Emerald Quest: Petermarc's Travels

Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Thru December 2001: Emerald Quest: Petermarc's Travels
By Etienne on Wednesday, September 26, 2001 - 07:13 am: Edit

Very cool, thanks Vera!

By Verawench on Tuesday, September 25, 2001 - 05:26 pm: Edit

I've been making updates to the Emerald Quest.

New additions include Petermarc's touching Slerpis story and Ian's visit with the makers of Versinthe. This week look also for Peter's Berger story and a complete transcript of Artemis in New Orleans.

http://www.beautyandruin.com/absinthe

Vera

By Heiko on Monday, September 10, 2001 - 06:03 pm: Edit

Good site! I forgot, I'm sorry. It's really a very nice website!

By Heiko on Monday, September 10, 2001 - 05:53 pm: Edit

Fonts used on websites become smaller and smaller - most webmasters are using 1 pt fonts now. It looks good most of the time, although it's harder to read. Maybe for texts of this length a bigger font might be less stressful for the eyes.

By Bob_Chong on Monday, September 10, 2001 - 04:56 pm: Edit

Vera:

Cool beans.

As for #2, I doubt anyone would complain if the font were larger (unless, of course, it were ludicrously big, like 40 point or something). But a big bigger wouldn't hurt anyone, would it? Or are you working for the evil eye doctor cartel who secretly runs the world?

BC

By Verawench on Monday, September 10, 2001 - 01:48 pm: Edit

Morrigan dearie,

Thank you! Not sure how I could make Head's touch more visible on the page though... Perhaps a random brief flash of the Great Prosthesis, a la Fight Club?

Bob:

1. No problem

2. Nobody else complained.

3. I might do that in addition to the thumbnails on top...

By Chevalier on Monday, September 10, 2001 - 11:38 am: Edit

I see your point, Bugs -- Bob, I meant to say Bob!

By Bob_Chong on Monday, September 10, 2001 - 11:37 am: Edit

With thanks to Jean Shepard for the simile, paraphrased.

By Bob_Chong on Monday, September 10, 2001 - 11:37 am: Edit

Because that was the title originally and has more flair. The new title is too spartan: it has as much romance as a jackrabbit on a date.

By Chevalier on Monday, September 10, 2001 - 11:32 am: Edit

Bob, why would you like "The Man From Chert" title restored (or added as a subtitle)?

By Bob_Chong on Monday, September 10, 2001 - 11:30 am: Edit

Vera:

A couple requests.

(1) How about restoring the title (or make it a sub-title), "The Man From Chert"?

(2) How about increasing the font size a few notches? If I wanted to test my vision, I'll make an appt. with the eye doctor. (FWIW, I have a 19" monitor set to 600x800: myopia city!)

(3) And finally, could you put the pictures in-line with the story? Makes more sense that way, and more fun to read. I don't want to click a million times to see pictures at full size and out of context.

Thanks,
Bob

By Heiko on Monday, September 10, 2001 - 11:27 am: Edit

"I agree about adding Artemis' absolutely faboo New Orleans account."

Me too!!! That was really some brilliant writing!

By Morriganlefey on Monday, September 10, 2001 - 11:05 am: Edit

Vera -

Extremely lovely work. So nice that we no longer have to go digging in the archives to read the old absinthe tomes of our fellow forumites (tho' I do miss the cobwebs & musty "dirt under the fingernails" feel of archival digging..perhaps you can add some to your page Vera?) Kidding aside, it's beautious as it is, with your touch evident (but where is Head's???!?)

Oh, and I agree about adding Artemis' absolutely faboo New Orleans account. Enthralling & entertaining reading, 'tis.

- M

By Admin on Sunday, September 09, 2001 - 10:56 pm: Edit

Cheers Vera!

When I get around to the next batch of updates, we'll add your link up!

By Luger on Sunday, September 09, 2001 - 10:44 pm: Edit

Very good ideas! These writings is well worth to remember. I´d like to read them again, and again.
They are worth it!!

Cheers: Luger

By Verawench on Sunday, September 09, 2001 - 07:55 pm: Edit

Going to dig through the archives now. I'll post to this thread when A's account is added to the webpage.

By Etienne on Sunday, September 09, 2001 - 04:51 pm: Edit

Vera;

PLEASE add the account of the New Orleans gathering that Artemis wrote. One of the best things I've read on the forum.

Stephen

By Artemis on Sunday, September 09, 2001 - 07:46 am: Edit

Several people wrote up their trip to Ted's gathering in New Orleans - maybe they're in the archives. I'm not sure I still have my writeup.

By Lordhobgoblin on Sunday, September 09, 2001 - 07:44 am: Edit

Nice site Vera.

Hobgoblin

By Verawench on Saturday, September 08, 2001 - 08:38 pm: Edit

Head and I have recently undertaken a little project which has at last been completed - in its first incarnation anyway.

http://www.beautyandruin.com/absinthe

Petermarc's lovely stories, as seen and enjoyed on this forum, have been put together into a page hosted on my website. While his so far have been the most memorable and best documented journeys to date, I'd love to see others join these small archives with their own accounts.

Vera

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page |Delete Conversation |Close Conversation |Move Conversation