Fyi....SC Shipments delayed

Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Thru December 2001: Fyi....SC Shipments delayed
By Verawench on Wednesday, October 17, 2001 - 04:18 pm: Edit

Got mine about a week ago.. took a bit longer than usual, but no problems.

By Wolfgang on Wednesday, October 17, 2001 - 02:07 pm: Edit

Did you notice that they reduced the thickness of the packaging ? There was foam all around the bottles but not on the bottom and the usualy insane quantity of bubble wrap was reduced to only one layer... Maybe they hired a new shipper or they found out that it was overkill to wrap it in a nuclear shelter kind of way... Anyway, I got it in perfect condition anyway.

By Mr_Rabid on Wednesday, October 17, 2001 - 11:58 am: Edit

got my first half in 7 days, my second on the 8th.

This was last friday that the second half showed up.

By Justin on Wednesday, October 17, 2001 - 09:57 am: Edit

What's the word. Anyone receive anything yet?

By Verawench on Saturday, October 06, 2001 - 01:48 pm: Edit

It's been over 2 weeks for me.. shite.

By Rupert1029 on Friday, October 05, 2001 - 08:28 pm: Edit

2nd shipment still not here. Ordered Sept 10.
Damn....I was kinda excited about the Serpis 65.

By Admin on Friday, September 28, 2001 - 04:20 pm: Edit

And mine always have ...

By Heiko on Friday, September 28, 2001 - 03:08 pm: Edit

"Since I ordered 5 bottles, SC shipped it in 2 different, which they have never done before."

This has nothing to do with the difficult times - my last order of 5 bottles came in two parcels as well (and that was about two months ago).

By Verawench on Friday, September 28, 2001 - 02:58 pm: Edit

Fantastic.

By Rupert1029 on Friday, September 28, 2001 - 02:34 pm: Edit

I ordered on September 10, and got half of my shipment today. It was waiting for me at the post office, which is unusual, because it is normally delivered to my front door. Since I ordered 5 bottles, SC shipped it in 2 different, which they have never done before.

By Wolfgang on Friday, September 28, 2001 - 01:18 pm: Edit

''I can't imagine anything less related to fundamentalist islamic terrorism than a package full of hard liquor... ''

Yes but never underestimate the power of human stupidity...

By Verawench on Friday, September 28, 2001 - 07:21 am: Edit

"Or do you mean the absinthe was confiscated at the border?"

Bingo.

By Heiko on Friday, September 28, 2001 - 07:18 am: Edit

Why don't you ask the Lafuentes about any delays?
Or do you mean the absinthe was confiscated at the border?

Wouldn't it be strange if they had the time to check bottles of alcohol for their artemisia absinthium content now that they should be looking for anything related to terrorism?
I can't imagine anything less related to fundamentalist islamic terrorism than a package full of hard liquor...

By Verawench on Friday, September 28, 2001 - 07:11 am: Edit

ANYONE??

By Verawench on Thursday, September 27, 2001 - 09:55 pm: Edit

I need an answer on this, please:

Has anyone gotten their SC for orders placed AFTER Sept. 11th?

Vera

By Heiko on Friday, September 21, 2001 - 02:30 am: Edit

"'extract of the plant that one cannot utter it's name'...
or 'prince' maybe..."

That reminds me of a sticker I have from Boveresse. It's an obituary for:

Madame La Blanche Verte, née Absinthe.

By Petermarc on Friday, September 21, 2001 - 02:29 am: Edit

damn good idea!

By Aion on Thursday, September 20, 2001 - 09:12 pm: Edit

What about a trip to the factory were
Versinthe is made? Petermarc? Andy?
Could be quite revealing to see, how it is made.
A.

By Verawench on Thursday, September 20, 2001 - 07:49 pm: Edit

Somehow I don't see you being on the payroll for the French government, Ted :)

I guess I'm asking since this could easily allow "legit" products to enter the French market under the "no one can tell anyway" rule. Hmmm..

By Tabreaux on Thursday, September 20, 2001 - 07:43 pm: Edit

No, but I do.

