OT: "Alcool"

Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Archive Thru March 2002: Archive thru January 2002:OT: "Alcool"
By Brett on Wednesday, December 12, 2001 - 02:00 pm: Edit

I'll try to do a scan of the label tonight. As I said though, its fairly simple.

I'm farily certain its a neutral spirit, however the bottle hasn't been opened yet and I see no good reason to open it now.

By Wolfgang on Monday, December 10, 2001 - 08:01 pm: Edit

If you post a picture of the label/bottle I will gladly try to identify it. AS Don said, it`s probably just neutral spirit, I`m just surprised it`s not higher proof.

For absinthe, try anything from Segarra, NS70 and Serpis65. If you can get LaFee, it`s also not too bad.

By Abszim on Sunday, December 09, 2001 - 10:35 pm: Edit

Segarra & Serpis 65

By Zman7 on Sunday, December 09, 2001 - 10:09 am: Edit

NS 70

By Don_Walsh on Saturday, December 08, 2001 - 11:18 pm: Edit

Probably just neutral spirits, i.e., vodka. If it's almost odorless and tasteless, that's what it is.

By Artist on Saturday, December 08, 2001 - 11:01 pm: Edit

Segarra & NS 70...

By Brett on Saturday, December 08, 2001 - 10:22 pm: Edit

Well I've returned to the forum under a slightly different name. My old password seemed to not take for some reason. Whatever.

Anyway, this question is for the Montreal/Quebec forum members.

I was doing an inventory of the liquor cabinet today (9 bottles of the whisky group, but no one in my family drinks whisky) and found an unopened bottle -completely in French- which, according to my father is just alcohol. 40% by volume, so its alcohol and water. That's it. Anyway, he has no idea how old it is, but its from the "Alcohol Society of Quebec" (literal translation).

According to my uncle, you could get this stuff in Ontario and it was popular to put in punch or watermelons in the summer.

What the hell is this stuff?

Now, slightly on-topic. Running low on my Mari Mayans, thinking about placing an order in the near future. What should I go for? Deva, Segarra, La Fee, NS, Serpis? If I order from SC (very likely) I will probably order 2 bottles, although one could very well be Mari Mayans again.

Also, what are some good anise-based drinks? Locally, I can choose from Luxardo, Bosco Liquori, Olympic or Tsantalis Ouzo or a wide range of sambucas...

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page |Delete Conversation |Close Conversation |Move Conversation