Are Shipments Getting Through? Or Not?

Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Thru December 2001: Are Shipments Getting Through? Or Not?
By Mvario on Monday, December 03, 2001 - 07:28 pm: Edit

Woo Hoo! The order finally arrived!

By Mr_Rabid on Thursday, November 29, 2001 - 04:20 pm: Edit

Got mine, 10 days exactly after shipping.

By Mvario on Thursday, November 29, 2001 - 04:10 pm: Edit

One for two so far.

I got my second order, shipped Nov 20, today. Still waiting on the order shipped on Nov 16.

Hmmm, when I went to pick it up the folks at the post office seemed a little happier than usual...

By _Blackjack on Monday, November 26, 2001 - 06:44 pm: Edit

I placed an order 2 weeks ago and it arrived in 7 days.

By Mvario on Monday, November 26, 2001 - 05:47 pm: Edit

I'll let you know. I have 2 orders coming from SpiritsCorner (which will be my first taste and break my cherry) the first of which was shipped on the 16. No sign yet, but I'm in Manhattan, and I think lots of the postal workers here are working in hasmat suits, and my local post office has a reputation for not exactly the fastest throughput.

By Don_Walsh on Thursday, November 22, 2001 - 06:40 am: Edit

The consensus of messages public and private is that shipments are not being held up because of changes in the way we all look at security since Sept 11, nor for any other reason.

Das' GOOOD.

It will be interesting to see whether things tighten up a little during the holiday season, as they did late lasy year, for reasons that have nothing to do with mad Arabs, anthrax, or anything other than the greed of the various US state revenue departments.

By Tlautrec on Wednesday, November 21, 2001 - 10:53 am: Edit

Back to the main topic of the thread, yes indeed, shipments are getting through. Cristina sent me a message re shipment of my order about 10 days ago, and lo! and behold! last night, sitting there on the front stoop is a most welcome package from Barcelona!!! Life is good.

By Dr_Ordinaire on Wednesday, November 21, 2001 - 10:19 am: Edit

This is a little bit out of topic, but what the hell...
If you come to Northern California, go to a "head shop" and check the Proto-Pipe.

It's made out of brass, with interlocking parts, an absolutely beautiful design.

Even if you don't smoke weed (I don't myself) this pipe is just a beautiful thing to have.

By Wolfgang on Wednesday, November 21, 2001 - 07:53 am: Edit

I also have a hooka (shisha or narguille, wathever the name...)at home. It's very enjoyable to smoke a big boal of mint (or rose or jasmin) flavored tobacco with it while sipping absinthe. Unfortunatly it's quite difficult to find this kind of tobacco around here and even more dificult to find un-flavored ones...

By Don_Walsh on Sunday, November 18, 2001 - 12:18 am: Edit

We have a hookah here at the House of Jade, it was a gift from a Syrian guest and was hand carried all the way from Dubai where he lives. Fruit flavored tobacco brick, little briqettes of charcoal to sit atop the (very wet) tobacco to get it to burn, the whole kit. Just a single hose though, not like the much larger more expensive communal hookahs one would need for a bar. I only smoke it occasionally, and as a pipe/cigar smoker I never inhale.

No Jade hookah jokes pls.

By Geoffk on Sunday, November 18, 2001 - 12:14 am: Edit

In fairness, I think that it's harder to smoke a pipe properly than to prepare a glass of absinthe. Even so, most people *couldn't* be bothered to prepare a glass of absinthe properly or even learn how to, hence the lack of understanding of how to do so (e.g. the "flaming spoon").

As for the prohibition/anti-smoking factor, that might indeed be an issue. Still, here in Japan, cigar bars are quite popular, and I've heard that they have them in the States as well. There's nothing inherently more intoxicating about a hookah than a cigar, except for the exotic image. I think a lot of people do associate them with the caterpiller from the Disney Alice in Wonderland and hashish/opium smoking, though. Whether that would be a problem or a selling point is debatable.

-- Geoff K.

By Crosby on Saturday, November 17, 2001 - 11:41 pm: Edit

"I think the biggest reason that Hookah bars wouldn't really catch on here mostly because keeping a hookah bowl stoked and burning properly--like any pipe bowl--requires some effort and skill which most people couldn't be bothered to learn, especially cigarette smokers"

I think a bigger factor is that the public at large has been inundated with all the prohibitionist antismoking propaganda. I know plenty of cigarette smokers who enjoy smoking a pipe or a cigar. To say that they can't be bothered is akin to saying that someone who drinks beer can't be bothered to properly prepare a glass of absinthe.

