Carafes

Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Thru December 2001: Carafes
By Timk on Thursday, November 15, 2001 - 03:40 pm: Edit

By Etienne on Wednesday, November 14, 2001 - 06:38 am: Edit

The French seem to have a different idea of what "good condition" means. I bought a Feuilles #26 that had a krinkled nose that was listed so. I know that a friend recently received a spoon that had the tip almost cracked through. American dealers write pages of description, for a French dealer "bon etat" is enough.

As to the carafes, don't I remember someone posting at one time that there is a way, at least with the Pernod stuff, to date it by the style of the logo? Something about the hat? Anyone with a better memory?

By Timk on Wednesday, November 14, 2001 - 06:15 am: Edit

Ageing carafes has alwayse come across as difficult, does anyone know any models or patterns, or identification methods to seperate the Pre and Post ban Carafes - barring the obvious pictures and it saying absinthe - for instance one I have here has "verrerie florent Lyon" on the bottom.

Also as a side note, I have purchased two things from france, both described as in good condition, and both either scratched or minorly damaged in some way... with what the other forum members were saying, I think a pattern may have been emerging.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page |Delete Conversation |Close Conversation |Move Conversation