Location of distilleries in Spain

Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Thru December 2001: Location of distilleries in Spain
By Missthing on Thursday, September 27, 2001 - 10:43 pm: Edit

Hmmm, Good idea, Geoff, though I was expecting he'd like to pick some up for himself as I have been raving on & on about Absinthe ... and the way SC wrap their stuff he'd have a bugger of a time getting one bottle out without destroying the packaging!

By Geoffk on Thursday, September 27, 2001 - 08:41 am: Edit

Spanish geography is obviously not my strong suit, but...
If your friend is only going to pick up bottles for you, why don't you just order from SC and have them delivered to his hotel? The shipping inside of spain is probably minimal and having them packed up might be convenient. That way, your friend won't waste his whole vacation tracking down some little shop in a strange city.

-- Geoff K.

By Petermarc on Thursday, September 27, 2001 - 05:12 am: Edit

i suggest that he just visit SC, since he is not so into it...they speak english, and have what you want...andy wanted to visit deva, me too, but...next year...chert is a long way from the costa brava...you gotta really want to, to go there...

By Missthing on Wednesday, September 26, 2001 - 09:48 pm: Edit

Hmmm, he don't speak alot of Spanish as far as I know, I can just hope at least to get him to go to SC in Barcelona and send me some bottles without the huge shipping charges!

Deva appears to be produced in Barcelona from the label. But I imagine their processes are not so artisnal?

By Petermarc on Wednesday, September 26, 2001 - 12:05 pm: Edit

does he speak spanish?

By Wolfgang on Wednesday, September 26, 2001 - 10:45 am: Edit

Do we have tha address for NS ? That would be interesting.

On the NS bottle they write :
Destilerias de Monforte del cid, S.L.
Avda, de Los Pinos, 15 - Monforte del Cid (Alicante).

By Geoffk on Wednesday, September 26, 2001 - 07:13 am: Edit

You can look at the "Man from Chert" thread and figure out where Segarra is. I'm not sure any of the others would even be worth visiting.

-- Geoff K.

By Missthing on Wednesday, September 26, 2001 - 04:31 am: Edit

Hi folks!

I have a friend who is currently travelling around Spain and is at the moment in Lloret de Mar on the Costa Brava. Just wondering if anyone can tell me where the various Absinthe distilleries are located in Spain and are there any near there? He's not an Absinthe fiend like myself and isn't going to go out of his way to look for the stuff but if there's any nearby I want to try and coax him to check it out (and of course, send me some bottles back!!!)

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page |Delete Conversation |Close Conversation |Move Conversation