By Geoffk on Saturday, November 17, 2001 - 10:54 pm: Edit

I've tried a bunch of those aluminum or nyulon pipes with the briar bowls that screw in. They're ok, but I don't find that the stem cools the smoke any, and gunk tends to accumlate under the bowl, so they need to be cleaned pretty well (It's best to do it right away also, when they cool, it gets gummy and nasty.) In all, they are cool in a nerdy way, but not my favorites.

I DO like the traditional calabashes. Besides looking realy cool, the big airspace tends to cool the smoke nicely, and they don't seem to accumulate any gunk (or if they do, it is just invisibly absorbed. You do get a lot Sherlock Holmes jokes though (especially if you wear your deerstalker cap with it...)

I find water pipes make pipe smoke TOO cool and also filter out too much of the taste. Of course, I never inhale (much like Bill Clinton), so the mildness of the smoke is not really an advantage for me. I think the biggest reason that Hookah bars wouldn't really catch on here mostly because keeping a hookah bowl stoked and burning properly--like any pipe bowl--requires some effort and skill which most people couldn't be bothered to learn, especially cigarette smokers.

-- Geoff K.

By Etienne on Saturday, November 17, 2001 - 06:44 pm: Edit

I have a couple of Petersons and an old Barling. I don't smoke them much, but once in a while I get in the mood. I think that the Barling is the best of the bunch.

By Chevalier on Saturday, November 17, 2001 - 05:26 pm: Edit

Tav, can you say "Taffy's Bar" in Chinatown? Sounds like a smoky vision out of "Blade Runner". Of course the hose bits would have to be sterilized -- or disposable, I guess.

By Tavarua on Saturday, November 17, 2001 - 04:07 pm: Edit

Exotic only in the romantic sense. All the materials needed, I believe, were quite inexpensive. The tobacco came in brick form, and the hookahs, while somewhat aesthetically pleasing, were nothing more than brass, felt and hose. Id say value wise, it's the best deal around. I am not sure that regular smokers would find it as appeasing, as it is real mellow feeling in the lung, not like the harshness of a tailor made cigarette.

I can't believe it has not caught on over here yet as it has over there. The bars all have them nailed to the tabletops and people spend hours smoking and drinking. I think something like that would take off here in the states. Shit, they have cigar bars, and I guarantee you that walking into one of these establishments would be much more pleasant than walking into a cigar bar.

By Chevalier on Saturday, November 17, 2001 - 02:37 pm: Edit

Sounds pretty exotic, Tav.

Geoff, I collected pipes too, estate mostly; in addition to the usual briars, I found myself drawn to Art Deco-inspired bakelite pieces, as well as those gimmicky but wild-looking aluminum types (E & G Airflow, Luminum 40, Aristocob, etc.). One of my favorites is a briar pipe from the 1939 New York World's Fair: it's shaped like the fair's trylon (stem) and perisphere (bowl).

By Tavarua on Saturday, November 17, 2001 - 09:33 am: Edit

I'm not much of a smoker, Cigars on occasion, but that's about it. However, when my cousin came back from overseas, he brought several 4 hose hukas and a few pounds of this Indian or Egyption strawberry tabacco. I went to one of his potluck dinners, and after, he brought out the hukas and packed up a huge bowl of this tabacco and like everyone else, I took a few tugs. Shit was so smooth it was unbelievable, and actually quite pleasant. If you ever get the chance give it a shot.

By Geoffk on Saturday, November 17, 2001 - 08:25 am: Edit

I've smoked Petersons. I like the way they look, but I never understood the purpose of the bit. I like the smoke on my tongue, not up around the roof of my mouth somewhere.

As of 1995, Balken Sobranie was easy to get in the US. I haven't seen it in Japan, so I can't say, but there are many fine Latakia/Turkish blends available, so I wouldn't be too upset if that particular one disappeared. Perique is harder to find in blends, although Dunhill did have one (the "Elizabethan") that had some in it. I really like it straight, but if you think Latakia and cigars smell bad, try straight Perique. It's awful.

I love Meerschaums, and I'm probably one of the only (tobacco) pipe smoker who really likes clay pipes. I find that they have a nice earthy taste, and they remind me of the very first days of smoking (i.e. the 1600's, 1700's etc.) I mean, for fun, I've tried just about every kind of pipe there is: huge German wood and porcealin pipes, water pipes, Butz-Choquins with albatross stems, plastic and metal pipes, etc. I had over 100 pipes at one point, including a lot of nice ones (Dunhills, Meerschaums, Danish freehands etc.)

