Love & Absinthe

Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Thru December 2001: Love & Absinthe
By Verawench on Monday, October 01, 2001 - 03:31 pm: Edit

I think Cheri could use a visit from Mr. Campbell, actually.

By Wolfgang on Monday, October 01, 2001 - 11:39 am: Edit

precision : of course I was not talking about our forum hero ;-)

By Cheri on Monday, October 01, 2001 - 11:02 am: Edit

You guys are great! Thanks for letting me vent and also letting me know that I'm not alone in this.

By Wolfgang on Monday, October 01, 2001 - 09:45 am: Edit

Well, Cheri, if you ever come to Montreal, drop me an email. I have some friends who are alone, likes absinthe and may also like a vampress like you...

Marc : If you`r lurking around, I`m talking about you ;-)

By Uncle on Monday, October 01, 2001 - 04:53 am: Edit

Cheri, your giving too much of your self to this person. Their not worth your time and absinthe!!! It monday morning, a new day,a new start,If someone hands you shit,it dosent mean you have to take it. Baltimore a big town their's got to be better out their. Im guessing that your better than this thing. Uncle

By Head_Prosthesis on Sunday, September 30, 2001 - 09:15 pm: Edit

You are empowered, the moon is your servant, you have the menstruum on your side. Turn those lemons into lemonade, hold that head up, YOU CAN DO IT!

Use your powers to affect the future.

Give Lovedaddy a smile.

By Blygdon on Sunday, September 30, 2001 - 09:07 pm: Edit

Cheri, maybe you could roll with the franks thing and see how many scenes might get you over the hump. There's Something about Mary's got that great Franks N Beans scene, and wouldn't it be great if that could happen to Frank? Have to sympathize in the situ tho. Pain and thresholds are such an odd things. Tell us all the gory details. We're interested.

As far as San Antonio and shopping, I should sing this one: My nasty little young'uns are wild...they'er screaming all up and down the aisle. You can see lime koolaid on their teeth when they smile. My nasty little young 'uns are wild. I'm havin' a damn good time, smokin in the grocery line.

By Cheri on Sunday, September 30, 2001 - 08:38 pm: Edit

Awww, thank you for thinking about me, Head. Every damn thing seems to make me cry right now. And one of the downsides of the damn internet is that it's so easy to just send an email when you really just wish you could forget about 'em. And is even worse when you pour out your heart to receive no response. Today I did a nice glass of Segarra...and I don't even really like it.

When you "lose" someone, and they're still around..you know where they live, you know their phone number, you know they're with someone else, and you know you may run into them again, I think that I would have much rather had this person tell me that they were moving to China or something or worse yet (or maybe better), get hit by a BUS! (i can be such a bitch)..

I had a bad breakup many moons ago with a guy named Frank. I lost it at the grocery store, because of course, they don't call hot dogs hot dogs.. they gotta call 'em FRANKS. ARGH

By Head_Prosthesis on Sunday, September 30, 2001 - 06:44 pm: Edit

I was thinking of you today Cheri.

I was at this "TJMax for housewares"-type store, looking for a suitable water fountain(didn't find one), they were playing the worst lovey dovey music you could think of. Britanny's SOMETIMES is the only one I can think of right now, but what threw me off was the fact that everyone in the store was either humming along to the songs or singing them outloud.

When I got up to the cash register with my three bottles of hot sauce(I couldn't leave the store alone!) the cashier was talking and checking my stuff out. "Sweet relief!" I thought. "She isn't singing." Then she belts out...

"I JUST WANT YOU TO KNOW WHO I AM!!!"

... she scared the shit right out of me.

I ended up getting a Gatorade sports bottle from CVS for dripping.

By Zack on Sunday, September 30, 2001 - 06:24 pm: Edit

There's music at the grocery store?

Here in San Antonio we have live performances from the symphony of half-naked babies with red Kool-aid stained faces crying in the isles. And the ever-popular tune of "Hijo, Behave!"