By Verawench on Thursday, September 20, 2001 - 07:01 pm: Edit

And would they really bother testing? Would they even know how?

By Tabreaux on Thursday, September 20, 2001 - 05:01 pm: Edit

"...expect the same phrase on the pontarlier-anis version of absinthe...just no way around it"

And as a consequence, that phrase will appear on both bottles of any 'legitimate' products as well as the phonies (e.g. Absente). Only lab testing will positively differentiate them.

By Mr_Rabbit on Thursday, September 20, 2001 - 04:30 pm: Edit

Speak of the Green Devil.

"Garcon, I would like a glass of That Which Shall Not Be Named."

"Very good sir. Will you be paying by cash, credit card or soul this evening?"

By Petermarc on Thursday, September 20, 2001 - 02:45 pm: Edit

remember that the french law now passed does not allow the use of the term 'absinthe' by itself...anything legally made in france has to have some sort of variation
on the name...expect the same phrase on the pontarlier-anis version of absinthe...just no way around it, if you want to sell it over-the counter...perhaps a good french absinthe brand could be
'extract of the plant that one cannot utter it's name'...
or 'prince' maybe...

By Wolfgang on Thursday, September 20, 2001 - 07:39 am: Edit

Ok I tasted the stuf. It smells good, not too much anis. It taste like pink peppermint and it's way too sweet (worst than Deva). There's some bitterness but I can't say if it's A.Absinthium. Effect ? I drank 3 oz last night and I didn't feal anything. It was too sweet to have another glass. Ingredients list Alcohol, sugar, anis seeds essence 2.2% "maceration de plante d'absinthe" ... In short, not bad but not good.

By Tabreaux on Wednesday, September 19, 2001 - 04:38 pm: Edit

"aux plantes d'absinthe"

Here we have the old familiar catch phrase used by Absente and the other non-absinthes.

By Petermarc on Wednesday, September 19, 2001 - 12:12 pm: Edit

the new french label has:

versinthe
aux plantes d'absinthe
anis (not anis amer)

the ingredients now list... 'macerations de plantes aromatiques et de plantes d'absinthe'

it is different from the old one, and sooo...

By Wolfgang on Wednesday, September 19, 2001 - 08:23 am: Edit

I will buy a bottle thursday and copy what's on the label on the forum. 2-3 months ago someone at the SAQ Customer Service told me the distribution was delayed because of a problem concerning the label... We will see.

By Tabreaux on Wednesday, September 19, 2001 - 08:07 am: Edit

I would look for differences in the label to differentiate. If there are none, I smell a rat. Regardless, the word "absinthe" appears nowhere on the bottle I have, which came from SC.

By Wolfgang on Wednesday, September 19, 2001 - 07:43 am: Edit

The distributor of Versinthe, here in Montreal send me a correction today about what he told me earlyer this week. Now he told me the same thing as the manufacturer (that is : there is a special version only for the US market without A.A. and the Quebec version have A.A. in it).

By Wolfgang on Tuesday, September 18, 2001 - 02:23 pm: Edit

If you test it, it could be interesting to test what's available in US and what come from SC to see if it's the same or not.

(After all, they can just throw 1g of wormwood in a 100 L vat and say there's wormwood in it without lying...The question is : "Is it at least comparable to the Spanish" )

By Tabreaux on Tuesday, September 18, 2001 - 01:57 pm: Edit

"I will wait for the next party in about 2 weeks to sacrifice myself to science and get drunk with it to see if there's some effect...."

With all that sugar, you'll feel something. I'll analyze this product soon.

By Wolfgang on Tuesday, September 18, 2001 - 01:09 pm: Edit

Quote:

Already what the distributor has said conflicts with what the manufacturer has told someone else on this board

I know, this someone else is me ;-). They updated their web site maybe a month ago and now the french version of the site clearly talk about A.A.. So if there is no A.A. in Versinthe, they are lying. Now how could we be sure ?