-- Geoff K.

By Lordhobgoblin on Friday, November 16, 2001 - 11:29 pm: Edit

Chevalier,

My father did smoke a Peterson's pipe (before he threw it in the fire one evening and gave up smoking for good). The only pipe I ever smoked was at University, a tiny little homemade clay hash-pipe.

Hobgoblin

By Chevalier on Friday, November 16, 2001 - 12:21 pm: Edit

Should have added that eBay does a very thriving business in new and estate pipes. Some beautiful examples and more than a few bargains.

By Chevalier on Friday, November 16, 2001 - 12:04 pm: Edit

It's one of life's little ironies that the pipe tobacco aroma most favored by women with fond memories of their pipe-smoking relatives comes from the worst-tasting tobaccos around: aromatics. Latakia, on the other hand, sends these these ladies running for cover. Tastes great to the smoker. Smells like steaming camel dung to the bystander.

Cheers to those here who've tried Balkan Sobranie. For me, it has remained as elusive as Jade. (So far!)

By Don_Walsh on Friday, November 16, 2001 - 08:28 am: Edit

Marc, brother, I heard KK was ill but hadn't heard that he passed. A real loss. Not only Cuckoo's Nest but the whole body of his work stands with his friends Jack K.'s and Allen G.'s as some of the great rebel poetry and prose of the last century.

As for Sobranie, earthy yes, what I mostly liked was that unlike a whole lot of other tobaccos I tried it wasn't flavored dung of the drugstore variety -- even though if you weren't smoking it you might assume it was UNflavored dung of the gerat outdoors variety.

And much later in life I met a number of Green Beret colonels who smoked it. They liked their smoke real, too, I guess.

I see on the Net that 20 yr old sealed tins are going for $125.

And people are complaining that the current stuff ain't as good as the old. I did not notice any decline when I last had some. I hope I don't when I next do.

Love ya,

D

By Timk on Friday, November 16, 2001 - 07:35 am: Edit

BJ - I hope they are legit, as those prices are unbelievable - oh well, I eagerly await my package

By Marccampbell on Friday, November 16, 2001 - 03:21 am: Edit

I'm mentioning Ken Kesey's death because someone here has to. The motherfucker was a true pioneer.
Cuckoo's Nest
changed my life.

By Marccampbell on Friday, November 16, 2001 - 03:20 am: Edit

I'm mentioning Ken Kesey's death because someone here has to. The motherfucker was a true pioneer.
i Cuckoo's Nest
changed my life.

By Marccampbell on Friday, November 16, 2001 - 03:18 am: Edit

Don,

I used to smoke Balkan Sobranie back in the late 60s. Alot of hipsters did. Its an earthy smoke.

By Don_Walsh on Friday, November 16, 2001 - 12:10 am: Edit

Surely I can't be the only Balkan Sobranie smoker on the forum? It's by an old English tobacco broker, Sobranie House, London, and has been around forever. I believe in USA they no longer carry the metal cans of the stuff, up to half a kilo net, but only the little pouches. And you'll have to go to a good tobacconist to find even those. Not a pharmacy.

They also make neat expensive cigarettes.

By _Blackjack on Thursday, November 15, 2001 - 07:55 pm: Edit

I double checked, and it wasn't http://www.cigartradingonline.com which had the bad rep for fakes, but another site with a very similar name. Cigar Trading Online appears to be a fairly new outfit, but I've come across a few good reviews.

However, I have discovered a snag: I was going to give them a try, since they sell singles, but when I arrived at the page asking for credit-card info, I discovered that it was NOT a secure page. I wrote them about it, and, to their credit, they responded quickly. Their English was kind of broken, but they said that the age was secute, but it wasn't showing up as such and that their bank was working on the problem. I'm not convinced, so I'd be wary of ordering if you don't see the little "lock" icon on your browser showing a secure connection.

By _Blackjack on Thursday, November 15, 2001 - 07:39 pm: Edit

My limited experience with pipes has been that they tend to focus more on the aroma and less on the flavor of the smoke, with cigars being the other way around. I don't care if I'm stinking up the room, as long as it tastes good.

Tho it seems that Don has found something with the same effect for pipes.