By _Blackjack on Sunday, September 30, 2001 - 03:12 pm: Edit

It's not that the music at the gocery store is depressing; yo're just more in tune to it. The last time I had a bad break-up, the sight of chicken nuggets made me cry, because she always go random cravings for chicken nuggets...

By Cheri on Sunday, September 30, 2001 - 12:07 pm: Edit

Why does the darn grocery store have to play all these sad and depressing songs over their intercom system while you're trying to concentrate on your weekly freaking dinner plans!

This one, was the closest i had come to Mr. almost right..it's hard to find someone that actually KNOWS what absinthe is, respects "vampyres" and is into the same goofy stuff you are. I guess that is a redeeming quality and if this other girl got sick of 'em and dumped him, I'd probably try again..silly, silly me. Right now though, castration comes to mind in how to deal with him..

By Emmy on Sunday, September 30, 2001 - 11:19 am: Edit

Mazzy Star's "Fade Into You" has become my ritual depressed drinking song lately. for some reason, it always seems to be playing at the bar... 'tis a great one.

By Pataphysician on Sunday, September 30, 2001 - 10:23 am: Edit

I'd recommend Bob Dylan's two Divorce Disks: "Blood On The Tracks" and "Time Out Of Mind" (His "Blood On The Tracks" divorce was much publicized at the time, but his "Time Out Of Mind" divorce just recently came to light. He had been secretly married for most of the '90s.) The Bobco Divorce Disk: it articulates pain so you don't have to!

"Situations have ended sad,
Relationships have all been bad:
Mine have been like Verlaine and Rimbaud."

By Verawench on Sunday, September 30, 2001 - 10:11 am: Edit

I'm kind of late on this post. I apologize. I spent the Sat. at a jazz fest in Kemah, Texas, drinking half-yard Shiner Bocks and eating giant sausages and going on the ferris wheel over and over. I tried to win Head a giant neon-colored monkey but I just didn't have enough upper body strength to hit that hammer and make the voice say "Wowsah!".

By Verawench on Sunday, September 30, 2001 - 10:07 am: Edit

""fucked up" "closet gay" "habitual liar" "commitment phobic" then you'd know what you're getting into!"

Fine. But it's never that simple anyway. No human is entirely flawed. All my exes have redeemable qualities that, if I were properly enticed or inebriated, might just draw me back to them (she had the body of a Caravaggio gypsy... he was romantic and had amazing taste in music.. etc).

People are inherently damned, confused, damaged and alone. Having no illusions, I've let each one of my lovers go with relative ease - and I am content of having had, for a time, several times, a semblance of togetherness and warmth and love. No regrets.

By Cheri on Sunday, September 30, 2001 - 08:34 am: Edit

Melissa Ethridge's self titled first album is my really bum out cry cry cry one..especially since i had to be informed that there was another woman.. i mean shit..i could have been miserable enough with just being dumped. why add a painful visual to it all??!!!! I'm a very emotional Pisces.. I don't take these things very well.

I had two glasses of NS 70... the room was kinda rolling about after awhile since I have no appetite..I fell asleep in my clothes. Now i have a headache and still feel like shit.

Thank you all for your support.

It would be oh so easy if people would come with instructions... warning labels, perhaps..

"fucked up" "closet gay" "habitual liar" "commitment phobic" then you'd know what you're getting into!

I am close to harrisburg.. baltimore isn't that far.. sounds like a good idea to me, rabbit!!!

By Bryan on Sunday, September 30, 2001 - 07:55 am: Edit

Uncle is right, the Faith No More disc is the one. That one got me through a divorce, the entire thing is incredible. Instead of Slayer, try W.A.S.P., the K.F.D. disc, unbelievably angry and hostile, the songwriter on that one was definitely going through a breakup.

By Uncle on Sunday, September 30, 2001 - 07:41 am: Edit

When someone reaches in and pulls out your soul, I enjoy these two CD in their entirerty: the verve's Urban hymns and faith no more's album of the year , speacilly the 3 track Last cup of sarrow. after these cd,s are played fully then put on some slayer and smash their car windows out.you should be good and shitfaced! you will sleep better til the cops come.

