Ok I need help in finding some...

Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Thru December 2001: Ok I need help in finding some...
By Eyelikeart on Thursday, December 20, 2001 - 08:51 am: Edit

Ok I get it now. Sorry for the confusion, as I am just new to these boards.

By Artemis on Thursday, December 13, 2001 - 02:25 am: Edit

Thanks, Peter. I like that picture too. It has a certain Rockwellized Heavy Metal quality, I thought. I'm especially pleased with how some unexpected details came out, such as the pile of underwear on the table, and the mouse wire on the desk.

yr hbl srvt,
T.B.

By Petermarc on Wednesday, December 12, 2001 - 09:51 am: Edit

frank, kallisti provided these links the last time we had one...troll FAQ...

http://digital.net/~gandalf/trollfaq.html

http://spiralx.dyndns.org/howto.html
http://www.geocities.com/TelevisionCity/Set/2342/waste.html
http://www.geocities.com/TelevisionCity/Set/2342/tracks.html

By Eyelikeart on Wednesday, December 12, 2001 - 08:28 am: Edit

Well thank u for the last few posts. I was starting to figure I'd have to deal with a little bit of teasing for seeming so naive. Just could someone tell me exactly what a troll is at least? thanks!

By Petermarc on Wednesday, December 12, 2001 - 03:26 am: Edit

terwilliger, love the new profile portrait!...

By Petermarc on Wednesday, December 12, 2001 - 03:05 am: Edit

true, true...

By Artemis on Wednesday, December 12, 2001 - 03:01 am: Edit

"might even enjoy the horrid process of becoming a regular around here"

I wouldn't wish that curse on anybody. Like being bitten by a Nosferatu, it brings certain benefits, but you're damned all the same.

By Admin on Wednesday, December 12, 2001 - 12:04 am: Edit

Dear Sirs,

There is a relative, and sometimes rather unpleasant, hazing process that goes on here, until folks feel comfortable enough that you are not planting yourself here to cause mischief, of which kind we have had much of lately.

In other words, brave it through, browse past threads, read the FAQ and the site, back yourself up, and you'll be just fine. And might even enjoy the horrid process of becoming a regular around here.

signed,

the management

By Eyelikeart on Tuesday, December 11, 2001 - 11:04 pm: Edit

First off, my last name should have absolutely nothing to do with anything.

Second, what the hell is a "troll?"

Third, who cares if I included my email address in the thread? I'm new with this and was looking for help. I don't know how it all works.

If I'm going to get completely criticized for asking questions, then save it.

By Verawench on Tuesday, December 11, 2001 - 07:53 pm: Edit

I was making a comment.

By Verawench on Tuesday, December 11, 2001 - 07:53 pm: Edit

...nevermind.

By Head_Prosthesis on Tuesday, December 11, 2001 - 07:36 pm: Edit

What's your point?

By Head_Prosthesis on Tuesday, December 11, 2001 - 07:36 pm: Edit

So?

By Verawench on Tuesday, December 11, 2001 - 07:27 pm: Edit

You know, there's fake boobs and then there are monstrous tumor-like bubbles of flesh held shut by nipples the size of human eyeballs, as to prevent fermented saline from oozing forth.

By Heiko on Tuesday, December 11, 2001 - 07:16 pm: Edit

Trolls seem to carry arabian-sounding names suddenly. How controversial.

By Verawench on Tuesday, December 11, 2001 - 05:44 pm: Edit

Shhhhhh...

Be vewy vewy qwiet. They're huntin twolls.

By Head_Prosthesis on Tuesday, December 11, 2001 - 02:23 pm: Edit

"I knew a girl called NOLA and I took her back to my place..."

By Artemis on Tuesday, December 11, 2001 - 05:07 am: Edit

My point was not about email addresses, it was that a characteristic of the arch-troll was to overstate the obvious. Such as posting an email address in a thread that's already available in a profile. Explaining that New Orleans is in the Southeast USA. etc. etc. I won't come out and say I smell troll because then I'll be accused of being rough on newbies.

By Heiko on Tuesday, December 11, 2001 - 04:23 am: Edit

I have been prepared to abandon my gmx freemail address for more than a year now - I have given it away so often and published it everywhere I needed to, but nothing has happened yet. I don't even get spam mail (well, I guess it's filtered, so much about privacy...)

By Artemis on Tuesday, December 11, 2001 - 02:48 am: Edit

I recall a troll who attempted to harvest email addresses by inviting people into private discourse.
He or she or it of course,
Cared not a whit about discourse.

If your email address is in your profile, people will find it. If they want it. As to people laughing at you about New Orleans, there is a koan wherein someone asked the master about Zen.
He replied it was like standing ass-deep in the ocean and inquiring about water.

Thanks for the tip on the location of New Orleans, though.

By Giovannigray on Tuesday, December 11, 2001 - 12:56 am: Edit

Eye..

On the spiritscorner.com website, as Heiko indicated, there's a little English flag just to the left of center of the page. Clicking on that will present you with all the information in English. If you then click on the "apertif" option, you'll find what you want. All you need to do is proceed as you would on any e-shopping site.

Regards,

GGray

By Eyelikeart on Monday, December 10, 2001 - 10:27 pm: Edit

ok...

I guess I've made a joke of myself here. If anyone wants to actually help me out I'd appreciate it. Pardon my seeming naive with this.

By Heiko on Monday, December 10, 2001 - 10:08 pm: Edit

Oh come on, there's a little English flag on the website. Usually, clicking on little English flags makes websites turn English all of a sudden - how? ...through wicked magick...

And of course, NO is the worst place in the world to get absinthe, *LOL*

By Verawench on Monday, December 10, 2001 - 10:02 pm: Edit

OMG.

New Orleans.
Hahahahaha, dude, you have no idea.

By Eyelikeart on Monday, December 10, 2001 - 09:20 pm: Edit

I live in New Orleans, LA (southeast U.S.) and I'm pretty sure it's extremely hard to get a bottle of good stuff here. I want to try some badly, but don't know where to go about getting it. I made a post about a week ago regarding a similar issue, and I was directed to a website that was in Spanish. I didn't know how to find anything there.

Is it my understanding that one can order some in Canada? If I'm wrong, would someone be at all happy to give me some help? Anyone wanting to discuss this via email can reach me at eyelikeart@aol.com

thanks in advance

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page |Delete Conversation |Close Conversation |Move Conversation