Is Pere Kermann real stuff or no?

Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Archive Thru March 2002: Archive thru January 2002:Is Pere Kermann real stuff or no?
By Louched_Liver on Thursday, December 06, 2001 - 06:35 pm: Edit

Depending on the majority-NYC or the Philadelphia area.

By Wolfgang on Thursday, December 06, 2001 - 06:31 pm: Edit

In May ? Where ? If it's no more than a two-three hours ride from Montreal, no problem.

By Louched_Liver on Thursday, December 06, 2001 - 05:58 pm: Edit

Our "orgy", as you called it, was quite orgiastic as far as interest in absinthe went, anyway. Too many males to think about anything else orgywise, and be comfortable in the same room.

By Louched_Liver on Thursday, December 06, 2001 - 05:55 pm: Edit

Hello Wolfie,
Join us in May, maybe?
The Liver

By Wolfgang on Thursday, December 06, 2001 - 05:46 pm: Edit

Wow! You`r getting special treatment! It`s the first time I ear Ted making a recommendation for some commercial products!

Anyway, even after I tasted his elixirs, I can back up his recommendations. NS70 is the most "herbaly close to autentic" absinthe easyly available today. Segarra is "autenticaly distilled" even if it's a "two string banjo" (I can't get this one out of my head).

And don't forget to taste Serpis65, it's red, it's not "autentic" but it's really interesting!

Welcome aboard!

By Tabreaux on Thursday, December 06, 2001 - 02:49 pm: Edit

Hmmm. I had trouble with the link.

Try: www.spiritscorner.com

By Tabreaux on Thursday, December 06, 2001 - 02:45 pm: Edit

A reliable means of getting these is the following Spanish distributor:

Spirits Corner

This will provide a far better experience than would P. Kermann. I suggest N.S. 70% and Segarra for a contrast of the best Spanish types.

By Eyelikeart on Thursday, December 06, 2001 - 02:31 pm: Edit

Thanks for the heads up. I'm wondering, though, how do I obtain a bottle of Deva or N.S.? I don't know many people who can get this stuff for me and I'm fairly eager to experiment...

By Tabreaux on Thursday, December 06, 2001 - 12:33 pm: Edit

I have a bottle, and it is one of the most disappointing 'absinthes' I have ever tasted, even by modern standards. Pay no attention to what the seller's have to say, as they give nothing but marketing propadanda where this product is concerned. This thin, synthetic gruel has almost no flavor or herbal content whatsoever. Basically, it tastes like vodka with a little sugar, and a trace of some herbal extract. If you want authenticity, look 180 degrees in the other direction. You'd be far better off getting a bottle of Deva 70% or N.S. 70%. While they aren't historically authentic, you certainly get something far more interesting for your money than you would by spending on Pere Kermann.

By Eyelikeart on Thursday, December 06, 2001 - 11:57 am: Edit

I'm new to this message board and have been reading a lot of posts from it
today regarding the authenticity of Pere Kermann. I am in the position to
get a bottle and have been, for a while, itching to get my hands on some
really good stuff. Would I be wasting my money on this or is it authentic?

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page |Delete Conversation |Close Conversation |Move Conversation