Tori at the Paramount, Oakland

Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Thru December 2001: Tori at the Paramount, Oakland
By Geoffk on Monday, October 01, 2001 - 08:08 pm: Edit

Oh it's Tori AMOS that you guys are talking about.

I couldn't figure out why everyone was so worked up about Tori Spelling. I mean the plastic surgery came out well and all but still...

-- Geoff K.

By Verawench on Monday, October 01, 2001 - 03:26 pm: Edit

Tori Amos needs to have her vocal chords scraped out with an ice pick.

By _Blackjack on Monday, October 01, 2001 - 01:46 pm: Edit

Janeane Garofalo postponed her show here until next February...grumble...

By Rimbaud on Monday, October 01, 2001 - 01:19 pm: Edit

Tori Amos...yeeeeeeech!

By Emmy on Monday, October 01, 2001 - 12:07 pm: Edit

M,

thanks, been doing that. unfortunately i'm still not settled in completely. trying to find a job in the city, and working a lot less since the you know what :| have less income and more monthly payments. can't quite afford the 5 to 6 times markup on eBay just yet. also trying to get two tickets. might just have to settle for one when the time comes.

speaking of JD, a friend recently lent me a pre-JD album under the name of "Warsaw". awesome stuff, especially the bonus tracks which are totally punked out. a lot of stuff you'd recognize that they put out later as JD.

By Verawench on Monday, October 01, 2001 - 10:58 am: Edit

Wolf,

New Order retained some of JD's morbidity (is that a word?) in its lyrics but the music and vocals are so damn bouncy and unbearable that I prefer to stay away from them. With the exception of "Regret", which makes me cry...

By Morriganlefey on Monday, October 01, 2001 - 09:52 am: Edit

Em - search the Tori message boards & auction sites (yes, even Ebay). If you're willing to pay (BIG), you'll find your ticket. That's where I am right now with Bjork - about willing to give up a limb for a ticket.

- M

By Wolfgang on Monday, October 01, 2001 - 09:25 am: Edit

Vera : well, you can still see New Order ... but I think it`s just another band who forgot to retire when they quit Joy.D..

By Pataphysician on Monday, October 01, 2001 - 09:24 am: Edit

I saw Iggy in May. I hope for your sake he does the exact same set. UN-FUCKING-BELIEVABLE. Mostly songs from his new album and Stooges stuff, all played in a uniformly Loud And Fast Aural Shitstorm. (Or to quote a friend about The Clash's Feb. 1979 Cleveland show: "A raging slab of musical hate.") You will not be disappointed. Iggy won't allow it.

By Mr_Rabbit on Sunday, September 30, 2001 - 07:31 pm: Edit

I got tickets to Iggy Pop. :-D

Woo Hoo!

By Verawench on Sunday, September 30, 2001 - 05:06 pm: Edit

"Say, when is he finally gonna get that clothes line noose from around his neck?"

By Verawench on Sunday, September 30, 2001 - 05:03 pm: Edit

Or Joy Division!

By Thegreenimp on Sunday, September 30, 2001 - 03:47 pm: Edit

Could be worse, you could be waiting for Kate Bush to tour again...........!
Jay

By Pataphysician on Sunday, September 30, 2001 - 01:30 pm: Edit

Yeah, as my friend said: "Doesn't Nick understand that then THEY win?!"

To which I replied: "I'm not sure which side Nick would be on."

By Head_Prosthesis on Sunday, September 30, 2001 - 11:31 am: Edit

At least she's still playing and you have a chance.

Nick Cave cancelled his entire North American Tour.

By Emmy on Sunday, September 30, 2001 - 11:25 am: Edit

BAH!!!!

first i missed the presale because of a faulty password... the i get stuck on hold for half an hour and when i finally got through to someone the show was sold out... BOTH shows, they'd added a second night...

anyhoo, i seriously NEED to go to this concert on either date (Nov 11 or 12). Tori has gotten me through a lot of shit in my life, and right now i'm in quite a bit of it. seeing her live would fucking make my year.

if anyone in the Bay Area has or knows someone who has an extra ticket (or preferably two), please let me know. not looking for charity here, will pay :)

emiliano@usermail.com

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page |Delete Conversation |Close Conversation |Move Conversation