By Don_Walsh on Thursday, November 15, 2001 - 06:46 pm: Edit

Actually, I still consider myself a pipe smoker although at the moment I have no pipe -- I am arranging to get some meerschaums from Istanbul. I have preferred carved block meerschaums for about 25 years. And for 30 years my only brand of pipe tobacco has been Balkan Sobranie white label with occasional forays into black label. Sobranie tastes grand but has an aroma that the uninitiated find oppressive (like, people check the garbage to see if it's on fire.) The mixture is a blend of selected virginias with latakia and turkish yenidje as I recall.

I will admit having smoked pure Perique experimentally as a young man.

But during this hiatus since my last pipe succumbed a few years ago, I have just been smoking Cuban cigars when I have them and going without in between shipments of 2-3 boxes at a time.

By Chevalier on Thursday, November 15, 2001 - 07:47 am: Edit

Yes, Geoff, it's a time-consuming hobby, but so is absinthe-sipping (or at least it should be).

Speaking of pipes and tobaccos ... I picture Don with a Peterson's, its military bit clenched between his teeth, drawing in a cut plug of pure Perique or Java. Hobgoblin would have a Peterson's too (sans the military bit), but he'd favor a cross-cut Cavendish blend, perhaps with some ready-rubbed Latakia. Kallisti and Morrigan would be puffing away at dainty, rhinestone-studded Kaywoodies, enjoying their absinthe-flavored aromatics, and Verawench would sport a heavy cherrywood and porcelain Polish pipe (with tassels), filled with Balkan Sobranie. Blackjack would be spotted with an black aluminum Porsche smoker. Petermarc would enjoy his Butz-Choquin. It's easy to guess what our Canadians would smoke: Canadians, packed with Old Belt. Our Scandinavian friends would be happy with their Poul Winslows and W.O. Larsens, and the mighty Germans among us would have carved meerschaum pipes to deal with. Not forgetting the douty Dutch, who wouldn't be seen without their clay pipes and van Rossem's Troost Slices.

By Geoffk on Thursday, November 15, 2001 - 06:04 am: Edit

I was heavily into pipe smoking for a while, but I never seem to have the time right now. It's a nice habit. Pipes are fun to collect and the cost of tobacco is very reasonable, even for good stuff. Even more than cigars, you get to learn a lot about different kinds of tobacco and learn what blends suit you (assuming you don't just settle on some sickly-sweet cavendish blend from CVS). I'm partial to NOL's very own Perique tobaccos (which are basically impossible to find in Japan, alas...)

The downside of pipe smoking isn't really the expense. You only need a few pipes to start and inexpensive ones are ok (the biggest difference in expensive and cheap briers is the exterior finish--i.e. stone pits, scars etc that make the finished pipe "ugly". The downside is that it takes time to learn to smoke properly and more time to actually do it. A pipe may take 30 minutes or an hour to smoke (vs. a minute or so for a cigarette), so it's a leisurely and unhurried activity. In the beginning, expect to burn your tongue a few times and get a mouthful of tar and juice a few times as well. Once you get the hang of it, this will stop.

If you have any questions about pipe smoking (types of tobacco, pipes, technique, etc.) feel free to post or email me.

Good luck!
-- Geoff K.

By Chevalier on Wednesday, November 14, 2001 - 03:44 pm: Edit

Forgot to add that seasoned pipe smokers clean out their bowls with 151-proof Bacardi rum. In this case, they and I part ways ...

I use Deva.

By Chevalier on Wednesday, November 14, 2001 - 03:34 pm: Edit

Timk, you're right in that an unsmoked Dunhill, for example, runs high. At this point, you'd pay for the name even more than the quality of the pipe. However, good pipes from some traditional centers of pipe production -- France, England, Ireland and Denmark -- and those made by home-based artisans worldwide can be fairly reasonable, less than $100 in many cases. And most pipe tobaccos (excluding the now defunct Balkan Sobranie, the holy grail of smokers) cost notably less than cigarettes or cigars.

You'd need to invest in a pipe, pipe cleaners, pipe bowl sweetener, a reamer perhaps, a tamper/scraper and small amounts of various tobaccos and blends to experiment with. The whole thing shouldn't run you over $150. Start with a drugstore pipe like Dr. Grabow, and the total cost goes down to $70.

By Timk on Wednesday, November 14, 2001 - 03:20 pm: Edit

I have considered it, but the initial start up costs - i.e. pipe put me off

By Chevalier on Wednesday, November 14, 2001 - 03:16 pm: Edit

Well, I never thought I'd bring this up on an absinthe forum, but now seems as good a time as any: Is anyone here a pipe smoker? Tobacco pipes, I mean.

