Spoons & Glasses

Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Thru December 2001: Spoons & Glasses
By Absinthespoon on Saturday, September 08, 2001 - 07:56 pm: Edit

Feel free to email me directly for better-than-eBay prices on Frenchman repro spoons - silver-plated Fleches and Tour Eiffel.

see pictures:
http://www.absinthespoon.com

By Riku964 on Friday, September 07, 2001 - 08:56 am: Edit

Aha! Seems Segarra was missing from my list! I shall correct the error!!! I think I'll go with the SC glasses (though the stylish Sebor glasses with the straw built in are...nifty), and I'll start hunting for good spoons. I shall endeavor to avoid that foul e-bay disease where one overbids wildly.

Of course, if Jade is suddenly available, I suppose I'll just go for that instead, given all that I've read about it. sigh.

Bring on the flames, senor Chevalier, for alas, the Minions are in fact actual minions. The wife is also making them sporty lookin' shirts with a nice logo (ideal to wear when out doing the sorts of questionable things minions do, like roughing up employees at MTV...uh, long story, nevermind).

Thanks again for the helpful suggestions!

By Wolfgang on Thursday, September 06, 2001 - 01:20 pm: Edit

Frenchman repro are nice and the Silver plated Les Fleches are not too expensive (and are thick and heavy). If you go on ebay, wait until the last minute before sending a bid and don't be fooled into paying too much.

For Spanish absinthes, I would recommend 5 bottles to lower the shipping cost :

- 2 NS70
- 2 Segarra
- 1 Serpis65 (I have not tasted the 65% version but I guess it should be interesting)

If your minions have not tasted Deva yet, well I guess you could replace one bottle of NS by a Deva50.

Now here's my best recommendation : wait at least until mid november, who knows, maybe Ted will have a chrismass surprise for us ;-) . (This is just my guess).

By Melinelly on Thursday, September 06, 2001 - 11:41 am: Edit

the sc glasses are nice. a little smaller than traditional glasses, but they're made well and have a nice feel in the hand. for spoons though, other than vintage, try to get your hands on some of frenchman's reproductions. i know justin and steve have had lots up for bid on ebay before, not sure if there are any right now, but that'd be the place to check. maybe if you're buying enough, you can get them from phil. just some ideas eh.

By Chevalier on Thursday, September 06, 2001 - 11:40 am: Edit

Would "the minions" include us? If so, some of us might not flame you. If not ...

By Riku964 on Thursday, September 06, 2001 - 11:37 am: Edit

Okay, the x-mas season is soon approaching. Um, soon enough for me to start checking out gift ideas, at least. I was thinking the ideal gift for the minions would be the following treats from SC:

Mari Mayans 70º
Absenta Deva 70º
Absinthe N.S. 55º
Serpis 55º

I was also thinking I would get 'em glasses and spoons. Anyone have any thoughts on the spoons and glasses from SC? Are they decent quality or should I search elsewhere? Any suggestions? I found those La Fee spoons with the eyeball on 'em pretty damned tempting too!

Oh yeah, and I'm a newbie, so please flame me if you reply.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page |Delete Conversation |Close Conversation |Move Conversation