mean, one might rightly question her qualifications for national office (the same could be said for our president), but I can't see what she's done to make her so hated. She certainly hasn't done anything most MALE politicians haven't done, except for the whole marrying-for-power thing, and you certainly don't hear people saying Elenore Roosevelt should have been ass-raped and murdered...

But what do I know? I actually support socialized health care...

But, anyway, hi Kristy. Nice to have another blue-head around.

As for the Mari Mayans question, MM does make a non-absinthe product, Hierbas Ibicencas, which might be what you saw. Was it neon green or kinda amber? I would be VERY surprized to see anything labeled "absinthe" being sold above-board in the US, regardless of it's content.

By Mr_Rabbit on Tuesday, September 04, 2001 - 08:48 pm: Edit

The people in the picture look so unhappy.

Especially the lady on the left.

Where is a suicide bomber when you need one?

By Head_Prosthesis on Tuesday, September 04, 2001 - 07:56 pm: Edit

It's kinder, gentler, "wait till they feel at home before we drink their blood" Forum.

By Anatomist1 on Tuesday, September 04, 2001 - 07:53 pm: Edit

How come nobody's made fun of that guy in Kristy's picture yet? He looks like the zombie love child of Keanu Reeves and Abe Lincoln's corpse.

K.

By Frater_Carfax on Tuesday, September 04, 2001 - 06:56 pm: Edit

I'm trying hard not to break into a chorus of "A Little Ray of Sunshine"

By Head_Prosthesis on Tuesday, September 04, 2001 - 04:57 pm: Edit

Kristy,

Don't think we aren't all sitting around checking out your picture in pleasured silence, right Vera?

Head_prosthesis

By Chevalier on Tuesday, September 04, 2001 - 04:41 pm: Edit

Last try. my picture

By Chevalier on Tuesday, September 04, 2001 - 04:39 pm: Edit

Here she is, boys, sharing a table with Havel and Hill's. Tup away! my picture

By Chevalier on Tuesday, September 04, 2001 - 04:37 pm: Edit

Here she (Hilary) is, boys, sharing a table with Havel and Hill's. Tup away! 1,my picture

By Chevalier on Tuesday, September 04, 2001 - 04:26 pm: Edit

If Kristy didn't exist, one of us would have had to invent her. (And maybe someone DID!)

By Zack on Tuesday, September 04, 2001 - 04:25 pm: Edit

"Hillary Clinton should be fucked in the ass and then strangled just on general principle."

I just thought this should be repeated.

By Artemis on Tuesday, September 04, 2001 - 04:21 pm: Edit

"also, what is the scoop on mari mayans 70 ? is it pastis or absinthe? i cant find it at ANY liquor shop here in new orleans, but in chicago i knew of 5 or 6 that carried it ... "

HUH? Now that is a scoop. At one time, people would have been VERY excited to hear this, at least those within driving distance of Chicago (I'm so close I can spit and hit it). Personally, I couldn't care less at this point, because MM is crap and possibly not even absinthe BUT, I wonder how a product with "ABSINTHE" right up front on the label made it into ANY liquor store in the U.S.? Would you care to name the stores? In short, I don't believe you.

"it seems that a lot of people really loved the Sergatta until the post "the man from chert" came out which revealed the simplicity of the recipe. now it seems some some say its 'barely' an absinthe. bleh!"

I don't see that at all. Where are you reading that? Not here. The simplicity of the recipe is meaningless. If it contains Grand Wormwood, it's absinthe. Segarra is absinthe. I personally don't like its flavor, but I would take it over any other Spanish absinthe, and the "man from chert" is an ubermann as far as I'm concerned. He does his own thing and fuck the rest.

"one more thing, have you seen the picture of hillary clinton drinking hills???"

Hillary Clinton should be fucked in the ass and then strangled just on general principle. And I think less of Hill's than Hillary.

"ted, don, whats up with jade?"

You really are a cheeky monkey.

"Also, i heard there are 2 kinds of Jade?"

I've tasted five or six, but Ted presented four officially at the Jade coming out party in New Orleans.

"which one is the closest replica of pernod fils?"

The one named after Pernod fils (maybe not its final name - only Ted can say).

"Or were there two types of Pernod fils as well?"

Probably more than two, but maybe not at the same time. Ted or Justin can answer this.