By Timk on Wednesday, November 14, 2001 - 03:15 pm: Edit

$20, ha, £20 is cheap here in the U.K. - personally I would prefer a H-D-M Double Corona at nearly half the price

TimK

By Timk on Wednesday, November 14, 2001 - 03:12 pm: Edit

Cheers for the information BlackJack
I shall let you all know what the result is when they arrive - if theyre real, theyre probably your cheapest bet PV.

TimK

By _Blackjack on Wednesday, November 14, 2001 - 03:10 pm: Edit

I had a friend of a friend try to convince me to help her sell some fake Habanos recently. Supposedly, she was selling them for a friend who had family in Cuba and who needed the money to stay in school here.

It was pretty clear before I even got a close look at them that they were fake, since the Cohiba band was all wrong. The were also VERY rough, and didn't look like Cuban tobacco to me. I tried to tell her politely, and she replied that she KNEW they were fake; she just wanted my help to sell them.

For $20 a stick.

I'd be reluctant to pay that for a REAL Esplendido (that's about the right price, but I'm not a huge Cohiba fan...)

For info on spotting fakes:

http://www.cigarnexus.com/counsel/counterfeit/index.html

For reviews of various merchants:

http://www.cigarsites.com/Cigars_Cuban/

By Louched_Liver on Wednesday, November 14, 2001 - 12:32 pm: Edit

I only suggested you contact SC to see if their shipments were being tampered with. Not to order from them.

By Perruche_Verte on Wednesday, November 14, 2001 - 12:17 pm: Edit

"Not sure I could identify a faked Cuban..."

Oh, unless his moustache hung somewhat askew and he spoke with a ridiculous Ricky Ricardo accent...

By Perruche_Verte on Wednesday, November 14, 2001 - 12:13 pm: Edit

I will probably not get a box, just a few singles. so SC is out for now. Good luck, TimK, I hope you're pleased with your order.

Not sure I could identify a faked Cuban if I wasn't familiar with the brand, unless it was
utter crap, so I'm a little wary of going with the lowest price.

I seem to recall a "factoid" saying that annual sales of "Cuban" cigars are something like 15-20% higher than actual annual production. So fakes have got to be a huge industry.

PV

By _Blackjack on Wednesday, November 14, 2001 - 11:34 am: Edit

I have heard some talk that they sell fakes. Not ALL fakes, just some. I avoid Spanish dealers simply because there are a lot more fakes in Spain than in other parts of Europe, and their quality control is less stringent. If you are looking to avoid UK taxes, consider Swiss or Dutch dealers. They aren't qhite as cheap as Spain, but much cheaper than the UK.

By Timk on Wednesday, November 14, 2001 - 06:35 am: Edit

Talking of Cuban Cigars, has anyone tried

http://www.cigartradingonline.com - im U.K. so its legal :P
I have out in a test order, as they dont charge shipping on any sized order of cigars, so I ordered a Montecristo A and a Hoyo De Monterrey Double corona for £15 less than the U.K. retail price of a Montecristo A - if they look suspect, out with the razor blade, if they are genuine, well, I know where I am going to be buying all my cigars from in the future

TimK

By Louched_Liver on Tuesday, November 13, 2001 - 06:45 pm: Edit

PV,
SC sells Cubans, well, their cigars anyway. Why not e-mail the ever helpfull Cristina and see what trouble, if any, they've had?

Butting in,
The Liver

By Crosby on Tuesday, November 13, 2001 - 06:28 pm: Edit

I had three of five botles arrive a week ago, eight days to reach me. Christine wrote that the order was filled and sent so I'm starting to wonder about the other two.

By Perruche_Verte on Sunday, November 11, 2001 - 03:58 pm: Edit

Thanks, BJ, any recommendations? Email me privately if you want.

By _Blackjack on Sunday, November 11, 2001 - 03:29 pm: Edit

I haven't tired, but the talk on alt.smokers.cigars doesn't seem to indicate things are any worse than usual. If you stick with merchants with a good re-ship policy, it shouldn't be a problem anyway.

By Perruche_Verte on Sunday, November 11, 2001 - 03:07 pm: Edit

Another question about what's getting through:

Has anyone in the U.S. ordered Cuban cigars since September 11th, and have they arrived OK?