By Geoffk on Sunday, September 30, 2001 - 07:03 am: Edit

"Losing My Religion" is great, but it's too catchy and uptempo to be a real breakup song. Try "Time After Time" by Cyndi Lauper and see if that doesn't make you cry.

-- Geoff K.

By Head_Prosthesis on Sunday, September 30, 2001 - 06:21 am: Edit

New from RonCO

Fork On!
Fork Off!
Fork on, Fork off
The Forker...

By Mr_Rabbit on Saturday, September 29, 2001 - 11:19 pm: Edit

John Cale singing heartbreak hotel. Ah! OOH!

Man O man. That was a moment, he was on tour with Siouxsie Siouxs current band, the Creatures.

BTW, Iggy Pop is on tour just now, as are the Thrill Kill Kult.

A refinement to the drink- add a dash (half as much as the coffee liquer) of Jim Beam (or similar) whiskey, the sweet kind, not the scotch kind. Also, a pinch of ground coffee.

I am reeaaaly liking this drink.

Reeeealy. Tomorrow at work, I will curse it. Just now, I bless it.

Just read an article in some fucking magazine or other. Did you know the fork, that venerable utensil, was once considered heresy among the christians?

They were, according to a pronouncement by the church, to use the forks God gave them (their fingers) rather than these technological perversions.

Vive Le Fork!

By Perruche_Verte on Saturday, September 29, 2001 - 11:08 pm: Edit

Jeez, there's a lot of this around isn't there?

Other songs from the soundtrack to that bad old movie: "Faded Flowers" by Shriekback and "Heartbreak Hotel", both the Elvis version and the 120 to 160-degrees distant John Cale cover.

Hang in there, all of you, and try to have a little fun while you're working through it.

By Mr_Rabbit on Saturday, September 29, 2001 - 10:42 pm: Edit

Cheri, I am down with comfortably numb. My bride-to-be dumped me pretty recently (has anyone noticed how flaky and less-than-together the rabbit has been? I try to cover, I really do...)

Mmmmm.... numb! If they could bottle that stuff- oh wait, they do!

Mayhap we should get together and get drunk, with as many local absintheurs as can be found (you out there, Loucheliver?) I am just up here in Harrisburg.

Anywho, if you are interested, drop me an email or post or something. It's always better to cry into your beer (or absinthe, as the case may be) in company.

In honor of the occaision, I have made a new drink.

I call it the 'When I drink alone.'

One part Jagermeister, one part absinthe, a healthy dash of coffee liquer. Add heartache, shake and serve over rocks.

By Emmy on Saturday, September 29, 2001 - 10:27 pm: Edit

i'm right there with ya Cheri. good luck. we'll be ok.

By Perruche_Verte on Saturday, September 29, 2001 - 10:12 pm: Edit

Condolences. I recommend "The Big Sky" by Kate Bush. "Losing My Religion" by REM *only* if it's someone who really deserves being sad over.

By Cheri on Saturday, September 29, 2001 - 07:50 pm: Edit

awwwwwwww, thank you Head.. you're a dear...

By Head_Prosthesis on Saturday, September 29, 2001 - 07:39 pm: Edit

Message  from The ROCK

By Head_Prosthesis on Saturday, September 29, 2001 - 07:38 pm: Edit

My wrasslin' buddy has an owwie on her heart!!!
Come here and lemme give you a BIG HEAD HUG!!!

By Cheri on Saturday, September 29, 2001 - 06:58 pm: Edit

Ah, absinthe is a most wonderful drink (here's to NS 70) when loves goes wrong and you're dumped like yesterdays news..and you feel all sick inside like someone died, for that person had your heart..and the feeling just follows you around and around and you can't shake it...emptyness, loneliness, no future hopes... but a nice, cool glass of the green fairy can make it alright for now..and perhaps, soon, I will find one who deserves my heart! But for now, I partake of the elixir and that feeling that all is lost suddenly seems to quell into a stoic state of comfortably numb.

Yeah, I'm fucked up right now...

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page |Delete Conversation |Close Conversation |Move Conversation