Friday 7PM - Unity Against Terrorism

Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Thru December 2001: Friday 7PM - Unity Against Terrorism
By Bob_Chong on Friday, September 14, 2001 - 07:33 pm: Edit

Welcome back Uncle Head, the Alphasoixante Prothesis!

(Sorry buddy, I had to call you on it. You couldn't hide it well enough.)

By Wolfgang on Friday, September 14, 2001 - 01:06 pm: Edit

A better (and maybe more usefull) option would be to (re)read the Universal Declaration of Human Rights .

Human rights

By Verawench on Friday, September 14, 2001 - 12:57 pm: Edit

Blackjack,

I was blasting Siouxsie's "Cities in Dust" all day Tuesday in my car. New York looks like the second Pompeii right about now... Her words ring with such tragic cynicism...

By Alphasoixante on Friday, September 14, 2001 - 12:28 pm: Edit

"we will, we will, rock you" would be a nice accompaniment to the mob's growing mood.

to be followed by "who let the dogs out"

By Lordhobgoblin on Friday, September 14, 2001 - 11:47 am: Edit

This lighting candles thing is all very well but Don is right it will not sort out the problem. It's a bit self-indulgent but if it helps people deal with their own personal feelings about the issue then fine. Personally I have no time for lighting candles or holding 3 minutes of silence etc. they don't stop repeats of attrocities. I dislike the way the silence was foisted upon many today (me and my class included) and you dare not object or you'll get accused of not caring about those who have died. The best way to care about those who have died is to take action to help avoid a repeat of the attrocities and a silence or a candle won't do this.

Hobgoblin

By Zack on Friday, September 14, 2001 - 10:24 am: Edit

You haven't heard the Puff Daddy song remixed with the soundbites?! It is so touching, makes me want to cry.

By _Blackjack on Friday, September 14, 2001 - 10:08 am: Edit

I found Souixie's "Cities and Dust" rather apropos...

By Uncle on Friday, September 14, 2001 - 08:20 am: Edit

The thing that upsets me are this shitty songs with "soundbytes" in them. It all start with that damn Jerry Macguire sound bytes in a Eric Clapton song, Here in heaven. Now they have not one ,but 3 shitty tunes! New york minute by the eagles,I'll rember you by Skid row and the Eric Clapton tune. All have bytes from "america attacked" and are play ever other song. I hate when some "DJ" is playing producer and cheapin's someones death! The fucks dont care about nothing but ratings points. This is the apex of bad taste in my eyes! I like to give the a proper thrashing with a marlin spike!!!!

By Guillermo on Thursday, September 13, 2001 - 11:11 pm: Edit

Has anyone else noticed that there are interesting shapes in the grayish "wallpaper" that backs our forum posts? Sometimes it looks like brains to me, other times like those stylized drawings of space-aliens, other times like batik or tie-die patterns.

By Chrysippvs on Thursday, September 13, 2001 - 03:22 pm: Edit

that is horrible...I have donated money via paypal to paypal directly. On their website they have a donation fund set up. I hope they really give 100% of it like they say they are...

By Mr_Rabbit on Thursday, September 13, 2001 - 03:13 pm: Edit

There are already scam sites up soliciting donations to the 'red cross,' taking credit card numbers. The money will never get to the Red Cross.

The are spamming the links out. The first one known actually started an hour after the WTC fell.

The fucking pricks.

By Blygdon on Thursday, September 13, 2001 - 01:22 pm: Edit

Everyone deals with shock, horror and grief in their own ways. But Wolfgang, I laughed out loud over your post. We could line up the candles and provide a runway target.

Hoooolllie...here's your landing lights....Holllllieee.

Thanks for the chuckle. About as funny as the fake names someone has been posting in the list of survivors - Josie & The Pussycats, Marco Polo, Elvis Prestley (all listed in critical condition). I felt some outrage over the indecency of non-respect, until I came across King Kong.

Then I just laughed.

By Mr_Rabbit on Thursday, September 13, 2001 - 01:10 pm: Edit

Wolfgang,

There are acts of the hand, like dropping bombs, and acts of the spirit- like lighting candles.

Both are important at a time like this...

By Don_Walsh on Thursday, September 13, 2001 - 12:44 pm: Edit

The kind of candles we'll be lighting are detonators attached to large quantities of HMX falling from the sky.

(HMX, a military explosive. aka Octogen.)

By Verawench on Thursday, September 13, 2001 - 12:30 pm: Edit

I think symbolism is a very poignant and reassuring means to help people through this. Stores across the country have completely sold out American flags.

By Wolfgang on Thursday, September 13, 2001 - 11:29 am: Edit

You should specify the time zone...

Anyway, it's not by lighting candles that we will change anything. It's cute but not very usefull against terrorists.

By Verawench on Thursday, September 13, 2001 - 11:08 am: Edit

This came through the global mailing lists at my University and I am passing it on:
________
Friday Night at 7:00 p.m. step out your door, stop your car, or step out
of your establishment and light a candle. We will show
the world that Americans are strong and united together against
terrorism.

Please pass this to everyone you know. We need to reach everyone across the United States quickly.

The message: WE STAND UNITED - WE WILL NOT TOLERATE TERRORISM!

Thank you.

We need press to cover this - we need the world to see.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page |Delete Conversation |Close Conversation |Move Conversation