T-day is the greatest...

Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Thru December 2001: T-day is the greatest...
By Tavarua on Thursday, December 20, 2001 - 09:54 am: Edit

Chevy,

What's going on down there? Looks like a lot of pissed off people in the streets. Economic bill?

By Mr_Carfax on Thursday, November 22, 2001 - 03:45 pm: Edit

Some of us in Australia eat our national symbols...although I'm not as keen on kangaroo as I am on emu. Anyway, we have got an abundant growing population of them that are managed commercially.

See, that was the missed commercial opportunity, Kentucky Fried Bald Eagle.

By Chevalier on Thursday, November 22, 2001 - 10:39 am: Edit

Well, turns out that Argentina's ex-Prez Menem ain't leaving the country permanently. (Just a short visit to Chile, no más.) Now that he's been pardoned, he'll run for the presidency again. In Argentina, it's not just the vaqueros that shovel the bullsh*t.

By Tavarua on Thursday, November 22, 2001 - 09:41 am: Edit

I have a few friends living in Australia that say their beef is uncomparable. Because of all the steriods that we shoot into the dumbasses, one of my friends gets sick when she eats a steak back in to U.S. Cows are dumbasses.

By Heiko on Thursday, November 22, 2001 - 06:52 am: Edit

We should eat whales rather than beef.

Whales roam the sea in freedom until they are shot. If we ate more whales, somebody would soon have to breed whales and set them free to save the population. That would in the end mean more whales!

(*Hey Norway, if you read this - would you maybe sponsor me for promoting this?*)

By Gummo on Wednesday, November 21, 2001 - 09:46 pm: Edit

A bird in the hand is worth 2 in the Bush, except for this one girl I know who thinks it's the other way around. head5

By Perruche_Verte on Wednesday, November 21, 2001 - 07:05 pm: Edit

"Something that stupid deserves to be eaten by something else."

By Verawench on Wednesday, November 21, 2001 - 06:51 pm: Edit

hmmmm

Oh, the puns... they're everywhere.

By Thegreenimp on Wednesday, November 21, 2001 - 10:52 am: Edit

We are having our company Thanksgiving Lunch today........I brought two bottles of Absinthe, and some vintage glasses & spoons.
The Segarra seems to be going over well.........I think we may have a new tradition.
Jay

By Chevalier on Wednesday, November 21, 2001 - 10:22 am: Edit

Argentine beef ROCKS!!!!!

But the Argentine economy does not. So, everyone ... please go to Argentina, ski in their marvelous Patagonian resorts, enjoy Buenos Aires (one of the wonders of the word -- AND it has the Gran Café Tortoni, with all that antique absinthe paraphernalia), and SPEND LOTS OF MONEY. Now that ex-President/Corrupt Kingpin Menem has been pardoned and is leaving the country, your cash may just go into the right hands!

By Uncle on Wednesday, November 21, 2001 - 09:36 am: Edit

Lets all kill and enjoy the taste of flesh!!! We can rip meat and skin from the bone !!!!YUummmmm!I want to know who's makin the absinthe Pudding!!!!!? It not a holiday without it and halftime sex!

By Dr_Ordinaire on Wednesday, November 21, 2001 - 09:07 am: Edit

"A domesticated cow, on the other hand, can and does survive in confinement, ankle-deep in its own droppings, because that's what it's been bred to do as a big, walking hamburger-in-waiting."

Try to find Argentine beef. No feed-lots down there. Cows just roam the prairie, eat (gasp!) grass and moo away. Then they get killed, of course. But while they live, they're happy.

I've been told that the stressful life of feed-lots affects the taste of the beef. I can't tell, but it makes sense.

By Tavarua on Wednesday, November 21, 2001 - 08:34 am: Edit

Umm, Gorilla Burgers. Why not, they already have Gorilla Biscuits.

By Perruche_Verte on Wednesday, November 21, 2001 - 07:25 am: Edit

I see what you mean, though it's a little more complex. The problem is, the habitat that the gorillas and owls need to survive contains things that are more valuable to (some) people -- timber, mostly -- than the animals are.

A domesticated cow, on the other hand, can and does survive in confinement, ankle-deep in its own droppings, because that's what it's been bred to do as a big, walking hamburger-in-waiting.

I suppose if we developed domestic forms of the gorilla and the owl to do things like sweep floors and catch mice - or to be gorilla- or owl-burgers - they'd have a better chance of long-range survival.

Funny, I misread your message, Geoff, and I thought you typed "crows". As long as we have McDonald's, yes, I'm sure crows will survive!

By Dr_Ordinaire on Wednesday, November 21, 2001 - 06:29 am: Edit

Geoff, that's a good point.

There are some 10,000 wolves in the States. There are about 50 MILLION dogs in the States.

One of those two species is doing something right...

By Geoffk on Wednesday, November 21, 2001 - 06:16 am: Edit

Actually, I had an argument about this once with an animal-rights guy. Basically, I said that gorillas and owls arebecoming extinct because they aren't that useful to people. On the other hand, as long as there's a McDonald's, there will be cows.

He didn't think that being eaten was a good tradeoff versus species extinction. We'll see which one he chooses when the Sirian Slime people arrive.

-- Geoff K.

By Mr_Rabid on Wednesday, November 21, 2001 - 01:22 am: Edit

Someday, will the Martians come, do you think and say that of men?

Mmmm! Human-day! Let us give thanks to Ozzrakadulluk for this feast!

I think not. We will have become vegetarians almost universally by that time, and be wiped out by the terrible vengance of the plant-men of Sirius.

So it goes.

By Mr_Rabid on Wednesday, November 21, 2001 - 01:18 am: Edit

Wild turkeys aren't dumb. They are horribly intelligent in fact, and drive many hunters back to camp empty handed.

It was almost the national bird of the USA- I think Benjamin Franklin was one of the proponents.

By Geoffk on Wednesday, November 21, 2001 - 12:34 am: Edit

I would. Turkeys are the dumbest multi-celled organisms around. Something that stupid deseres to be eaten by something else.

(insert your own Bush joke here)

-- Geoff K.

By Perruche_Verte on Tuesday, November 20, 2001 - 11:48 pm: Edit

Aww, who'd eat anything that cute.

By Head_Prosthesis on Tuesday, November 20, 2001 - 09:57 pm: Edit

Please feel free to use this image with credit to Farm Sanctuary

Sleep tight my pet, for tomorrow I eat you.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page |Delete Conversation |Close Conversation |Move Conversation