Im new here!!

Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Thru December 2001: Im new here!!
By Morriganlefey on Friday, October 12, 2001 - 04:27 pm: Edit

I wanna hear more about the Blob Creatures with Suction-Cup Legs!! YEA baby!!

- M

By royale on Friday, October 12, 2001 - 04:24 pm: Edit

This forum is fun. I am not sure If I just haven't woken up from last nights dream where I was pulling blob type creatures with suction cup legs out of spider webs or If I am watching an online version of a high school ESL class production of "Waiting for Godot". Any way you slice it, I step away from the screen for a few days only to return to this insanity. This is far more entertaining then CNN.

By Tavarua on Friday, October 12, 2001 - 12:00 pm: Edit

"the real Don did create any of the end of Jade postings."

Sorry, I forgot the "not". Meant to say, "the real Done did not create any of the end of Jade postings."

By Tavarua on Friday, October 12, 2001 - 11:56 am: Edit

Everyone relax a little. There is a fairly obvious way to determine who the real Don is, and barring a few comments early on, the real Don did create any of the end of Jade postings. That was just another Troll.

By I must enter something as my username on Friday, October 12, 2001 - 09:39 am: Edit

Marc - wave your magic wand again, please. You're the only one who evidently has the respect necessary to accomplish such an enormous feat of diplomacy possible. Can we hire you next for the OBL and Bush talks?

By don_walsh on Friday, October 12, 2001 - 09:38 am: Edit

This will be my last post. I give up. really.

By TimK on Friday, October 12, 2001 - 09:36 am: Edit

God help me, I can't tell what's real anymore.

By Don_Walsh on Friday, October 12, 2001 - 09:35 am: Edit

You're all just shit out of luck. This entire environment has gone to hell. I'm sick of all of you and I'm not going to put up with it anymore. There is nothing that would justify putting up with tis sort of disrespect. Ted, you pretty boy, look what happened. You tell me to stay out of it, well I did, and now I'm tired of it. The old MastaDon is back, and I'm not taking this anymore. I'm breaking down the still tonight.

By Chrysippvs on Friday, October 12, 2001 - 09:32 am: Edit

Don, we had an agreement. You can't call off the launch!

By Don_Walsh on Friday, October 12, 2001 - 09:32 am: Edit

It's these trolls who have ruined the forum. I'm out of here.

By Chrysippvs on Tuesday, October 09, 2001 - 06:16 am: Edit

"Have you ever been associated with or been a troll yourself?"

-"I just came here to learn about absinthe...

"The Malleus Monstrorum (there is no Latin word for Troll..so sue me) declares that you are a troll and need to ne purged by the flames..."

-"huh, absinthe really does make you paranoid and crazy..I am out of here..."

By Marc on Tuesday, October 09, 2001 - 03:44 am: Edit

my first thought: the troll is back. but, this time we're ready for him.

By Heiko on Monday, October 08, 2001 - 08:02 am: Edit

"p.s.
please go f--- yourself. Thanks.

Only a troll would make this comment."

What? No. A troll would start a thread and write some stuff he mixed together from forum info.

*RRRRRRRIIINNNGGG*
Nice try, fireguy....

btw. Kallisti you might add to the forum faq that we will not answer to newbies who write something like "you can flame me if you want to" ;-)

By Eleusis on Monday, October 08, 2001 - 07:47 am: Edit

p.s.
please go f--- yourself. Thanks.

Only a troll would make this comment.

By Verawench on Sunday, October 07, 2001 - 02:13 pm: Edit

"Emmy, tomorrow night's your night isn't it?"

Nope. They cancelled because there are bombs raining down half a world away.

By Geoffk on Sunday, October 07, 2001 - 07:25 am: Edit

Soemthing in Japan that tastes like Anise? Well, that really narrows it down. It could be anything anise-flavored sold in the US (New Pernod, Ricard, Sambuca, Anisette etc.) or possibly (Suntory) Hermes "Absinthe", which is probably not absinthe at all. The closest European Absinthe to Hermes would be MAriMayans, and lots of people can't taste much wormwood in MM either.

None of the Spanish or European Absinthes are normally sold in Japan (except by mail from Europe--i.e. through Spirits Corner etc.) Real absinthe does taste like Anise--some--but, except for MM, there is a strong, slightly bitter taste of wormwood that's very noticable. It's a very complex drink, when done well.

I second what LH said about brands and add that N.S. has become very popular here as well--especially the 70 percent. I thank many people now prefer N.S. to Deva, as it's slightly less sweet. N.S., Serpis and Segarra are good first tries.

-- Geoff K.

p.s.
I assume that you're not the troll. If you are, than please go f--- yourself. Thanks.

By Lordhobgoblin on Saturday, October 06, 2001 - 09:00 am: Edit

Fireguy,

Check out http://www.spiritscorner.com type in absenta and you'll get a list to choose from at affordable prices.

The trouble with this forum is that in reality there is only so much a person can say about a bottle of green booze and then people get bored and talk about other things. Then someone disagrees with your point of view, or indeed your right to express it, starts calling your mother a cock-sucker etc. The best thing would probably be to walk away but who's going to walk away after insults like that?

Anyway welcome. IMO the best absinthes commercially available are Serpis, Deva, Segarra (all available from Spirits Corner) and Sebor. But rather than take my word for it order a bottle of every brand available from Spirit's Corner and make up your own mind.

Hobgoblin

By Perruche_Verte on Saturday, October 06, 2001 - 08:11 am: Edit

Christ, how can a firefighter afford La Bleue at U.S. prices? Welcome, anyway...

By Head_Prosthesis on Saturday, October 06, 2001 - 06:12 am: Edit

Emmy, tomorrow night's your night isn't it? Big Gala Event on Television. Badly dressed famous people. Awards for Silly TV Programs.

I only hope my McMahon Family can get that Emmy for Most Electrifying Program in Sports Entertainment...

The time has come to give them their props.

By Emmy on Saturday, October 06, 2001 - 03:06 am: Edit

i love Head =)

By Head_Prosthesis on Friday, October 05, 2001 - 10:30 pm: Edit

It's very much about the drink. The relationships evolve on their own.

By Fireguy on Friday, October 05, 2001 - 10:02 pm: Edit

I was in Japan in the early 80's I remember drinking something that tasted like anise....well I have been getting regular shipments here now. I must say that some of the things said on here about certain people are not very nice. I thought this was about the...enjoyment of the beverage and not about flaming people...by the way I can take the flame's if you dont like me, I fight forest fire's so have at it. Anyway there are some good people here in the states that ship on time and always do what they say.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page |Delete Conversation |Close Conversation |Move Conversation