A gathering of the tribes

Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Thru December 2001: A gathering of the tribes
By Zman7 on Thursday, November 29, 2001 - 08:45 am: Edit

Marc,
Your email (in your profile) appears not to be working.

By Marccampbell on Thursday, November 29, 2001 - 04:05 am: Edit

Blackjack hit Vegas today. Came to Venus looking like Zorro on acid, wearing leather and black rubber. He's a good soul and a powerful ally.
Vegas shuddered and sighed as he entered the realm of neon and sin.

By Marccampbell on Monday, November 26, 2001 - 10:36 pm: Edit

I can be contacted at Venus at 702 414 4870.
or via e-mail.

Peace, Marc

By Tavarua on Monday, November 26, 2001 - 07:58 pm: Edit

(Reference the joke thread.)

By Zman7 on Monday, November 26, 2001 - 07:49 pm: Edit

It's about time you joined the fray!

By Greendawg on Monday, November 26, 2001 - 07:19 pm: Edit

(...with apologies to The Resident Poet)

There once was a boy from Seattle
Who was prompted to log on and prattle.
"Do tell what you think
Of this sinister drink;
Or would you rather the prod made for cattle?"

For the record, I never touch the stuff; off the record, I was introduced in March by some other Seattle vampires and my wife hasn't looked at me the same way since (thanks, zman!).Looking forward to this weekend in Heaven...I mean, Las Vegas...hope we can raise a glass or three, and then raise a little hell.
Cheers,
Steve

By Emmy on Saturday, November 24, 2001 - 02:47 pm: Edit

posted ad on craigslist seeking ride. if i get one, i''m there =) i'll email you if i'm coming, marc.

cheers,

em

By Zman7 on Saturday, November 24, 2001 - 12:02 pm: Edit

Marc,
Myself, Bryan (who posts infrequently), and another forum lurker all have airline tix, and hotel reservations for the assigned time (Nov30 thru Dec 3). It would be great if we could still all get together for some green libation.
Marc B.
PS, I have alot of green stuff to bring if needed.

By _Blackjack on Saturday, November 24, 2001 - 07:20 am: Edit

well, Marc and I will just have to be debauched enough for all of us then...

Marc, I'll be getting into McCarran around 4:30 Wednesday afternoon. I'll give you a call once I'm settled in.

By Marccampbell on Saturday, November 24, 2001 - 02:44 am: Edit

okay. who's is actually coming to Vegas in the next couple of weeks?

By Zman7 on Monday, November 19, 2001 - 01:22 pm: Edit

Oh, no. There are 3 absintheurs from Seattle with pre-purchased airline tickets and hotel. If there are any others in our same sad condition, let's get a list and maybe get together anyway. I thought a few people posted that they were going. Marc, are you able to still set up a meeting arena?
MB

By Admin on Monday, November 19, 2001 - 01:12 pm: Edit

I'm sorry, plans went haywire and we just didn't get organized soon enough.

Hitch up to San Francisco for a day, and we could share a couple pitchers.

By _Blackjack on Monday, November 19, 2001 - 12:52 pm: Edit

Piffle indeed! I was looking forward to meeting you in the flesh.

By Admin on Monday, November 19, 2001 - 12:17 pm: Edit

Unfortunately, due to financial prioritizing, I'm not going to be able to make it Dec 1 to vegas.

Piffle.

Anyone interested in rescheduling!?!?! Or am I just the big loser?

By Admin on Friday, November 16, 2001 - 10:18 am: Edit

I think I need as much free time as possible, so I am trying to swing it, tho I just spent 1 week in New Orleans.

I'm with you, Marc. Weighing life options, "this is not a dress rehearsal," has been occupying myself alot lately.

Since I consider my current employment position to be ephemeral, I'm planning for the blackout, and what dream I can fill it with.

In the meantime ... cocktails, sweetie.

By Emmy on Friday, November 16, 2001 - 08:58 am: Edit

hehe looks like there's nothing but for the gathering to happen. if you can, marc, just see about a place that wil accomodate our intentions and the mob verte can take it from there, i'm sure ;)

looking into my options now. really hope i can scratch something together. heck maybe i'll just hotwire a ride and burn my way over.

By Zman7 on Friday, November 16, 2001 - 05:23 am: Edit

Uh-Oh, (insert sounds of panic here) It appears that there is no place to hold the gathering? Myself and a couple of Seattle comrades have already booked hotels/airfare, in the hopes of meeting/making some new friends and imbibing in some absinthe. Marc, is there a place that can be arranged for us all to meet and share in the green liquidity?
MB

By Marccampbell on Friday, November 16, 2001 - 03:08 am: Edit

blackjack,

Venus is hosting a pre-release party for the film
OCEAN'S 11 on Nov. 28. Come by and let's hang.