I wont go asking the SAQ staff about it, when you call the service number and ask about Versinthe, they don't even know what it is and they don't even know it's already available at one of their store in downtown Montreal corner Ste-Catherine/Peel (I had to hunt it down myself and found out this morning that they have it in store since last week).

I will wait for the next party in about 2 weeks to sacrifice myself to science and get drunk with it to see if there's some effect, that's all I can do ;-)

By Tabreaux on Tuesday, September 18, 2001 - 12:25 pm: Edit

Wolfgang, one can never take what the distributor says at face value. They almost certainly know less than you do. Already what the distributor has said conflicts with what the manufacturer has told someone else on this board, which in turn conflicts with what the manufacturer told me not long ago, not to mention what is claimed on the label (anis amer).

My current opinion is that like Absente, the manufacturer and/or importer may be attempting to skew the facts about this product, probably because they can smell money in implying it to be something it is not. Distributors know only what they are told by the importer, which seems to be sometimes 'strategically' inaccurate.

By Morriganlefey on Tuesday, September 18, 2001 - 10:13 am: Edit

Marc -

I commend you for recognizing the destructive path you were on and immediately mending your karma with an apology to Rupert.

'According as one acts, according as one behaves, so does he become' (Upanishads). Perhaps you're now on your way to becoming a more enlightened man.

(Geez, is my soft hippy underbelly showing?)

- M

By Bob_Chong on Tuesday, September 18, 2001 - 09:45 am: Edit

Never trust a distributor. They are whores.

By Wolfgang on Tuesday, September 18, 2001 - 08:43 am: Edit

Personaly I don`t take any chance and I will wait... Fortunatly, Versinthe is now available in Quebec, I will try it soon.

The Versinthe rep. in Quebec told me there's Artemisia Absinthium in it and he told me it's the same thing in the US but "they are working on the distribution" (whatever it means...). Anyway, if it's true, they are opening the doors for Jades...

By Tavarua on Tuesday, September 18, 2001 - 08:00 am: Edit

Itís a good thing I stocked-up a couple of weeks ago, and coincidentally have had little since them. On the other hand, that also means I wonít be trying Serpis 65 anytime soon. Six to one, half dozen to the other. Canít win for losin.

By Rupert1029 on Tuesday, September 18, 2001 - 07:14 am: Edit

Cristinas response:

"dear Jamie,

I am contacting you with reference to your order and its delay in the shipment. Your order is ready to be sent since September 12th, but in the certitude that the horrible attacks on the USA will increase very much the controls of the US customs and police on all the packages that enter to the US, we have considered it prudential to interrupt the shipments to this country during 15 days. Your order will most probably be sent next week, but I will undoubtedly inform you about the exact day of shipment.

If you have any question regarding this, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Thanks for relying on us.

Best wishes,

Cristina"

By Verawench on Tuesday, September 18, 2001 - 06:38 am: Edit

This is the time, gentlemen. Pitch in for those ten bottle shipments then bury them in your backyard for meager rationing later, lest we all suffer wartime withdrawals.

Seriously.. does the delay refer to last week only? I was going to order today.

By Rupert1029 on Tuesday, September 18, 2001 - 05:57 am: Edit

I posted my reply from SC just as an FYI...with no other motivation.

By Marc on Tuesday, September 18, 2001 - 03:56 am: Edit

rupert,

I'm sorry for the nasty post. I'm hurting. In my anger and pain, I'm becoming all that I hate and rail against. That is the wheel of samsara (illusion) I need to transcend. How can we not expect to be hated, we who are so hateful?
Forgive me.

By Marc on Tuesday, September 18, 2001 - 02:58 am: Edit

oh how sad. the world's about to go to war and we can't get any fucking absinthe. excuse me while I bite my pillow and cry myself to sleep.

By Rupert1029 on Monday, September 17, 2001 - 08:45 am: Edit

I ordered the night prior to attack on NYC. Received message from SC today that all shipments have been delayed for at least 15 days.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page |Delete Conversation |Close Conversation |Move Conversation