Plenty of people report their absinthe packages being opened (by Customs?), resealed and shipped anyway. This has happened to me at least once. As stated here before, the real hurdle doesn't seem to be in Customs.

However, I imagine that anyone in Customs opening a package of Cubans would know immediately what it was, and it would go no further.

By Lordhobgoblin on Sunday, November 04, 2001 - 12:40 am: Edit

Blackjack,

If you're looking for leather pants, the only place you'll be able to buy them over here is in Gay S&M shop. If however that is your sort of thing then you could always go shopping for them in Soho. Afterall it takes all sorts to make a world.

Leather trousers on the other hand can be purchased in high street retailers.

Hobgoblin
(Everyone in the USA has been walking around in their pants since 1960, even in the Midwest Bible-belt, even in Salt Lake City??!! And I thought the USA was all a bit puritanical.)

By Geoffk on Saturday, November 03, 2001 - 06:10 am: Edit

Hey BJ, relax. Don't get your pants in a bunch (or is it trousers...)

-- Geoff K.

By _Blackjack on Saturday, November 03, 2001 - 05:07 am: Edit

They will be trousers until such a point as they cross the Atlantic, at which point they will be pants. I'm willing to humor you people with all your little -our's and -re's, but, dammit, pants are pants and underwear is underwear and nobody has worn "trousers" over here since 1960. I'm sorry, but we have you outnumbered.

By Bryan on Saturday, November 03, 2001 - 04:38 am: Edit

I received an order of 5 bottles from SC yesterday, took less than 7 days, just like always.

By Timk on Friday, November 02, 2001 - 02:36 pm: Edit

I hope you mean trousers :P

By _Blackjack on Monday, October 29, 2001 - 07:32 pm: Edit

I did, however, get notice today that a pair of leather pants I had ordere had been delayed because of customs problems coming from the manufacturer. Considering that they were fairly cheap, I suspect they were coming from Pakistan, which would explain the delay...

By Don_Walsh on Sunday, October 28, 2001 - 08:57 pm: Edit

Guys, between the employee lawsuits, insurance coverage, and the cost of new equipment, you can bet your ass the USPS WILL be raising the postal rates substantially, thank you very much OBL.

That doesn't 'directly' impact rates from here, or international common-carrier rates, but it will over time, I suspect. What a cheerful thought.

By Dr_Ordinaire on Sunday, October 28, 2001 - 06:17 pm: Edit

Don, this was going the other way, but may give you a feel about how things are going after Sept. 11.

I sent a sample of my friend's Hausgemacht to an absintheur in France and it arrived 3 (fucking THREE) weeks later via AUSTRALIA! where it was checked.

Why Australia? Beats me...

By Verawench on Sunday, October 28, 2001 - 03:58 pm: Edit

Before long we'll all be getting those "Property of Surayoke" tattoos on our ass... I can sense it.

By Chrysippvs on Sunday, October 28, 2001 - 03:41 pm: Edit

Don I have had two shipments of 2+ parcels each of absinthe/cognac/olive oil/wine come through fine in the past few weeks...

By Verawench on Sunday, October 28, 2001 - 07:56 am: Edit

Don,

Rupert's in the US. See the "Fyi....SC Shipments delayed" thread for others.

By Pantagruel on Sunday, October 28, 2001 - 05:38 am: Edit

Dear Don,

why don't you ask US Customs? :)

Then does this mean one will be able to purchase your product soon?

Eagerly,

Pantagruel

By Don_Walsh on Sunday, October 28, 2001 - 04:32 am: Edit

Dear Vera

Thanks. Heiko of course (Only for purposes of this thread!) doesn't count. Rupert, is located where? This is for US residents only.

I'm trying to get a handle on what impact Sept.11 has had on the rather delicate situation of benign neglect by US Customs) toward absinthe.

By Verawench on Saturday, October 27, 2001 - 08:57 pm: Edit

I placed 1 order (2 bottles) after Sept. 11th. It got through no problem. I believe Rupert also had got his, as did Heiko.

By Don_Walsh on Saturday, October 27, 2001 - 08:53 pm: Edit

I'm looking for a short-form answer to the above question.

If upi live in USA and you've ordered from SC or another European or Brazilian vendoe since Sept 11 -- did you get your bottles, yes or no? I'm not too interested in longer delivery times, etc, just a collection of success vs failure accounts so I can try to make sense out of the status quo.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page |Delete Conversation |Close Conversation |Move Conversation