By _Blackjack on Friday, November 16, 2001 - 03:03 am: Edit

Well, I am all booked and will be there from Nov 28 - Dec 3, gathering or no. I'm good at making my own fun...

By Marccampbell on Friday, November 16, 2001 - 02:44 am: Edit

emmy,

I have no idea what the status of the Vegas gathering is. If its happening we had all better start talking about when and where. I can help.
If this is going down, when? If its going down, I'll find a spot to host the gathering. It may not be in my joint Venus, too little privacy.

emmy,
If its going down you are more than welcome to stay at my place.

Vegas seems very sober lately. Or maybe its me.
I've been dealing with profound issues. Mainly, do I really want to run a nightclub in Vegas or should I go back to writing songs and living a simpler life. I've been struggling with insecurity,self-doubt and depression. I've never been this unsure of myself and the world around me. I am experiencing a spiritual crisis. I embrace this confusion and pain because I believe
it indicates that I am delving deeper into my soul and questioning my values. September 11th
was Gods way of saying "anyone home?"

By Emmy on Thursday, November 15, 2001 - 03:36 pm: Edit

ah... finally got myself back on the forum... unfortunately, my situation in a nutshell is thus:

broke and almost broken...

if i could bum a ride and sleep on someone's floor for the stay in vegas, i'd be more than happy to trade whatever services i may render as a poet, a good cook, and an all around nice fuckin guy. anyone going from california with room in their trunk or the back seat of their vespa ;) ?

cheers,

the forumite formerly known as melinelly

By Marccampbell on Thursday, November 15, 2001 - 12:13 am: Edit

my "the troll is going down" was a bluff. It worked. The punk never returned.

By Heiko on Wednesday, November 14, 2001 - 07:23 pm: Edit

Sorry to interrupt your menage a 7, but I just read:
"(...) and hop my Vespa down to Vegas."

You have a Vespa? That makes two Vespas on this forum, quite a high number given no Italians are present ;-)

Oh, I forgot Italians nowadays all drive those automatic things that sound like lawnmowers. Not like back in '85 where I fell in love with the classic Vespa while touring the Toscana with my parents. At least SOMETHING good about the eighties ;-)

By Verawench on Wednesday, November 14, 2001 - 07:16 pm: Edit

I mean what I said.

I truly miss Marc on this forum. He was harsh but brilliant. And he brings an energy that's infectious.

Many others here are an utter let-down. Marc is the only one who truly keeps it up. He will always be an asshole but, unlike many, he will never be a commonplace or boring one.

I finally understand the source of the respect he received. He's our local badass.

Vera

By Chevalier on Wednesday, November 14, 2001 - 02:58 pm: Edit

Ask Kristy.

By _Blackjack on Wednesday, November 14, 2001 - 02:54 pm: Edit

Quote:

lets fuck.

Tempting, but...I'm pretty sure that with the new security measures, they won't let me put the economy-sized vat of Astro-Glide in my carry-on.

Quote:

even for the promise of Campbell cock..

Mm-mm good?
Cock is good food?

By Chevalier on Wednesday, November 14, 2001 - 11:43 am: Edit

Wasn't Marc going after the Kristy troll?

"the troll fell for the bait.
Threatening to use or using my phone number without my consent is a crime. My lawyer is contacting the appropriate authorities. The troll is going down."
-- Marc Campbell, "Kristy Tit Fuck" subtopic

Well, Marc? What ended up happening?

By Admin on Wednesday, November 14, 2001 - 11:00 am: Edit

You could take the train or bus with me. Heh.

By Morriganlefey on Wednesday, November 14, 2001 - 10:23 am: Edit

(Man, when Marc comes back, he comes back BIG, don't he??!)

Oi, an invitation like that is almost enough to make me say "fuck you flight-fear" and hop my Vespa down to Vegas. But 600 miles of hard road on a scooter is alot to swallow, even for the promise of Campbell cock..

By Petermarc on Wednesday, November 14, 2001 - 10:20 am: Edit

-sound of crickets fucking...-

By Verawench on Wednesday, November 14, 2001 - 06:45 am: Edit

Big Daddy, I missed you so.

And yes, let's.

By Marccampbell on Wednesday, November 14, 2001 - 04:48 am: Edit

kallisti, morrigan, mellinelly,ordinaire, walsh,
artemis, nephilim, vera, blackjack, petermarc,ian,hobglobin, breaux and the rest of the tribe...let's have some fun. stop the bullshit. lets fuck.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page |Delete Conversation |Close Conversation |Move Conversation