Absinthe Majongg

Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Thru December 2001: Absinthe Majongg
By Mr_Rabid on Monday, October 08, 2001 - 01:35 pm: Edit

Now I wish I had a computer that could support the creation of Flash or Shockwave games...

By Verawench on Sunday, October 07, 2001 - 09:57 pm: Edit

Interesting, Rabbit.. two nights ago in a shower I thought of Absinthe: the RPG Game for PC/Macintosh.

You can choose one of three character classes: the Drunken Dwarf (suspicious T-L look-alike), the Toasted Tart (think one of Degas' ladies of ill repute), or, if you're feeling good about yourself, the Brave Breaux (that underwear model thing comes to mind).

You are to go meet and consult with the Green Fairy herself, but not before battling various incarnations of walking-stick-fielding and very drunk Verlaines and Rimbauds, and definitely not before being dry-humped by O. Wilde himself. If you manage to fight off Mr. Wilde's advances, he will quote some clever paradox and offer you his absinthe spoon which you will use as your weapon to battle the various seediness of the Parisian underworld circa 1880's.

But beware! Before you arrive in Pontalier to meet Her Greenness herself, you will encounter at least one suspicious gentleman in a checkered (Czech-ered.. huh-huh) suit, who will attempt to convince you that the magic password into the Fairy's palace is "thujone". To defeat this particularly nasty brand of demon, jab Oscar's spoon straight into the foul creature's heart and carry it with you to the Green Fairy.

If, however, you fall for the trickery, you will be met at the gates of the Fairy's palace by the Great Big Mango himself (a very angry ogre type) who, upon hearing you utter the t-word, will very simply devour you alive.

I won't give away what happens when you actually get to meet the Fairy but let's just say it can go either way.

Copyright 2001 VeraWench Multimedia

By Head_Prosthesis on Sunday, October 07, 2001 - 09:23 pm: Edit

Trippy too is that the tiles were brought up during a sugar cube story recently and I inherited my Grandmother's set. Brought it home today.

I also saw a deluxe set at an antique show today, as well as lots of potential "Absinthe" collectables to peddle to the unknowing masses on Ebay.

I have no idea how to play...

Mao Xiaong

I've seen about ten different spellings too.

By Mr_Rabid on Sunday, October 07, 2001 - 05:46 pm: Edit

Gamma rays and absinthe. Does it every time...

By Verawench on Sunday, October 07, 2001 - 04:53 pm: Edit

What have you done with the fuzzy, lovable Mr. Rabbit?

By Mr_Rabid on Sunday, October 07, 2001 - 04:48 pm: Edit

Itching, foaming... being terrified of water.

It does all this and more!

By Verawench on Sunday, October 07, 2001 - 04:36 pm: Edit

With a name like yours, I'm sure we're all itching for that .exe file.

By Mr_Rabid on Sunday, October 07, 2001 - 04:31 pm: Edit

I can't spell Majong to save my life!

Anyhow, I have this ancient shareware game, solitare majong. So I made these tiles for it with an absinthe forum theme.

A beautiful way to waste time.

It will run on windows, and the file is small enough to email.

If anyone wants a copy, drop me a line and it's on the way...

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page |Delete Conversation |Close Conversation |Move Conversation