The kid from behind the counter

Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Thru December 2001: The kid from behind the counter
By Verawench on Thursday, October 04, 2001 - 09:01 am: Edit

But on his request, I'll behave.

By Verawench on Thursday, October 04, 2001 - 09:01 am: Edit

Head *is* cutting you slack. I'm nowhere near that polite, especially around full moon.

By Tavarua on Thursday, October 04, 2001 - 06:29 am: Edit

Vera,

Yea, I fucked up last week. I apologized and made a piece offering, which happens to be going to you. Head cut me some slack, why can’t you. LET IT GO. It is something, I’d rather forget.

By Verawench on Wednesday, October 03, 2001 - 09:55 pm: Edit

Well, in that case.

By Head_Prosthesis on Wednesday, October 03, 2001 - 09:54 pm: Edit

Because, I just want everyone to love each other and gently poke at one another with soft tipped swabs. Stay away from the ear canal though.

By Verawench on Wednesday, October 03, 2001 - 09:48 pm: Edit

Why not?

By Head_Prosthesis on Wednesday, October 03, 2001 - 09:47 pm: Edit

Hey, hey, no name calling.

By Verawench on Wednesday, October 03, 2001 - 09:44 pm: Edit

You're right, he is a moron.

By Tavarua on Wednesday, October 03, 2001 - 09:15 pm: Edit

"It's like you're some kind of Offensive Savant. This isn't your week is it?"

Seriously. I blame television. Honestly, I kid, I kid. I do it all for the children.

Now, if you will all excuse me, I am O.D.'ing on Quotes.

By Tavarua on Wednesday, October 03, 2001 - 09:09 pm: Edit

"I assume your chances of understanding the general meaning of this sentence would be worst if I write it in perfect french."

I will grant you that Sir.

"By the way, I would appreciate it if you could rephrase it properly and send the result to me by email."

Happy to lend a hand. But you are going to have to wait until tomorrow for that one.

By Head_Prosthesis on Wednesday, October 03, 2001 - 09:09 pm: Edit

Poor Tav, you're shootin' blanks fella.
It's like you're some kind of Offensive Savant. This isn't your week is it?

By Wolfgang on Wednesday, October 03, 2001 - 09:01 pm: Edit

By the way, I would appreciate it if you could rephrase it properly and send the result to me by email.

By Wolfgang on Wednesday, October 03, 2001 - 08:55 pm: Edit

I assume your chances of understanding the general meaning of this sentence would be worst if I write it in perfect french.

By Tavarua on Wednesday, October 03, 2001 - 01:30 pm: Edit

"Ok, I bent to the red demon`s will and sent my order for a bottle of Serpis65(+ a bottle of NS70)."

OUCH. I'm sorry man, but you are going to have to rephrase this. I would love to comment on it, but jeepers, there is just no sport in it.

By Wolfgang on Wednesday, October 03, 2001 - 01:20 pm: Edit

Ok, I bent to the red demon`s will and sent my order for a bottle of Serpis65(+ a bottle of NS70).

I thought I could survive only on Versinthe until Jade`s release but I miserably failed. Shame on me.

By Rupert1029 on Tuesday, October 02, 2001 - 05:51 pm: Edit

Serpis 65 was in my order, placed on the 10th of September...which I have not received yet :(
I did receive recieve part of the order....just not the Serpis. Rupert is getting worried.

By Verawench on Tuesday, October 02, 2001 - 03:32 pm: Edit

Mine should be in from SC this week. Mmmm.....

By Head_Prosthesis on Tuesday, October 02, 2001 - 02:35 pm: Edit

I ordered three without pause. It's scrumptious, sumptious, sexy and rotund.

By Mr_Rabbit on Tuesday, October 02, 2001 - 01:17 pm: Edit

Mine is on the way.

By Wolfgang on Tuesday, October 02, 2001 - 01:04 pm: Edit

Yes and talking about the red lady, we are still waiting for tasting notes for the 65% version... If I`m right, we only got one.(or maybe everybody is waiting for tasting notes by others before ordering a bottle...)

By Head_Prosthesis on Tuesday, October 02, 2001 - 12:57 pm: Edit

But all I smell is B.S.

(Blue Serpis)

By Perruche_Verte on Tuesday, October 02, 2001 - 12:03 pm: Edit

"PV what you imbibed was truly inflamatory blasphemy, Slerpis elders refer to that potion as the Blerpis."

I had another such drink today, and I beg to differ. My eyes have been opened by the Secret Caliph, who came among us in 1978 or 1979 and soon thereafter proclaimed both sides in the Iran-
Iraq war to be "boring". For this, and for proclaiming all colors of the Slerpis to be the true Slerpis, he and his students have been hounded to the ends of the Earth.

There is nothing in this shirt but God. There is nothing in these shoes but God. There is nothing in this glass but God.

Allahu Akbar!

By Head_Prosthesis on Thursday, September 27, 2001 - 04:24 pm: Edit

I do love a reluctant wifey photo.

By Petermarc on Thursday, September 27, 2001 - 09:48 am: Edit

the torch of truth shines for the righteous...
slerpidarm

By Head_Prosthesis on Thursday, September 27, 2001 - 07:30 am: Edit

PV what you imbibed was truly inflamatory blasphemy, Slerpis elders refer to that potion as the Blerpis. Don't start that old Holy War with the Serpis followers, fella. The Fabled Slerpis Fairy will rain infinite justice down on your grandchildren.

