Departure

Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Thru December 2001: Departure
By Etienne on Tuesday, September 11, 2001 - 02:09 pm: Edit

Very cool. I wish I could have put it so well.

By Chevalier on Tuesday, September 11, 2001 - 09:33 am: Edit

Artemis, it's a hell of a day write this, but here goes.

We've never met in person. If I saw you on the street, I wouldn't know you from Adam. But show me the name "Artemis" in my computer screen, and I'm instantly interested. I know that by reading one of your posts, I will:

-- see light shed on some dark corners.
-- find eloquence buttressed by reason.
-- learn from a fine, wide-ranging intellect.
-- smart from the lash of a sharp Southern tongue.
-- sense the beat of a strong, decent heart.

For all of the above, thank you. Being this forum's "Artemis" couldn't have always been easy for the man behind the persona. But when all's said and done, you know you are appreciated. You know you've earned respect.

Keep the faith.

Marc C.

By Don_Walsh on Tuesday, September 11, 2001 - 05:05 am: Edit

Au revoir Artemis, never Adieu...

By Artemis on Monday, September 10, 2001 - 09:13 pm: Edit

"Now, don't let him have all the eloquent glory. I think it'd be great to see the two of you recount the meeting for the Emerald Quest website."

I'll let Peter go first. If I were to post first, it might be like the Man from Chert posting about Peter's visit before Peter could do so. Not that I compare to Senor Segarra in any way. I'll tell you this much - I wore my red suspenders in honor of Justin Wilson. Also, as Peter was leaving, he pointed to the box of French sugar tablets on the table (a gift from him) and said, "That will be a hundred dollars". Stupified on absinthe, I reached for my checkbook and he laughed at me. Than I finally got it. He was referring to my initial encounter with him here on the forum, wherein he mentioned selling French sugar for $100 a box, and I, taking it seriously, promptly flamed him.

"Things have been nasty around here, Artemis"

Partly my fault.

"... my own snickering at those who insult you didn't help."

Agreed, but when somebody falls on his ass, I have to admit, I laugh. I REALLY like the Three Stooges.

"And I hope you'll at least consider Vegas."

Already considered. If God says the same, I will be there.

By Malhomme on Monday, September 10, 2001 - 08:49 pm: Edit

"Fair thee well (our) only tue one!"

By Etienne on Monday, September 10, 2001 - 05:11 pm: Edit

Damn, Artemis, you're one of the main people that got me interested in all this.

Adieu. I hope we'll get to know each other yet.

Stephen

By Royale on Monday, September 10, 2001 - 01:50 pm: Edit

I'll too bid Artemis a (temporary, I hope?) adieu with wise words shared with me by a wise man:

"Wop bop a loo bop a lop bam boom!"

thanks for all your shared knowledge and I look forward to your return.

By Morriganlefey on Monday, September 10, 2001 - 09:58 am: Edit

I'll bid Artemis a (temporary, I hope?) adieu with wise words shared with me by a wise man:

The highest good is like water
It gives birth to the world, yet does not strive
It flows into places others reject, and so is like the Dao

In dwelling, stay close to the land
In meditation, go deep into the heart
In dealing with others, be gentle
In speech, be true
In ruling, be just
In daily life, be always present
In action, be aware of the time and season
No fight : No blame

The author, Lao Tzu. The messenger to me - Artemis himself.

Be well, my friend.

- Morrigan

By Bob_Chong on Monday, September 10, 2001 - 09:49 am: Edit

Artemis:

As a man who means what he says and says what he means, you will be missed.

I was hoping we could hook-up someday in Chicagoland, but with you new gig and my new baby on the way, that will remain a pipe dream. Maybe someday...

Until then,
Bob

By Verawench on Monday, September 10, 2001 - 09:18 am: Edit

"I enjoyed a fantastic rainy afternoon at my house with Petermarc and his lovely wife Sunday."

Now, don't let him have all the eloquent glory. I think it'd be great to see the two of you recount the meeting for the Emerald Quest website.

Things have been nasty around here, Artemis.. my own snickering at those who insult you didn't help. But it's all just part of the ebb and rise of life. And I hope you'll at least consider Vegas.

By Admin on Monday, September 10, 2001 - 08:56 am: Edit

(¯`'·.¸(¯`'·.¸* throws green fairy dust *¸.·'´¯)¸.·'´¯)

*sniff*

By Emmy on Monday, September 10, 2001 - 08:51 am: Edit

take care, man. and good luck!

By Dengar on Monday, September 10, 2001 - 08:43 am: Edit

Bye.

:-/

By Artemis on Monday, September 10, 2001 - 08:29 am: Edit

Thanks to everyone who expressed good wishes.

The reason for my departure is a work assignment away from home, for an extended period. I know almost nothing about the circumstances at the new location, so I don't know what my Internet access will be like, nor how much time I'll have for other than work and sleeping.

In any case, some time away from the Internet, forced or otherwise, won't do me any harm. One thing the troll was right about, some people almost need a twelve-step program to break away, and I'm one of them. Some others here seem to be in the same boat, so I was completely serious in telling the troll he might have done us a favor. If only he would take his own advice! I'm sure he needs it more than anybody here.

I enjoyed a fantastic rainy afternoon at my house with Petermarc and his lovely wife Sunday. His schedule only allowed him to spend a few hours and the day ended all too soon. He may see fit to add another chapter to the travels of Petermarc (Peter in the New World!), so I will steal no thunder from him.

I wish you all well. I continue to be fascinated by the story of absinthe. I will play a part in it here or elsewhere in the future as circumstances allow.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page |Delete Conversation |Close Conversation |Move Conversation