"i am drinking an oversized glass of serpis 65"

Skoal. I'm drinking a Hausgemacht containing nothing but wormwood, fennel and anise and it kicks the shit out of 99% of what is out there (Ted is a 1%-er).

By String on Tuesday, September 04, 2001 - 04:20 pm: Edit

Hi Kristy,
Can you help me out? Where can i find Mari Mayans here in Chicago?
Thanks

By Melinelly on Tuesday, September 04, 2001 - 04:06 pm: Edit

welcome to the fray Kristy :)

i for one still like segarra, perhaps even moreso after the man from chert postings. i also like serpis, though it's not necessarily one of my faves, it's just different, can't even compare it to any other absinthes. also good to see someone else using lowercase "i"s... and seemingly also on purpose ;)

as for Jade, look up Ted, he's in N.O. and there are more than 2 styles though which will be released we can only wait and see. i was at the nola gathering in march and was blessed with samplings of four brews (Pontalier, Eduard, Nouvelle Orleans, and Gorgon... it later came to light that there is also the Berger clone, and who knows what else the mad scienists have brewing away in their heads and in their kilns) all of which were stupendously mind-blowingly delicious!

i agree with you on la fee... and unforunately, because of a night of absinthe drinking and food poisoning, there is a certain taste in la fee that puts me off because i subconsciously relate that taste to that foul night/morning after...

cheers!

em

By Timba on Tuesday, September 04, 2001 - 03:57 pm: Edit

I'd flame you but..... this is my first post. I too have been a long reader and sipper of this forum. I think it's the best place to read origional poems, receive insight on sex, reviews of some absinthe's that I couldn't find or finance, and general humor.
These people crack me up to tears sometimes....
Cheers!

Sherwood Forest, Oregon

By Head_Prosthesis on Tuesday, September 04, 2001 - 03:48 pm: Edit

Drinkin' Serpis! That's my girl!

By Chevalier on Tuesday, September 04, 2001 - 03:39 pm: Edit

Kristy, I like you. Your pal in your profile photo has Tintin hair. You have a passion for lowercase "i"s and Serpis. I've never seen so many smileys in one post. You're tempting the gods of flamedom -- oh, how you are tempting them! -- and you don't give a damn. That's the spirit!

By Verawench on Tuesday, September 04, 2001 - 03:26 pm: Edit

Kristy,

Welcome. You're in N.O.? Raid Ted's place.

"one more thing, have you seen the picture of hillary clinton drinking hills???"

The woman should be dragged before an Ethics Committee exclusively for that.

Good to see yet another newbie with some sense to do some archive browsing.

Wench

By Kristy on Tuesday, September 04, 2001 - 03:11 pm: Edit

hi. ive been reading this forum for quite some time but this is my first post, anyway

i just moved here to new orleans from chicago, so far i really like it here. anyways onto my comments and questions..

first, i recently recieved two bottles of the new Serpis65 and i must say *wow*. definite secondary effects, probably the strongest ive felt. its one of my favorites now.

i recently got two bottles of la fee, its ok, but i think a lot of hype has gone into it. i did like the louche though.

also, what is the scoop on mari mayans 70 ? is it pastis or absinthe? i cant find it at ANY liquor shop here in new orleans, but in chicago i knew of 5 or 6 that carried it alongside the pernod, ricard, and herbsaint. im confused.

and of course, a few of my observations.

it seems that a lot of people really loved the Sergatta until the post "the man from chert" came out which revealed the simplicity of the recipe. now it seems some some say its 'barely' an absinthe. bleh!

one more thing, have you seen the picture of hillary clinton drinking hills??? i cant remember the website its on, but my bottles of abinsthe sure havent had the same mystique since i saw the picture :(

also. ted, don, whats up with jade? :D im really hoping it comes out by November for my little absinthe get together, but you cant rush perfection it seems. also, i heard there are 2 kinds of Jade? which one is the closest replica of pernod fils? or were there two types of Pernod fils as well? sorry about my lack of knowledge on the subject, but i dont have much (ok, any) experience with vintage pernod.

and one more thing. i think a poll for both absinthe and pastis would be a good idea (like mentioned before in a previous thread), just to make it official and so forth.

i am drinking an oversized glass of serpis 65 right now and i feel good:) now flame me baby!

kristy

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page |Delete Conversation |Close Conversation |Move Conversation