This is strange...

Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Thru December 2001: This is strange...
By Verawench on Thursday, November 08, 2001 - 05:27 pm: Edit

It's going on the shelf alongside my Ritalin Pez Dispenser.

By Morriganlefey on Thursday, November 08, 2001 - 04:06 pm: Edit

Mmmmm...gotta love those splashy cartoon-character morphine dispensers!

-M

By Chrysippvs on Thursday, November 08, 2001 - 01:54 pm: Edit

how about this

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1658368049

"MIGHTY MORPHINE RED POWER RANGER WATER BOTTLE"

By Morriganlefey on Thursday, November 08, 2001 - 01:45 pm: Edit

This, also, is STRANGE (and a perfect example of WHY I LOVE E-BAY):

EXTREMES Murder Cannibalism Heretics Absinthe

Wow. You've been secretly searching for writings about medieval nuns, nasty french rulers, classical composers, serial killers, erections, Braille, AND our beloved green fairy all in one volume, haven't you? Now who will beat me to buying it??!?

- M

By Mordantiabat on Tuesday, November 06, 2001 - 02:15 am: Edit

It's nothing insidious. It's a corrupted tree file. I looked at it this morning and it told me that much. I apparently don't have the password level to get in to fix the glitch. The tree file's been kinda screwy for days now.

Sorry about that. I think Kallisti's due back tomorrow. She will fix all.

By Dr_Ordinaire on Tuesday, November 06, 2001 - 12:05 am: Edit

The strangeness continues: I have more than one AOL screen-name. I get different news on each!

I change back and forth and one says: "Taliban holding ground" while the other says: "How to beat a bad economy".

By the way, as far as the war in Afghanistan is concerned, AOL is two days behind international newspapers.

Today an Argentinian newspaper spoke of considerable U.S. casualties reported by the Taliban...

By Geoffk on Monday, November 05, 2001 - 11:12 pm: Edit

You're definitely righ about the wrong message counts. Also, I've noticed a strange message in the preview screen header. It's something like:

* 1902/142 not in tree file! *

I never noticed these before. Finally, there was at least one case where I simply was unable to post in a thread for a while (the anthrax thread). It kept saying that the post was zero length and refusing to put it up. Eventually, somebody else posted in that thread, and then I was able to post the identical message that was refused before. (The preview screen came up ok, except for the 'not in tree file' message).

There does seem to be some strangeness going on.

-- Geoff K.

By Cheese on Monday, November 05, 2001 - 11:10 pm: Edit

It's a cracker alert!

(just testing to see if my account works)

By Dr_Ordinaire on Monday, November 05, 2001 - 10:30 pm: Edit

In the "Absinthe as contraband" thread there are supposed to be 14 posts, but only 9 show up.

In my "For the seekers..." I see seven posts, but only 2 show up.

Also, the last post one does, does not automatically scroll up to the top of the list.

Troll/hacker alert?

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page |Delete Conversation |Close Conversation |Move Conversation