What Da Heil?

Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Thru December 2001: What Da Heil?
By Heiko on Thursday, November 22, 2001 - 07:05 am: Edit

for me, alcohol in combination with weed almost always had a massive effect (and I almost always massively emptied my stomach...)

When I was drunk and then smoked weed, I mostly had to lie down somewhere (and I really mean 'somewhere') and was blacked out for the next two or three hours with my mind floating in the black spheres of nowhere...

By Heiko on Thursday, November 22, 2001 - 06:55 am: Edit

"the effects of weed and alcohol cancel each other out when combined."

Hehe, the next time you're really drunk, try to cancel it out with a big joint...

Have Fun! ;-)

By Timk on Thursday, November 22, 2001 - 05:43 am: Edit

I may be weird, but weed + alcohol, or just a lot of weed gives me intense spasms that radiate from my spine throught my body, especially to my kidneys. I find im really sensitive to weed, and after a couple of drinks and a few joints, i will be sitting there enjoying this really intense experience looking totally out of it while everyone else is just fine. It may just be me. Also, the effects that it has on me are somewhat like those described for Yohimbe bark
"pleasant spinal shivers, followed by psychic stimulation, heightening of emotional and sexual feelings, mild perceptual changes without hallucinations"

I would say that is almost exactly what happens, and its not just a one-off either, i had this happen many many times. Lucky me I suppose.

By Louched_Liver on Wednesday, November 21, 2001 - 06:07 pm: Edit

The effects of weed and alcohol? Used to give me the "deadly spins", and make me puke quite often.

By Dr_Ordinaire on Wednesday, November 21, 2001 - 10:59 am: Edit

"I prefer to think that our enterprise and milieu does not derive from or depend on the stupid.

We do not owe any debt of gratitude to Hills. "

I wouldn't bet on that, Don. There may be in the entire world a thousand people who understand absinthe. There are literally millions who believe in the "pour-absinthe-in-the-spoon-and-light-it" thing.

Marc: Alcohol and THC should not cancel each other. Alcohol is a depressant, so it may make you sleepy. A depressant and a stimulant together (i.e. cocaine and heroine) seems to be good. But, as Jim Belushi proved, not very healthy...

By Chevalier on Wednesday, November 21, 2001 - 10:38 am: Edit

Besides, the effects of weed and alcohol cancel each other out when combined. Don't they?

By Don_Walsh on Wednesday, November 21, 2001 - 10:33 am: Edit

I prefer to think that our enterprise and milieu does not derive from or depend on the stupid.

We do not owe any debt of gratitude to Hills.

By Dr_Ordinaire on Tuesday, November 20, 2001 - 11:08 pm: Edit

"I don't understand how a lot of people could be so stupid to buy this seed-vodka.
Why don't they just buy weed if they want to get high? "

Heiko, count your blessings. It is because of stupid people that Hill started making absinthe again, then La Fee did the same, the Cusenier (Oxygenee) did...

And because a lot of stupid people showed an interest in absinthe, Jade is going to supply us with the right stuff!

Praised be the stupid... Halleluyah!

By Geoffk on Tuesday, November 20, 2001 - 11:04 pm: Edit

So they can get drunk at the same time. It's a labor-saving innovation...

-- Geoff K.

By Heiko on Tuesday, November 20, 2001 - 10:57 pm: Edit

I don't understand how a lot of people could be so stupid to buy this seed-vodka.
Why don't they just buy weed if they want to get high?

By Geoffk on Tuesday, November 20, 2001 - 07:50 pm: Edit

Yeah, the logic here is pretty offensive, though. "You are interested in Absinth(e), so obviously you're looking to get high. If the 'thujone' in out 'absinth(e)' products doesn't work for you maybe the (implied) THC in our vodka will do it. What does it taste like? Who cares? You just want to get high, right?"

Why would an absinthe maker market a cannabis product? What is the historical and romantic basis for drinking Cannnabis vodka? Answer: Who cares? You just want to get high, right??

-- Geoff K.

By Head_Prosthesis on Tuesday, November 20, 2001 - 06:26 pm: Edit

I had hemp beer a couple of times.

It was hempy goodness.

By Heiko on Tuesday, November 20, 2001 - 05:11 pm: Edit

maybe the vodka is healthy? The oil of the seeds is supposed to be healthy, but seeds contain absolutely no thc...

By _Blackjack on Tuesday, November 20, 2001 - 03:27 pm: Edit

Because hemp is a miracle product that will solve all of our fuel and nutritional needs, man! And I'm not just saying that because I want to smoke it...

By Tavarua on Tuesday, November 20, 2001 - 02:04 pm: Edit

There is a whole subset of cannibus/hemp spirits out there. They even have hemp beer in the states, which you can find at any quality specialty beer store. It's all hype.

By Cheri on Tuesday, November 20, 2001 - 01:47 pm: Edit

What the hell is this?

http://www.absinth.com/links/cannabisvodka50.html

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page |Delete Conversation |Close Conversation |Move Conversation