The last drop

Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Archive Thru March 2002: Archive thru January 2002:The last drop
By Petermarc on Thursday, December 13, 2001 - 10:14 am: Edit

batch variation, it's a bitch, even for the commercial producers...that's why there are so many that are artificially colored, sweetened or just plain suck...so it sucks the same every time...to make a commercial absinthe, in large, duplicate batches that is traditional, natural and good must be a monumental/expensive feat...it's most likely why no one has bothered to do it again...yet...

By Heiko on Thursday, December 13, 2001 - 09:28 am: Edit

Do not mix Versinthe with Segarra, it's not good

By Wolfgang on Thursday, December 13, 2001 - 07:52 am: Edit

... I should also keep some of that Versinthe to sanitaryse my Czech souvenirs...

By Wolfgang on Thursday, December 13, 2001 - 07:45 am: Edit

When I opened my new bottle of NS70, the lemon jumped in my face. I'm afraid there can be some difference between batchs. Lemon, anis and coriander. I still like it but it now comes last in my fave spanish trio. I think I will go buy a bottle of Versinthe and add some in my NS (about 20% Versinthe).

By the way, I cleaned some SanPellegrino 250ml bottles and slapped nice labels of old absinthe ads to it. I will put my NS-Versinthe mix in it. It will look better than the ugly NS bottle. Am I the only one doing that ?

Serpis 65 and Segarra will remain untouched doo.

By Giovannigray on Thursday, December 13, 2001 - 12:50 am: Edit

Actually, Segarra and Deva50 is a lovely combination. Sebor and Deva..I may just have to try that..although it's requiring more than a little stretch to imagine what that might taste like.

By Artist on Thursday, December 13, 2001 - 12:03 am: Edit

I actually enjoy Herring...and I have been having a lot of fun with mixes...Herring/Serpis 65...Deva 50/NS 70...Sebor/Deva 50...Montana/Deva 70.

Of course I drink Segarra like a virgin - never touched by others.

I bet if could get ahold of Jade I'd drink it like a virgin too...

By Heiko on Wednesday, December 12, 2001 - 11:32 pm: Edit

Right, Montana is better than Herring.

Montana doesn't have much taste at all, but it's kind of lemon-fresh and mixes very good with beer (don't blame me for headaches...).

Drunk from a plastic bottle with much water at concerts on hot summer days it can have amazing effects ;-)

By Wolfgang on Wednesday, December 12, 2001 - 03:10 pm: Edit

I`m happy. I got my louchey delights !

Too late for last weekend party but just in time to kill that cold...

I`m now tasting an old timer : Montana absenta. (I added a mini bottle to my order. Cost almost nothing.)

I expected something almost undrinkable. It`s not that bad. Of course you need to like lemon but on the other side the anis is not too strong and I can still detect the musky taste I identify as comming from wormwood. To compare it within a similar category, I like it better than Herring. If I was on a terrasse in Barcelone, under the sun at 35 degree C, I would enjoy it with lots of ice. Almost like a lemonade. Not great but worth trying.

Now lets go for an old lover : Segarra !

By Wolfgang on Friday, December 07, 2001 - 04:14 pm: Edit

The monster is dead in the sink. What a waste of perfectly good beer! Versinthe-absinthine with WATER is good doo.

By Wolfgang on Friday, December 07, 2001 - 03:49 pm: Edit

I created a monster!
1/2oz Versinthe 1/2oz Absinthine (Jean Boyer) and a Blanche de Chambly beer.

By Wolfgang on Friday, December 07, 2001 - 03:41 pm: Edit

Now how many absinthes do I drink... Depends if I get my shipment in due time damn it! When I have a good supply, 1-2 glass a day (sometimes not at all, sometimes way too much). This saturday I was planning to drink way too much but now that I know I wont get my shipment in time, I think a will stay sober.

Yes, absinthe makes me drink too much because it's so easy to drink, so refreshing and so enlightening.

Now I'm drinking a good beer and I know that if a I take a second one I will fall asleap on the spot... With absinthe I would have drink 3-4 glass easysy.

By Wolfgang on Friday, December 07, 2001 - 03:33 pm: Edit

Why do I drink four absinthes? I'll tell you... The first two make me feal like a new man... And this new man, why can't he take two absinthes ?...

(Translated from a drawing by Albert Guillaume. "Le Pele-mele, 1901. Coll. MCD)

By Mr_Rabid on Friday, December 07, 2001 - 02:45 pm: Edit

Ditto that. Green hour when I got home... but the thing at Pantagruels place was my last for awhile. Maybe on the weekends, maybe not for a month or so.

I must let my brain meat recover.

By Perruche_Verte on Friday, December 07, 2001 - 12:46 pm: Edit

I went through a run of imbibing just about daily but now I save it for weekends and special moments. But isn't every moment special in its own way?

By Cheri on Friday, December 07, 2001 - 12:44 pm: Edit

I will admit that I've been drinking about one glass a night.. that is a shotglass of absinthe with about 4 equal parts water..

By Chevalier on Friday, December 07, 2001 - 09:24 am: Edit

Just how much absinthe do you guys and gals drink per week? Per day? Per HOUR?

By Wolfgang on Friday, December 07, 2001 - 07:17 am: Edit

Thank you thank you.

...I wonder how many bottles of absinthe would be lost just to fill a pipeline from SC to my house...

By Louched_Liver on Thursday, December 06, 2001 - 07:17 pm: Edit

Wolf Dog,
I have a bottle of NS 70 I can lend. You just gotta pay the shipping. Fat tariff, I'm sure, but it's yours.

By Head_Prosthesis on Thursday, December 06, 2001 - 07:12 pm: Edit

Ok ok, calm down, I can help, listen to me, listen to my voice, I'm here with you, I've been there myself...

151 rum and coke, limes are the key, lots of ice.

By Wolfgang on Thursday, December 06, 2001 - 07:00 pm: Edit

I`m the mix master here! I already know that tasty mix. Problem is : no more absinthe at all in my drunkyard!

By Louched_Liver on Thursday, December 06, 2001 - 06:52 pm: Edit

Try Versinthe and NS 70. Complex, and tasty.

By Head_Prosthesis on Thursday, December 06, 2001 - 06:39 pm: Edit

Donations for Wolfie! AWWW COME ON FOLKS!!!
Give a little... It's the Holiday season. Despite how Lordhob feels.

By Wolfgang on Thursday, December 06, 2001 - 06:23 pm: Edit

That`s it. I`m down to drinking a mix of La muse verte and Versinthe. I sipped my last drop of Serpis65 tonight.

Big party in two days and I'm still waiting for my SC shipment...O sad it is!

Bear with me fellow absintheurs!

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page |Delete Conversation |Close Conversation |Move Conversation