Some more reviews for your pleasure ...

Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Thru December 2001: Some more reviews for your pleasure ...
By Chrysippvs on Monday, November 26, 2001 - 11:11 pm: Edit

lol...

By Tavarua on Saturday, November 24, 2001 - 03:18 pm: Edit

Take a bottle of Deva, cook it for a good five hours or until you can detect a distinct burning smell. Pour and drink. Voila, you have La Fee.

By Geoffk on Saturday, November 24, 2001 - 03:08 pm: Edit

I find Hermes to be mostly star anise tasting, more reminiscent of Mari Mayans than anything else. Is that true of La Fee as well? Someone else said that it had a nice herbal balance with some mint overtones. Obviously, if it's one-dimensional and mostly star anise, that wouldn't be true.

How do you find the herbal notes/balance?

-- Geoff K.

By Wolfgang on Thursday, November 22, 2001 - 07:06 pm: Edit

There I am again with more reviews!

I tasted LaFee absinthe, Pastis ''La muse Verte'' and l'"Absinthine" from Jean Boyer.

Absinthine :

50% alc.

The label say : "a la plante d'absinthe et a l'eau de vie de vin" (made with absinthe and wine spirit).

Light louche. Smell's of soap. Taste and look a bit like dishwashing water. Not really bad doo. Different. Refreshing if you use more water and lot's of ice. Not too sweet, it's better to add some sugar.

Pastis La muse Verte:

45% alc.
Yummy! It really taste like absinthe. Nice bottle, nice smell, nice unsweetness, nice taste of absinthe, delicate anis and charming spices. Before adding water it's yellow-green and after it turns more yellow. I used about 40 ml of it with 200ml of water over 1/2 sugar cube and it's really interesting. The best "absinthe copy" you can get... If it's not really made with absinthe... I got it from an old captain who opened an exotic shop in the 4th arrondissement in Paris. After half an hour of looking around his very interesting shop I took the bottle and he just told me (in french of course): "you made a wise choice boy". A nice souvenir who's vanishing very fast !

La Fee absinthe:

68% alc.
Chemicaly green. Not too sweet, it`s not bad. I expected something better but finaly I taste something in it that reminds me of Hermes (without beeing that bad). In fact Hermes is like a very bad batch of La fee. Better that Deva ? Yes. Better than my favored Spanish trio ? No. If you just want to taste it, try to get your hands on a mignonette before paying big money for something not better than some Spanish. I would drink La Muse Verte over La Fee anytime. Nice spoon doo ;-)

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page |Delete Conversation |Close Conversation |Move Conversation