Ooh! Nice glass!

Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Thru December 2001: Ooh! Nice glass!
By Perruche_Verte on Sunday, November 25, 2001 - 07:36 am: Edit

Loewenshop will ship glasses and spoons to the U.S., but not absinthe. They say it is illegal for them to send it here.

By Head_Prosthesis on Saturday, November 24, 2001 - 09:07 pm: Edit

A tippy taster will.

By Dr_Ordinaire on Saturday, November 24, 2001 - 05:09 pm: Edit

I fail to see the logic in those glasses with a reservoir with a narrow neck in the bottom.

It certainly doesn't help the mixing of the green fairy and the water, and if there is any undisolved sugar in the bottom, good luck... No spoon will reach there...

By Petermarc on Saturday, November 24, 2001 - 02:33 pm: Edit

well, at least you can taste it...

By Heiko on Saturday, November 24, 2001 - 04:45 am: Edit

Compared to NS 70, the Tabu tastes much stronger, you need more water, and you need sugar. The louche is massive. I like the taste - it has something of the other Tabu, but not that much. It tastes of wormwood a lot and is rather bitter (almost too bitter, like I said before - but still ok). I don't know if it's worth the extra money, but it's worth a try (you can't drink much of it anyways, so it's not that expensive) :-)

By Verawench on Friday, November 23, 2001 - 07:15 pm: Edit

My god, that looks like a bottle of hot sauce.

By Perruche_Verte on Friday, November 23, 2001 - 07:01 pm: Edit

How does it compare to NS 70? Is it worth
the extra 7 Euros or so?

By _Blackjack on Friday, November 23, 2001 - 06:59 pm: Edit

Watch out, Serpis:

http://www.loewenshop.com/shop/docs/pd1117837682.htm

By Heiko on Friday, November 23, 2001 - 04:28 pm: Edit

Well, the cork is already broken into pieces (third time I opened the bottle...), but the Tabu is good.

Tastes nice, only a little too bitter, maybe. But still ok. You can't drink much of it anyways. About one glass equals a bottle of red wine or so. I can hardly finish the second glass, I've never had a drink that was that strong...

Nonetheless, it feels very "alcoholic", only extremely strong. I feel like one the people in one of the famous absinthe paintings - staring at my monitor...

Two glasses, I can't believe it...

By Petermarc on Friday, November 23, 2001 - 11:22 am: Edit

'slingers around on it'
damn, that is beautiful (seriously)

By Petermarc on Friday, November 23, 2001 - 11:21 am: Edit

so much for the allure of internet photographs...

By Heiko on Friday, November 23, 2001 - 10:25 am: Edit

I just got a bottle of the new Tabu and one of the Brouille glasses, the latter of which I'm going to send back right away...

First, the glass looks even worse than on the picture, but that wouldn't be a reason to send it back - but, second, the glass and the brouille do not fit at all. The edge of the glass is so uneven that the brouille slingers around on it.

Well, I know, this is handcraft glass and might be slightly uneven here and there - but give me some molten glass and I make a better one myself. It looks like someone's three year old brother has made it!

The Tabu seems to be good (I only sipped it neat, it tasted mild for 73%). It's much on the black jellybean side, I think. It seems I like it, but it's not that special. Much better than the other Tabu, though.

Whoever had the shitty idea to close the bottle with a cork could at least have used high quality corks. This one is shit - I mean, when you open the bottle the first time and a lot of cork dust'n'pieces falls into the Absinthe...

By Petermarc on Friday, November 23, 2001 - 09:20 am: Edit

it is too bad modern makers feel compelled to muck up the excellent design with guilding and frou-frous on the foot...these are nice products...i was sent a sample of the new tabu 73° by someone who has fallen off the radar and i hope to hear from soon...i made the mistake of trying it along side very good hausgemachts, and it was lost by the way-side...the color is slightly whisky with a very light tinge of green...very similar to vintage berger...it had a very spicy nose, like versinthe with a hint of candy, like kermann or trenet...the alcohol hits hard when taken neat...it has a very slow louche, and gives a slick, again looking very much like the berger...i think i was told there is no sugar in it and it doesn't need it...very sweet anis taste,like segarra, hard to find the taste of wormwood in it because of the gingerbreadyness...eventually turns a milky, yellow with imaginary green tint (if you think it, it will come)the addition of liquid sugar knocks out the kick and turns it into something you could quaff...a truly decent product that only lacks the taste of wormwood...

By _Blackjack on Friday, November 23, 2001 - 05:00 am: Edit

They've got glasses with those individual dripper thingies too.

http://www.loewenshop.com/shop/docs/pd1494472772.htm

By Absinthedrinker on Friday, November 23, 2001 - 03:01 am: Edit

Their glass blowers are very skilled, this glass was loosely based on the glass that I use on my Green Fairy profile but was created on the basis of photographs only. Keep an eye open for more designs that will be based on other classic absinthe glasses.

By Perruche_Verte on Thursday, November 22, 2001 - 10:29 pm: Edit

Cool.

Me too on the Tabu, even though it's colored with "nettle and spinach extracts".

By _Blackjack on Thursday, November 22, 2001 - 09:22 pm: Edit

http://www.loewenshop.com/shop/docs/pd1005825583.htm

Hey, could one of our Deutscheforumites see if these guys ship to the US? I'd like to try some Tabu as well...

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page |Delete Conversation |Close Conversation |Move Conversation