By Perruche_Verte on Tuesday, September 18, 2001 - 02:36 pm: Edit

Thanks for the story and photos.

"All initiations are self-initiations", as the Master wrote, so I initiated myself into the Holy Slerpis cult a while back.

Today I decided to attempt heresy and use the Blue Raspberry variety with Serpis 65 -- I've always had a fondness for Blue Raspberry, as it's so boldly unrelated to anything in nature.

"We want the blue food! They're hiding it from us!" -- George Carlin

Sorry, no photos of this abomination are available. What you get is not purple, as one might expect, but a ghastly blue-green reminiscent of the photos I've seen of Hills.

By Petermarc on Tuesday, September 18, 2001 - 12:16 pm: Edit

unfortunately, i am absolutely sure it is post-ban...

By Morriganlefey on Tuesday, September 18, 2001 - 10:30 am: Edit

What really blew me away was that 4 robinette advertising fountain. Ha ha! Yes, to see the words "KICK START YOUR TASTEBUDS!" in any of Mme Delahaye's books would KICK ASS.

- Morrigan

By Oxygenee on Tuesday, September 18, 2001 - 12:01 am: Edit

Peter, as always your perseverance in travelling the world to track down the rarest and most exotic absinthe tastes is an inspiration. But us an absinthiana collector, what really blew me away was that 4 robinette advertising fountain - I've seen nothing like it in any of Madame Delahaye's books. What a treasure - you must be very proud.

By Morriganlefey on Monday, September 17, 2001 - 05:17 pm: Edit

Ahh...the insidious "Code Red Serpis-Slurpis!!" Petermarc, you MUST be an experienced absintheur to indulge thusly - that drink is definitely NOT for the faint-of-heart.

Vera, you can add this touching portrayal to your Absinthe Travels website. "The Man from Slurp.."

- M

By Verawench on Monday, September 17, 2001 - 05:09 pm: Edit

::cries:: Beautiful...

By Petermarc on Monday, September 17, 2001 - 05:03 pm: Edit

we were all saddened and upset by the the news in new york…my brother (a bond trader who had known several from canter-fitzgerald on top of the trade center)was pissed…he was evacuated from the exchange building in Chicago on tuesday morning and went back to work on friday, as soon as it was possible to return…he wasn’t able to give blood because too many people had already lined up, and my wife and I couldn’t because we had too much mad-cow running through our veins as residents of france…my brother is fighting this war as he knows how, by being a capitalist, and being an open capitalist, is being a potential target…peter jenning’s news crew had called the Chicago botanical gardens and asked about wedding receptions being held there that were affected by the attack…he was going to do a story on my brother’s wedding…40 of his guests couldn’t make it, but were safe…the story was much more difficult and painful for many others…my brother didn’t want reporters there because then the terrorists would know his name and might come after his family or his guests, knowing we were celebrating life going on…we thought it was funny that he reacted that way, I realize now he was concerned about us…he will be a good husband and father…
the rehearsal dinner went well and we were all heading back to my brother’s house…
‘can we stop by 7-11?’ my brother’s fiancée thought it was weird and my wife knew I was up to something that had to do with absinthe…we pulled in and I saw him…behind the counter, busy helping someone else…I knew I would have to figure this out on my own…the machine was in the back, I hadn’t used one before (in my time, it was not self-service) there were choices, but only one obvious one…red…but mountain dew? I became confused for a moment, but then what options did I have? Blue? I think not…I filled up a cup, the second biggest and could not find a lid that fit it…that’s distgusting! My wife exclaimed and looked at me with disappointment…you’re not going to drink that?! ‘well, not by itself’ I brought it up to the the counter, still not sure if it was a cherry slurpee, so I asked him his advise…yeah, it’s a cherry slurpee… ‘good, can I take a picture of you?’ ok…he was of few words, but answered my questions very quickly, without hesitation…I paid him and we left…I asked my wife to hold up the cup in front of the sign…amazingly, she did, although looking like she wanted to hit me…we went back to the house and I started setting up the bottle and glasses for a photo shoot…everyone else had a beer or some wine…no one wanted any nor was interested in what I was doing…so I had my wife take some pictures as I fixed myself a glass, not really knowing the precise ‘head ritual.’ The cherry/citrus-ness of the slurpee blended with the serpis (at least visually, it looks like it works) although the frozen drink stunned the bouquet and louche of the absinthe…it tasted very---sweet…again hard to define because of the cold and the sweetness but like others have described serpis, it tasted ‘red’ there is no better difinition…I sat down in front of the tv and my brother humored me by tasting it…that’s very sweet!…’yes , but it isn’t traditional absinthe’…well what is this?… ‘uh, I can’t really explain it’ my brother returned to his beer…I sipped the drink to the bottom and made myself another…as I set it down my wife exclaimed,
another! What are you trying to do? Get wasted?!
She’ll never understand, nor does she want to…god bless America
kid
machine
bottle
icylouche
drink

my apologies to what I think was another story about this subject in a past thread.
I did it because I had to as an American.
Dedicated to the inventor of the ‘slurpis’ - head p.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page |Delete Conversation |Close Conversation |Move Conversation